Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Of Warthogs

in a word "no"
    love your mum

Junior Freak

I don't think it's in techno's blood to go backwards, the theme has always been futuristic and always will be (probably).

And if the techno was so good back then why not drop those tunes in ya sets, or get one of ya mates to. It'd be kinda like saying "listen to this, it's 10 years old and still sounds great with all this up-front material".

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    I don't think it's in techno's blood to go backwards, the theme has always been futuristic and always will be (probably).

And if the techno was so good back then why not drop those tunes in ya sets, or get one of ya mates to. It'd be kinda like saying "listen to this, it's 10 years old and still sounds great with all this up-front material".
    I live in the past of techno, still playing almost a 60-70% of old tracks, some of them well know by the most of people involved in techno those days, but also some other less known.
    There is also some good tracks released now in techno for me, with a similar taste to old, but maybe I need to listen thousand records to find them.
    The mix sets using this material liked all people who like techno I think, and most of them are young and they never knew the music or scene in the past. I use this way of playing as distinctive, almost nobody is using music as mine around here and I think this are being well appreciated.

I think the people that is bored with actual techno don't like music/sounds very similar in all the tracks released...maybe producers are going to the easy way.
    Between the mainstream actual techno represented by minimal and schranz I think there is an empty space between that extremes. Some people around here is saying this empty space will be filled with some kind of new detroit techno...

BOA Lifetime Member

will rock music be the same it was in the 70's
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Mod

i've been going through bunch of 2008 tracks these days... kevin saunderson, heiko laux, smith and selway, joris voorn, lutzenkirchen, henry cullen, popof, beyer, renato cohen, jona.. and what can i tell ya.. techno is still doing great, you dont have to play minimal or hard/schranz at all...

like someone said above, if you think something old will fit your set, just play it. lot of great techno records have been made in the past 20 years...
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Ultimate Freak

Will techno ever again be the way it was 8 years ago?

no....

but Techno's golden era is the mid 90s anyway.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Microdot View Post

no....

For me it was 2000 -2005 considering i wasnt listening to techno in the 90's
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Microdot View Post

no....

Agreed, I don't think the key is to jump forward without knowing what's behind you, I think it's knowing what has occured before and moving forward with more training in your arsenal.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    Agreed, I don't think the key is to jump forward without knowing what's behind you, I think it's knowing what has occured before and moving forward with more training in your arsenal.
    no doubt

Junior Freak

Smile

IF and when the disco buscuits get good again 8D

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    IF and when the disco buscuits get good again 8D
    haha this is a very good point.

shit drugs!

Junior Freak

dont look back, the time is now! make the most of it man dont dwell!!!... forwards ever backwards never in the words of skelter!!!

Junior Freak

NO NO NO...

we have had those tracks & sounds & vibes.. lets please move tha hell on & not dwell on yesteryear..

that is NOT what techno is about. move forward. tip your hat to those who have gone before, respect & draw inspiration, but PLEASE.. lets not get into a horrible 'loop' of repeating ourselves..

remember that horrible time of repress ? lets not get into it again..

lets.. push.. things.. FORWARD

Junior Freak

and stop blaming MP3/P2P for the love of all that is kicking..

remember your first spliff ? prob one of the best.. familiarity breeds contempt & as you become more in tune & at ease with something, it becomes harder for it to impress upon you.

techno isnt as fun cos it isnt as new.. stop blaming everyone & anything else & make a change.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    i think there is incredible music still about and its as good (if not better) than the tracks you mention. but the problem, and i hate to say this, lies with the listener.

nobody really wants the music as much as we used to. i used to wait with anticipation for a new stayupforever or bush or brain or whatever. i played it to my m8s who then also wanted it for their collection. these days all the kids download sets from everywhere and they couldnt give a crap about the actual tracks anymore. the only people really into full tracks now are the hardcore fans and djs.

some people will blame the internet, or mp3s or , and this one is the most bizarre, the fact that people use software more these days (still makes me chuckle that one) BUT the simple matter is that music isnt such a big deal to the average 18 yr old as it was to me or my m8s. and until this changes there will be no more HUGE tracks. yes the tracks will still be available but the HUGE aspect can only be gained thru people supporting it, buying it, spending their last pennies on it.

one of the most spot on posts ive ever read on any forum I go on.
    we cared back then. the net has done wonders for some things but in other aspects it has ruined things as well. again, spot on post

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by System 47 View Post
    and stop blaming MP3/P2P for the love of all that is kicking..

remember your first spliff ? prob one of the best.. familiarity breeds contempt & as you become more in tune & at ease with something, it becomes harder for it to impress upon you.

techno isnt as fun cos it isnt as new.. stop blaming everyone & anything else & make a change.
    Too True.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12