Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Why Sven Väth is great

Some of his past productions are classic.
    He falls into the 'entertaining' DJ bracket better than most.
    He openly speaks out for vinyl (check his 'Slices' DVD appearance) when most of his peers (and many other sheep) are going digital.
    He kinda doesn't give a **** either, which I like..

I don't even follow what he does these days, but I still think he's one of the good guys. In about 1999 I saw him DJ in Dublin, and he was great. There was still a trace of his old trance sound, but it was mainly techno. Four years later in Belgium and he was getting a bit too 'large' for me, but it was still good in its own way.

I've obviously heard mixed reports from people re: his behaviour in clubs, groping of women etc. but the general opinion is that he's just out to have fun and is game for a laugh. There are lots of DJs who you can't say that about. Sven's got the love, we should all give him the love too ;)
    Last edited by Sunil; 07-05-2008 at 12:13 AM.

BOA Mod

yep, sven is still enjoying it, can't blame him for that. i think he's still pushing the new artists and sound through his compilations, label and club, that can't be a bad thing, right...?
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

nothing wrong with an oul' grope!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    nothing wrong with an oul' grope!
    True enough. Although there was when he did it to the wrong chick in Club Mono one time! She wasn't having any of it, and actually ended up getting asked to leave the backstage area after losing the plot with him. The best recent one was last year in Tripod where the screen on the stage was zoomed onto Richie Hawtin playing and in the background you could apparantly see Sven trying it on with one of the PR girls that was working for the venue. She eventually escaped I heard..

Anyway, good old Sven! How can anyone hate on him?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFoaKeETWsI

Ultimate Freak

Dunno how anyone can hate on the guy he's a legend. Even if you don't like what he plays now you have to respect what he has done. No one used to get the orbit going like sven!

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah groping women in clubs is ace, wonder how you'd you'd feel if it was your missus, would you be like 'oh it's just sven, it's all good' then?

he's way past his sell by date
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

"yeah groping women in clubs is ace, wonder how you'd you'd feel if it was your missus, would you be like 'oh it's just sven, it's all good' then"

+1
    Last edited by teknorich; 07-05-2008 at 09:42 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by teknorich View Post
    "yeah groping women in clubs is ace, wonder how you'd you'd feel if it was your missus, would you be like 'oh it's just sven, it's all good' then"

+1
    Come on, we're having a laugh here - obviously no-one thinks that is really cool. If you're not going to have anything good to say about Sven you should leave to the other (negative) thread, and grumble away in there :)

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil View Post
    Come on, we're having a laugh here - obviously no-one thinks that is really cool. If you're not going to have anything good to say about Sven you should leave to the other (negative) thread, and grumble away in there :)
    the other thread is very positive. we are quite positive that he is a cock.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    and so's hawtin :cheese:
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

'We' is it? 'You' more like..
    Piss off back there and try to convince everyone what a dickhead he is then, you won't get very far though :)

Deceptacon

meh.. i know what i saw

BOA Lifetime Member

Hold up. You're a sheep now if you've gone digital? That's some pretty big newspeak. For the longest time, there have been no shortage of sheep who claim "vinyl superiority" because of artist opinions they can cite. If it wasn't for "sheep," vinyl would have been ditched even sooner. :P
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

Default User Name

eh?
    Just responding to the first post. I don't see why his love for vinyl has any baring on him. Depending on how far he takes it, it's more likely to make him an ass. ;)
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil View Post
    Some of his past productions are classic.
    He falls into the 'entertaining' DJ bracket better than most.
    He openly speaks out for vinyl (check his 'Slices' DVD appearance) when most of his peers (and many other sheep) are going digital.
    He kinda doesn't give a **** either, which I like..

I don't even follow what he does these days, but I still think he's one of the good guys. In about 1999 I saw him DJ in Dublin, and he was great. There was still a trace of his old trance sound, but it was mainly techno. Four years later in Belgium and he was getting a bit too 'large' for me, but it was still good in its own way.

I've obviously heard mixed reports from people re: his behaviour in clubs, groping of women etc. but the general opinion is that he's just out to have fun and is game for a laugh. There are lots of DJs who you can't say that about. Sven's got the love, we should all give him the love too ;)
    Like 3d!t or Mr. Rush. Although I did here that back in the day at some tekno party rush took a break mid set to go to jacks, and on the spur of the moment ****ed some guy in the jacks so hard he had to be taken to hospital, for stitches. Rush went on playing away, didnt miss a beat. Very probably a rumour, nice bit of techno mythology though.

So in that sense sven isnt that much fun, all he does is a bit of groping. oooh just got an idea for a thread

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by terence View Post
    ****ed some guy in the jacks so hard he had to be taken to hospital, for stitches. Rush went on playing away, didnt miss a beat. Very probably a rumour, nice bit of techno mythology though.
    not that nice to be honest :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah Vath is a legend, quite hard to slag off a guy who was doing this when alot of us were in nappies, quite literaly. Dont understand the other thread at all really, nor the still omnipresent need to try to belittle other artists who are above and beyond them in all aspects of what they do, because its usually for a reason. The reason here being because Sven Vath is actually alarmingly good at what he does, in a practical and business sense. He's into his 40's, plays the best clubs in the world, with beautiful ladies, no doubt has a beautiful appartment(s) and commands insane money for what he does. Whats to hate on him for?

oh yeah i forgot, because he plays music now that some people dont like

the man got nothing on Fred West when it comes to crime hey

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
    Just responding to the first post. I don't see why his love for vinyl has any baring on him.
    Yeah, well I guess you wouldn't.
    One of the scene's biggest DJs coming out and bigging up vinyl is obviously a positive thing for any of us that support it..

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
    Depending on how far he takes it, it's more likely to make him an ass. ;)
    Ok.. you're making loads of sense here?
    No need to explain though, have read enough of your crap for one evening.

BOA Lifetime Member

meh.. i know what i saw
    Fair enough. I'm not disbelieving the fact that he may have acted the arsehole, but y'know.. he does do that sometimes!
    For me, he's one of those people who you have to put in the "likeable rogue" category..
    He's keeping it real and enjoying it, which is a lot more than can be said about other hangers on of his generation, that probably should have hung up their headphones by now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast