Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default blackout audio party !!!!

AT LAST IT IS HEAR FULL INFO ON THE BLACKOUT AUDIO PARTY !!!!!

ABOUT TIME AFTER ALL THE TALK WE HAD A MEET UP... WHERE BETTER THAN THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT IN MANCHESTER... IT IS IN A VERRY CENTRAL LOCATION FOR TRANSPORT AND HOTELS AND SO ON... ALSO THERE IS A AFTER PARTY TILL 8AM SO PLENTY OF TECHNO FUN !!

THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT & BLACKOUT AUDIO PRESENTS

‘EXPERIMENTS IN SOUND’

Saturday 24th May 2008

@ The Music Box, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 6QF

10pm - 4am

At the turn of the twenty-first century, arising like a phoenix from the ashes of change, a new concept for the future of sound was unleashed in the form of Blackout Audio. Now, eight years on, their originators and collaborators emerge from the depths of creativity to join with the Techno Experiment in a stunning six-hour presentation in the heart of Manchester’s burgeoning club scene. It’s a chance for like-minded warriors, both old and new, to descend from all corners of the globe, sharing thoughts and ideals. Join the insurgence and become a part of the sonic revolution at this un-missable, one-off, ‘Experiment In Sound’.

MAIN ROOM:

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set)

It doesn’t come more experimental than Tony Childs aka The Surgeon. With production and remix credits spanning nearly fifteen years, his releases on labels such as Tresor, Downwards, Counterbalance and even Sheffield’s giant Warp imprint, have shaped music as we know it. His industrial roots have even seen the formation of the infamous British Murder Boys Project with Karl O’Conner (aka Regis). Tonight he takes us through his most defining moments, bombarding us with a barrage of dark, nasty electronics that sound just as good now as they ever did.

Inigo Kennedy Vs Mark EG (Battle Of The Minds)

Asymmetric label owner Inigo Kennedy goes head-to-head with Blackout Audio’s head honcho Mark EG (aka The Anxious) for this pioneering and futuristic battle of twisted, melancholy resonance and punishing, driving rhythm. Although their friendship stems from long before the label’s conception, a shared vision for change means the gloves must finally come off. Prepare for a new beginning, as you’re locked into a dark cycle of perverse, musical experimentation. Electronic warfare at it’s best.

DAVE The Drummer, Jerome Hill & Mucky Beats

Responsible for a jaw-dropping selection of music, Dave The Drummer has produced on labels such as Blackout Audio, Pounding Grooves, Fine Audio, 4x4 as well as his very own Hydraulix imprint. Tonight’s sees him opposite Ugly Funk resident Jerome Hill (Don’t Recordings), who’s maverick style of techno has led to the formation of his own innovative imprint Don’t Recordings. Finally we throw Techno Experiment resident Mucky Beats (Compound/Kick The Drum) into the mix for some demonic off-kilter action.

Oriel & Danny Spilsbury

Manchester’s Female techno-superstar Oriel meets Danny Spilsbury (Damage), as they both crank up the gains to wreak havok on the dancefloor.

Tiptoe & D Jacques

Residents Tiptoe and D Jacques with a back-to-back selection of futuristic mayhem.

ALTERNATIVE ROOM:

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set)
    Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set)
    Furness & Venom - Chibuku
    Maily - Pure Techno
    Just Frank - Techno Elite

+ BOA Forum DJ Competition Winner TBA ... MORE INFO ON THIS SOON!
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

Junior Freak

smashing!

Deceptacon

"AT LAST IT IS HEAR FULL INFO ON THE BLACKOUT AUDIO PARTY !!!!!"

dont wanna piss on your chips mackie but wasnt the party we'd all spoken about was something we'd organise ourselves.. not just tag the name onto a club night that just happens to have a couple of forum regulars playing at it?
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 27-03-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Deceptacon

my bad..

didnt see the "isnt it about time we had a meet up" bit

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    "AT LAST IT IS HEAR FULL INFO ON THE BLACKOUT AUDIO PARTY !!!!!"

dont wanna piss on your chips mackie but wasnt the party we'd all spoken about was something we'd organise ourselves.. not just tag the name onto a club night that just happens to have a couple of forum regulars playing at it?

hey mate this is marks party too... he is gunna do a more in depth post about it i just wanted to get the event up on forum... and we have talked loads about a party and us at the techno experiment and mark and i had pointed out a event was being organized and hear it is ... it is not an a club night with a few forum regulars its a well contructed line up bring in artists from all over techno and at least 7 that use the forum on a regular basis and also 3 that have featured on blackout audio label whitch is the roots of blackout audio. We also have a slot for a member of the forum to win via uploading a mix and all of the boa forum memebers picking the best. Also the main factor is us all meeting and partying in one place as im sure the whole forum would agree its pointless to have little meet ups all over uk as all that will happen is people that already meet up at there local techno clubs meeting up and that happens anyway... this is about us all coming together in one place for a night of the music we love with a selection of djs that fits well with the vast diffrent tastes of this forum.
    Last edited by Mucky Beats; 27-03-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

BOA Lifetime Member

how can surgeon be headlining a blackout audio party??

Looks good though!
    GREYGROUND

Junior Freak

Looks good! May pop down and head back up here, to edinburgh, with jerome for my night but i'll need to wait and see how the promo and finances go!

Junior Freak

infact, have relised i can't because i have a visitor :/

BOA Lifetime Member

oh bank holiday!! IM IN!
    GREYGROUND

the big pork pie

With no disrespect to any of the DJ's / artists, instead of the 'wacky' back to back pairings, I'd rather hear each artist on the bill playing longer sets, instead of shoe horned into the line up as a way of getting more big names on.

BOA Mod

Im there!

the big pork pie

I don't know any DJ who really, honestly enjoys B2B sessions.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    With no disrespect to any of the DJ's / artists, instead of the 'wacky' back to back pairings, I'd rather hear each artist on the bill playing longer sets, instead of shoe horned into the line up as a way of getting more big names on.
    So will DAVE The Drummer, Jerome Hill and Mucky Beats be doing some kind of menage a trois behind the decks, not playing separately?

I'm not a big fan of back to back sets either, unless the two DJs know each other really well and can play off each other properly... otherwise it can sound pretty disjointed

Still... fat line-up. In Manc. On a bank holiday... really can't complain.

Looking forward to it already!

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    I don't know any DJ who really, honestly enjoys B2B sessions.
    i really enjoyed playin b2b on two laptops with ste zoid.. but then it was our own stuff and we probably know each others tastes faily well

drunken b2b vinyl is cool at house parties

BOA Lifetime Member

But the idea is to present something different, no? If you want longer, solo mix sessions, then just go to any random techno club in the UK. You want something different, more experimental, you wanna shake things up a bit, then go to this!

The last one had Beltram on his own, but a concept set - his own classics - just to give it that extra special edge.

This one has Surgeon on his own, but again a concept behind the set, to again make it something special and different.

Maybe you would get better sets if everyone played alone, but the point of this night is to be a break from the norm, something different which you don't just find at every other techno club. I wouldn't want it to be a weekly, or even monthly thing, but as a series of special one-off events, personally I like that idea!

=)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    drunken b2b vinyl is cool at house parties
    im down with that!!! especially when the other dj is palying totally different stuff!! FUN FUN FUN!!
    GREYGROUND

Supreme Freak

Last edited by A.P.; 27-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Of course it had to be afte I'm already gone...dammmit

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

sorry to hear that brad.

this sounds good though, glad it's on a saturday so i'll be there hopefully
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

an Anxious PA would have been nice :upset:
    Numeric