Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default OFFICIAL BOA FORUM PARTY 'Experiments In Sound’ @ The Techno Experiment, Manchester

THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT & BLACKOUT AUDIO PRESENTS

‘EXPERIMENTS IN SOUND’

Saturday 24th May 2008

@ The Music Box, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 6QF

10pm - 4am

At the turn of the twenty-first century, arising like a phoenix from the ashes of change, a new concept for the future of sound was unleashed in the form of Blackout Audio. Now, eight years on, their originators and collaborators emerge from the depths of creativity to join with the Techno Experiment in a stunning six-hour presentation in the heart of Manchester’s burgeoning club scene. It’s a chance for like-minded warriors, both old and new, to descend from all corners of the globe, sharing thoughts and ideals. Join the insurgence and become a part of the sonic revolution at this un-missable, one-off, ‘Experiment In Sound’.

MAIN ROOM:

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set)

It doesn’t come more experimental than Tony Childs aka The Surgeon. With production and remix credits spanning nearly fifteen years, his releases on labels such as Tresor, Downwards, Counterbalance and even Sheffield’s giant Warp imprint, have shaped music as we know it. His industrial roots have even seen the formation of the infamous British Murder Boys Project with Karl O’Conner (aka Regis). Tonight he takes us through his most defining moments, bombarding us with a barrage of dark, nasty electronics that sound just as good now as they ever did.

Inigo Kennedy Vs Mark EG (Battle Of The Minds)

Asymmetric label owner Inigo Kennedy goes head-to-head with Blackout Audio’s head honcho Mark EG (aka The Anxious) for this pioneering and futuristic battle of twisted, melancholy resonance and punishing, driving rhythm. Although their friendship stems from long before the label’s conception, a shared vision for change means the gloves must finally come off. Prepare for a new beginning, as you’re locked into a dark cycle of perverse, musical experimentation. Electronic warfare at it’s best.

DAVE The Drummer, Jerome Hill & Mucky Beats

Responsible for a jaw-dropping selection of music, Dave The Drummer has produced on labels such as Blackout Audio, Pounding Grooves, Fine Audio, 4x4 as well as his very own Hydraulix imprint. Tonight’s sees him opposite Ugly Funk resident Jerome Hill (Don’t Recordings), who’s maverick style of techno has led to the formation of his own innovative imprint Don’t Recordings. Finally we throw Techno Experiment resident Mucky Beats (Compound/Kick The Drum) into the mix for some demonic off-kilter action.

Oriel & Danny Spilsbury

Manchester’s Female techno-superstar Oriel meets Danny Spilsbury (Damage), as they both crank up the gains to wreak havok on the dancefloor.

Tiptoe & D Jacques

Residents Tiptoe and D Jacques with a back-to-back selection of futuristic mayhem.

ALTERNATIVE ROOM:

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set)
    Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set)
    Furness & Venom - Chibuku
    Maily - Pure Techno
    Just Frank - Techno Elite

+ BOA Forum DJ Competition Winner TBA ... MORE INFO ON THIS SOON!

Also after party ... 4am till 8am featuring Inigo Kennedy, Triple B , Motor DJs, Sh!t Step and techno experiment and damage residents

Ultimate Freak

This look's wicked!

Surgeon (Hard Classics Set) - Would love to see him again, especaially playing hard!

Jerome Hill (Mash-up Set) &
    Henry Cullen (Mutate To Survive Live Set) - Would love to hear these!

Cracking line up yet again mackie & Co!
    FiLtH iNfAtUaTeD - BaCk SoOn!

Ultimate Freak

am really looking forwards to dropping some pounders at this!

BOA Lifetime Member

Wicked..
    Hope this will be recorded for all those members who can´t make it to Manchester..
    POLITICALLY INCORRECT AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Administrator

Just wanna say, this is a total pleasure and privilege to present our first BOA party ever - in the eight years we've been running. One of my fave artists The Surgeon, as well as BOA artists Inigo Kennedy and Dave The Drummer plus one of me and Chrissi's best DJ friends Jerome Hill . There's been so much demand over the years to put on a BOA party but we've held off, purely because we needed to find the right place and people to do it with. The Techno Experiment have exactly the right ethos and passion as we do and we sincerely hope all our members and supporters come out for this momentous occasion. We want to do something totally different and completely unique and we think this is the place to do it. I think the line-up shows it too. To all forum members: Come and join the party - meet the ppl you talk to every day and let's get even closer. To all label supporters: Come and enjoy the music for what it is and see a slightly deeper side to our music too.

Can't wait to see you all here. This is gonna be an incredible 'Experiment In Sound' :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Wish I could be there homie...

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    am really looking forwards to dropping some pounders at this!
    So am i.

QTR pounders - i can guarantee i'll get hungry half way through and go looking for Van's of much mankyness.

Ultimate Freak

mate i'll be joining you. we can nip over the road for a burger. I always get hungry by 12!

Ultimate Freak

I might come to this.

But there only seems to be representation of Techno even though the board represents more than this?

Im all up for Techno dont get me wrong, but i would of thought there would be of been a more genre varied line up.

Were is the nearest travel lodge to the venue
    "His Armband Said He was Red
    Torres Torres,!!!
    Youll Never Walk Alone it Said
    Torres Torres!!!
    We bought the lad from sunny Spain,
    He'll get the ball, he'll score again
    Fernando Torres!!!
    LIVERPOOLS NUMBER 9"

Administrator

Blackout Audio is a techno label so I suppose a techno party was the obvious thing to go for. But you're right. The forum itself does represent more than this. I suppose it was either go for a huge party with like 5 rooms or keep it on a more underground scale like this and focus. OK, we'll look to doing a bigger, more varied thing down the line for sure. But for now, honestly, this will be a crackin get together, with some really great music. Screw on ya techno head and get yourself down - you know you want too!!!

Ultimate Freak

You may of just twisted my arm...
    "His Armband Said He was Red
    Torres Torres,!!!
    Youll Never Walk Alone it Said
    Torres Torres!!!
    We bought the lad from sunny Spain,
    He'll get the ball, he'll score again
    Fernando Torres!!!
    LIVERPOOLS NUMBER 9"

SPORTS MODERATOR

get the strippers on an ill be there :cheese:
    UNDERGROUND SOUND

Ultimate Freak

oriel will be stripping during her set so you will be well catered for

SPORTS MODERATOR

oriel i havnt seen photos of so i aint agree'n just yet :lol:
    UNDERGROUND SOUND

Junior Freak

excuse me i have not agreed to this and i will not be stripping during my set thank you very much.

but i'm sure if you ask tiptoe he will happily get his bitch tits out for ya haha

Ultimate Freak

my bitch tits can't compare to oriels i'm arrfaid!

Junior Freak

haha what ever but either way this is purely a techno party not a strip show :techno:

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    mate i'll be joining you. we can nip over the road for a burger. I always get hungry by 12!
    Im there man!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    Im there man!
    you may need to ring ahead, so they can get a bulk order in to cater for you =o
    It's toe tappingly tragic
    www.myspace.com/pure_techno

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by maily View Post
    you may need to ring ahead, so they can get a bulk order in to cater for you =o
    :lol:

Well, at least i dont live in Hull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast