Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dub step.

It is inevitable.

Listen to all 3 of them mixes in sequence and then listen to Shiva mix Slav. got me through 2 days of work.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse View Post
    There are loads on the first page of this thread Slav.
    yeah but that would have taken clicking and reading. and you know how it is... :;

(and pretty much wanted to get this discussion back on topic)

but will do :)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjwtVjZtQGk

one of my favourite tunes from the last years, brilliant rmx IMO
    i like that shit

BOA Lifetime Member

There are loads on the first page of this thread Slav.

lol. I didnt dig them TBH.

I'm gonna try and hunt down a couple of ones i like & post em.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBlack View Post
    Listen to all 3 of them mixes in sequence and then listen to Shiva mix Slav. got me through 2 days of work.
    Shivas is well interesting. .

I still wish it was done on the wax though. I find the bass lacking in abelton sets sometimes.

Parsnip

I just downloaded this one. I haven't listened to it yet, but knowing Stormfield it will be full of obscenely heavy basslines.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck View Post

I still wish it was done on the wax though. I find the bass lacking in abelton sets sometimes.
    glad you dig, but a fair bit of those were taken direct from the mastered wavs...so not sure where the lack of bass perception is coming from. the real question is...if i hadn't posted that it was an ableton mix, would you have heard it the same way? ;)

i purposely use ableton for dubstep because my one gripe about it is many of the tunes are based around "drop to drop" mixing (kinda like dnb), and i prefer the flow of techno layering, instant edits and geeky efx play myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    how about you read my post after yours.

i have listened to it. its shit. really ****ing shit. im attacking the object not the person. and i have raised to you as a mod now that i do not like being called a prick by DJ Shiva. This is an ad hom and i would appreciate to be able to express my opions onhere without being personally attacked.
    wow... you are a nervy little ****er aren't you? you come on here talking MAD smack, calling everything in dubstep shit (wow...you listened to EVERYTHING in the whole genre, huh? when do you sleep?), declaring its inferiority to techno, such that it should never soil the speakers techno is played on, call anyone who listens to it drugged out idiots, and now you get all butt-hurt because i called you out for being a closed-minded prick?

someone can dish it out but sure doesn't know how to take it, huh? good lord, are you frickin' twelve years old?

anyway, whatever...whoever wants to talk about dubstep, let's chat. now that aratron has made his opinion clear, i should hope that he can find threads that are more pertinent to his dazzling taste in music, and leave the rest of us to talk about the utter drivel that we are listening to.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck View Post

You really do have achip on your shoulder about this whole vinyl vs digital thing dont you man.

Why?

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    You really do have achip on your shoulder about this whole vinyl vs digital thing dont you man.
    In fairness, I didn't read it that way.

He's just commenting on his perception.

It would be interesting to see the results of a double blind test though.

BOA Mod

In fairness, I didn't read it that way.

He's just commenting on his perception.

It would be interesting to see the results of a double blind test though.
    planky NEVER loses an opportunity to have a dig about vinyl vs digital.

:lol:

Thats right planky... im watching.. ALWAYS watching

Supreme Freak

i didn't really read massplanck's comment as a dig either, for the record. see? i swear i am not a knee-jerk responder. really.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post

Why?
    Well to be fair, it seems to me like you have an equally big pro-digital chip on yours?

Reckon there's a sticky for this old topic already though :lol:
    Myspace here

BOA Lifetime Member

Warping in ableton affects the bass region.... i coudlnt quote you any numbers or anything, but i can hear it. for sure...

i would guess there is some sort of phase manipulation by the stretching of the waveforms, around the 400 - 800 Hz area, which is where alot of the punch lies..

i could be totally wrong here...but all i know is that it does affect the sound

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    Warping in ableton affects the bass region.... i coudlnt quote you any numbers or anything, but i can hear it. for sure...

i would guess there is some sort of phase manipulation by the stretching of the waveforms, around the 400 - 800 Hz area, which is where alot of the punch lies..

i could be totally wrong here...but all i know is that it does affect the sound
    if it is warped in beats mode, there are definitely transient noises, and complex mode also does involve some degradation of sound. however, most of my stuff is warped in "repitch" mode, which does not have the same degradation of sound.

M.O.D.

I just downloaded this one. I haven't listened to it yet, but knowing Stormfield it will be full of obscenely heavy basslines.
    not really for me. reminds me of late 90s ed rush or trace records at half speed.

still open minded though...more?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djshiva View Post

wow... you are a nervy little ****er aren't you? you come on here talking MAD smack, calling everything in dubstep shit (wow...you listened to EVERYTHING in the whole genre, huh? when do you sleep?), declaring its inferiority to techno, such that it should never soil the speakers techno is played on, call anyone who listens to it drugged out idiots, and now you get all butt-hurt because i called you out for being a closed-minded prick?

someone can dish it out but sure doesn't know how to take it, huh? good lord, are you frickin' twelve years old?

anyway, whatever...whoever wants to talk about dubstep, let's chat. now that aratron has made his opinion clear, i should hope that he can find threads that are more pertinent to his dazzling taste in music, and leave the rest of us to talk about the utter drivel that we are listening to.

glad you feel free to ventilate Millie. Like i said no need to get defensive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.Prodigy View Post
    :lol: hilarious

*laughing in office"

not having a go at you Aratron, just had to post about how much I enjoyed massplanck's sence of humor there...

it's okay mate i athought it was quite funny aswell.:lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MITA View Post
    been enjoying thisone for a while~ : )

http://www.ragandbonerecords.co.uk/W...t_Dubz_mix.mp3

1. Crooked One - Let Us Pray (dub)
    2. Crooked One - Voided (dub)
    3. Crooked One - Paradroid (dub)
    4. Crooked One - Annilhilation (Starksound)
    5. Komonasmuk v Whiteboi- Shankstep (dub)
    6. Soundbox - Ghost Train (dub)
    7. Elemental - Shiner (dub)
    8. Starkey - Shoulder Lean (dub)
    9. Hue Jah Fink & Kirsty Hawkshaw - Out Of Reach (dub)
    10. Blackmass Plastics - Nite boat (Dirty Needles dub)
    11. Komonasmuk v Whiteboi- Ayatollah (dub)
    12. Inasekt - Untitled dub (dub)
    13. Matt Head - Thrill Kill (dub)
    14. Matt Head - Skyjacker (Ruff)
    15. Inasekt - Bug Powder (dub)
    16. Warlock - Click Clack (Starksound)
    17. Warlock - Bish Bosh (Starksound)
    18. Sky City Rising - Fever Gasp (Brooklyn Beats)
    19. Kode 9 - Sniper Dub (dub)
    20. Aaron Spectre - Say More Fire (dub)
    21. Protocol X - Screwheads (dub)
    22. Warlock - Window Smasher (Rag & Bone)
    23. Drop The Lime - Come To Life (dub)
    24. Starkey - Let U Go - DTL remix (dub)

check out this one MITA posted slav... I liked
    ubiquitousness is infinite in every reality

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by theledge View Post
    Well to be fair, it seems to me like you have an equally big pro-digital chip on yours?

Reckon there's a sticky for this old topic already though :lol:
    Sorry, your wrong man. I own around 1600 records and counting, im a scratch DJ and i love vinyl, to be honest im just giving planky the rise on this one (trolling my bad i know, i know... )

But he knows what im talking about.

i might run a digital label but the issues i have with vinyl are WAY more to do with the business model its been occupying in the years previous to this and the way they have crushed creativity at the expense of labels looking to fund their next release. By this i mean the more commercial end of the market. Not the good folks willing to put their money where their mouth is, in that respect massplank is 100% right, there are some superb releases on vinyl right now, more than there was before - simply because no-one is willing to risk the cash on hits that MAYBE will work.

thats how i see it anyway, id be interested if anyone else had an opinion contrary to this, genuine. BY heck id love to see it all vinyl again, i honeslty would.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast