Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    M.O.D.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

It is inevitable.

Haha. They can keep it. It's just plain Gay.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

lol got to love the onion. he didnt do too bad when we had him on loan at goodison, would have liked to have signed him. got a lot of support from blues in merseyside. "usa, usa"
    lol the trance has gone

Junior Freak

americans like soccer? i always heard them say soccer is a girl sport
    Last edited by Elvio Neto; 16-12-2010 at 10:09 AM.

M.O.D.

read the article, worth reading all the way to the bottom ;)
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvio Neto View Post
    its ironic that they say football is a girls sport, when they wear pads to play rugby.

M.O.D.

god, you guys need to read the damned article. :)

BOA Lifetime Member

That website's rubbish and that article's rubbish, and American sports are rubbish.

BOA Lifetime Member

I read the article.

What I get from it is that at least people hate London Donovan now, regard him as a joke. Before, no one even knew who Alexi Lalas was.

The soccer ball is in much better shape then it ever was in the states. I guess its just fun to kick.

M.O.D.

let's see...6 people reply, but only 2 get it. not very good showing, lads.

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    let's see...6 people reply, but only 2 get it. not very good showing, lads.
    probably didnt even click on the link, mention americans and 'our' football and thats enough to get a reaction lol
    lol the trance has gone

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius View Post
    probably didnt even click on the link, mention americans and 'our' football and thats enough to get a reaction lol
    i counted you as one of the 2 who got it lol. i mean goddamn, the article is from the f*cking onion and its making fun of how much less interested in the world cup americans were than our european and south american friends, and particularly english fans. never thought i'd have to explain sarcasm and parody to english people, but i guess they don't teach it in schools over there anymore.

BOA Lifetime Member

I hope you counted me as one of the two who got it, poor example of sarcasm though. I'd be a bit surprised if anyone didn't get it, I thought it was pretty ham fisted.

M.O.D.

sorry will, but you're being held back a year for lack of progress. your parents have already been notified.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvio Neto View Post
    That's one of the reasons I said it was a rubbish site, they lumped in 'soccer' with Ladies sports, thus proving what an inbred redneck they are.

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm not sure which was more fun to read, the thread or the article? Classics, both!
    Head Honcho with the Ladies

SPORTS MODERATOR

i found that american paper said it all after they drew with England,USA win 1-1 ....
    UNDERGROUND SOUND

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius View Post
    that sounds about right. i like the ones who keep going even after they've embarrassed themselves publicly.

BOA Lifetime Member

Soccer in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Television viewership of club and international soccer in the U.S. is at an all-time high, with major sports networks regularly covering games in some fashion and several other channels dedicated mostly or entirely to the sport.
    Until recently, American soccer was more of a regional phenomenon than it is today. Soccer flourished in hotbeds such as New Jersey, Texas, New York, Saint Louis, the Pacific Northwest, Southern California, and in areas with large immigrant populations that grew up with the game in their homelands
    It's a Jersey thing, apparently. :)

Soccer Insider - TV ratings for USA-England World Cup match

Premier League TV Schedule For U.S. Viewers | EPL Talk

Wednesday, February 2:

* 2:45pm: Blackburn v Spurs, ESPN3.com
    * 2:45pm: Blackpool v West Ham, ESPN3.com
    * 3pm: Fulham v Newcastle United, ESPN3.com
    * 3pm: Liverpool v Stoke, Fox Soccer Channel (shown on replay on Fox Soccer Channel at 8pm; also available on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)
    * 3pm: Bolton v Wolves, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on replay on Fox Soccer Plus at 8pm)
    Americans love football.

M.O.D.

yeah that's all true, C.O.

used to be that the only people who watched football were immigrants from latin america, africa and europe, as well as a hardcore set of fans who would seek out european and international matches on satellite at bars. then with the slow decline of baseball outside the northeast, all the news coming out about how dangerous american football is (especially for head trauma), more and more kids started choosing football instead. now those kids are adults or starting to grow up and want to watch professional football. MLS got a big boost from the fairly successful US campaign in the world cup, and even people who never liked football got into it. we now also get a full slate of premiership, serie a and la liga matches on a dedicated, basic cable channel (fox soccer world).

for a football fan, it's a way better environment than it was even 5 years ago. but then again, it's still not as popular as it should be. might unseat ice hockey as the #4 professional team sport in the US in short time, but i have a hard time seeing it compete in terms of popularity with baseball, basketball american football quite yet. part of the problem is that the MLS is a third-rate league trying to transform itself into a second-rate league. getting beckham and henry to play, even in the twilight of their careers, is a plus. but there's a long way to go.
    Last edited by SlavikSvensk; 02-02-2011 at 03:17 AM.