Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Deceptacon

theres no disputing what he has done in the past.. sounds of the ** season have always been enjoyable albums..

but this situation left a bad taste. and there were a few more dublin heads there aswell that you know sunil..

i'll tell you the whole story in person.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil View Post
    Yeah, well I guess you wouldn't.
    One of the scene's biggest DJs coming out and bigging up vinyl is obviously a positive thing for any of us that support it..
    You called people going digital "sheep." Sorry, dude. But, going digital has been the black sheep thing to do for awhile now. I know more people who have stuck with vinyl, rather than go digital, because people like Sven Vath, or others who they idolize, have made some clowny arguments as to why it's better. I personally couldn't care what people prefer. But, when people "speak out" on behalf of vinyl nowadays, it generally just comes down to them saying "I really just think it's cooler" surrounded by a bunch of buzzword or fantasy wankery to justify their position. People go that route and, yeah, I think they're being an ass. Haven't heard anything from Vath to make a call one way or the other though. Hence the hypothetical on how far he took it.

Ok.. you're making loads of sense here?
    No need to explain though, have read enough of your crap for one evening.
    No need to take it personal.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Supreme Freak

dont care either way for sven.. but that 'digital/sheep' comment is pretty dumb.. surgeon a sheep then..

theres an argument that ppl that cant let go of vinyl are stuck in the past.. dead format blah blah blah..

dont matter if its a laptop or a 6 string Eko with a busted neck.. good music is good music.. when the means outweigh the ends, theres summat out of whack.. imo ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Well, if you two people actually tried to analyse what I said originally:

"when most of his peers (and many other sheep) are going digital"

..you might realise that I'm not referring to all people that play music digitally, rather the many people who have merely followed what others are doing, purely because it seems like 'the thing to do'. And there are LOTS of these people. I spoke to a couple of distributors about Vath on 'Slices' and all agreed that it was a positive thing - maybe if some of you worked in this business and realised the positive value of things such as this, you might understand why people like Sven Vath are to be applauded.

Apologies if I didn't make myself fully clear. Anyway, there's a Format Wars - Mp3 vs Vinyl debate thread above if you want to carry it on with someone else.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    theres no disputing what he has done in the past.. sounds of the ** season have always been enjoyable albums..

but this situation left a bad taste. and there were a few more dublin heads there aswell that you know sunil..

i'll tell you the whole story in person.
    Cool, you can fill me in so..
    Was this last weekend by the way?
    Y'know, none of this would ever have happened if you had have stayed and gone to Sibin Festival on Saturday and Surgeon on Sunday, best weekend for techno here in ages!

Deceptacon

nah.. was 3 weeks ago.

week b4 bren cheymera was there.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil View Post
    Well, if you two people actually tried to analyse what I said originally:

"when most of his peers (and many other sheep) are going digital"

sorry man.. i jus dont see what the digital debate has to do with it.. if sven wants to push vinyl, thats great.. dont see why that makes him any better than anyone else..

imo.. its the ppl WHO ACTUALLY BUY THE RECORDS that keep the format alive.. its been a long long time since i stood in a rekkid store deciding if i need the latest Hardgroove.. or some food.. which one will see me thru the next few days til i get some gig money lol

and for the matter... BAAAAAA :D

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by module View Post
    if sven wants to push vinyl, thats great..
    Exactly my point ;)

Anyway, it was only one point of why I think Sven is a good guy. Don't think he deserves a huge diss on this forum, that's all. We can do better than that.
    Most punters/promoters etc. will tell you that the guy is a buzzer and entertainer. Dunno why there has to be so much resentment towards someone who is just out having fun; fair enough if he has done something to someone personally but but that was never the case with anyone here on BOA.

Right, enough of that! :)

Supreme Freak

He's a freak so I love him ;)
    LivePA
    That is all...

Ultimate Freak

had some of my most fun nights out with Sven at Orbit in the 90s where he played anything from ambient, detroit techno & deep house through to purist pounders and the best trance records ever made. Only other place i saw him play was one of the tribal gathering fests but it wasn't the same, no real atmosphere whereas he made the Orbit his own from the second he walked in the venue.

he's a bag of wank these days just like most of the big guns who're earning their retirement funds and i wouldn't go see him play again but i'll always have a soft spot for him for what he did.

i'm not sure his productions were all that though Sunil, he put his name to a few gems but we all know it was his mate Ralf who made the best ones.

Supreme Freak

in seriousness, he has been a solid fixture from waaaaay back & gone thru many many different phases..

i dont dig what he's doing now, but thats subjective.. i admire his stamina though. and if he wants to go do ibiza & wot not, fair do's.. hes been in the game a long long time before most of us :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ds2 View Post
    i'm not sure his productions were all that though Sunil, he put his name to a few gems but we all know it was his mate Ralf who made the best ones.
    Yeah fair enough, without Ralf there would have been none of those records; but without Sven they probably would not have happened either!

Prince Of Warthogs

sod him anyway....

pub anyone?
    love your mum

Junior Freak

I wish superstar DJs would grope me... : (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12