Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dub step.

BOA Lifetime Member

Dub step has really took off for me. All im really listening to at the moment. Check the benga essential mix out, guys got some weighty tunes behind him. Also the caspa & rusko fabric cd.

BOA Lifetime Member

I can't get my head round dubstep. Just does nothing for me.
    Might change my mind on it if I hear it live, but the hype surrounding it escapes me.
    There's a couple of killer Vex'd tracks, and a couple from Skream, maybe a couple from Burial... but as a genre I don't really get it.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    I can't get my head round dubstep. Just does nothing for me.
    Might change my mind on it if I hear it live, but the hype surrounding it escapes me.
    There's a couple of killer Vex'd tracks, and a couple from Skream, maybe a couple from Burial... but as a genre I don't really get it.
    To be honest mate I'd rather listen to it at home

That's the problem for me, it doesn't really work live. Unless you're stoned/k'ed out of your head perhaps, it doesn't have the right energy for me.

There is the odd exception, but..........too much hype
    Myspace here

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    @The Mods.

Could we move this thread to the Alternative Forum please?

As it is clearly not appropriate for a Techno Forum. I know the majority of members are in agreement with me aswell.

My bad.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Supreme Freak

@The Mods.

Could we move this thread to the Alternative Forum please?

As it is clearly not appropriate for a Techno Forum. I know the majority of members are in agreement with me aswell.
    once again, the self-declared expert has spoken.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djshiva View Post
    once again, the self-declared expert has spoken.
    thats right mate.

though im pleased to see that people whose opinions i value more than yours detest this excuse for a music style aswell.

It is inevitable.

Easy china! You don't like it, thats cool mate- take it easy though eh! Its a discussion, no ones forcing you into dubstep! I didn't think of putting it in the alternative forum, so if ye want to move it thats cool. But 'Tron, take the sand out of vagina mate! :lol:
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

though im pleased to see that people whose opinions i value more than yours detest this excuse for a music style aswell.
    why would you detest any form of creativity? Personally there is stuff that I've heard people describe as dubstep that doesn't really jive with me, but that said there are also tracks that also people classify into the breakbeat/dubstep bracket that I quite enjoy, sometimes go mad fo'.

I don't see why one must judge dupstep by whole "genre" and not by the music they like which came out outta the bracket that is dubstep. imo it's so new it's not worth judging, call it like it is, say what you like say what you don't and give a reason why. I though this was a music forum? :) details pls

anyways... a friend recommended tracks from this artist http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Shackleton/
    http://www.skulldisco.com/node/143
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 10-03-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: dulio
    ubiquitousness is infinite in every reality

It is inevitable.

Sound mate! checking it out now!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Supreme Freak

thats right mate.

ooooh does it make you feel superior? seems like a lonely existence, sitting on the internets (12,000+ posts, eh?), slagging anything that doesn't fit your tiny tiny vision of what music should be.

i hope it's satisfying, ****ing prick.

it's people like you that ruin music by narrowing the boundaries until the life is ****ing squeezed right out of it.

BOA Lifetime Member

Calvin's trolling you guys good style here

knowing him he's probably never heard a single dubstep track in his life ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

and on the subject of dubstep, doesnt do a thing for me im afraid, i appreciate some of it for its production value's but as a genre i think its massively over hyped, but thats the same with alot of things, and just doesnt hit any buttons for me at all, much the same as drum and bass really

Ultimate Freak

ooooh does it make you feel superior? seems like a lonely existence, sitting on the internets (12,000+ posts, eh?), slagging anything that doesn't fit your tiny tiny vision of what music should be.

it's people like you that ruin music by narrowing the boundaries until the life is ****ing squeezed right out of it.
    :lol: :lol:

Myspace here

Junior Freak

dubstep is good, like some breaks to me. some are shit, some are good. of course there is hype, who cares about hype? i haven't listened to monumental amounts of dubstep but can certainly say it has good points and much potential. One of the only holdbacks i can see is keeping it in its own genre and not developing it the way one should feel it needs to for them, making it UNIQUE.

I have dubstep tunes in my techno sets and it breaks it up very, very well.

And i really like Milanese's sounds.

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    and on the subject of dubstep, doesnt do a thing for me im afraid, i appreciate some of it for its production value's but as a genre i think its massively over hyped, but thats the same with alot of things, and just doesnt hit any buttons for me at all, much the same as drum and bass really
    Thats just it, i missed all the hype. Im in south east Ireland and the only guy I know plays it lives in the same house as me.
    I just got a giggly when i heard it on youtube. its the bass that gets me and that gritty feeling.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

over here things went dubstep crazy, radio 1 jumped all over the dubstep crews and already for me things are too saturated, every man and his dog is into it already. Now apparently there is already something called "Bassline" which is dubstep with 4/4 rhythms or something. I dunno, i really dont keep up to date with the latest trends/names etc i just like what i like

the only dubstep i suppose i listen to is the Voidloss and Villian set, again, mostly for the production values

Junior Freak

Dunno if anyone's posted this already but its quite funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOi-gdL58g

And just to clarify.. yes the people who have a clear vision make great stuff , the people who try and immitate them usually end up sounding like just that.. just to make sure that posting this video isn't seen as a slur on the whole thing.. made me chuckle first time i saw it

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by wrong View Post
    Dunno if anyone's posted this already but its quite funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOi-gdL58g

And just to clarify.. yes the people who have a clear vision make great stuff , the people who try and immitate them usually end up sounding like just that.. just to make sure that posting this video isn't seen as a slur on the whole thing.. made me chuckle first time i saw it

:lol: thats class!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Banned

ad homing it now

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    knowing him he's probably never heard a single dubstep track in his life ;)
    :lol:

Predictions for 2011... Aratron actually listens to some Dubstep and frantically posts about how great this new music is, then asks "Who are Vex'd?"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast