Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default mark eg in ibiza

17th sept. just saw your gig diary on facebook and came upon this info. will this be a house set?? can u record it and put it up on the forum mark?? please
    21 minutes to know

Administrator

i'm not sure. knowing ibiza they'll all chant 'mark eg sucks' and the manager will come up and ask what the hell i'm doing hahaha. it's not exactly the techno capital of the world is it heheh. if i manage to play a whole set of techno i'll record the set myself and post it up for ya man :) if not it'll be the old 'play three techno tracks and run' routine eh

Administrator

ps glad you seen that facebook update. i've been working hard on that page and i'm gonna update it monthly with all my gigs - something i've never had the opportunity to do before. if anyone wants to know where i'm playing each month go here and become a ahhhemmmm 'fan' hahahahaha

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-EG/20325273458

BOA Mod

you know, you could put it on myspace too :D

btw its time you go minimal, mark
    i'm sure they'll love you on ibiza then haha
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

The Universe

click 'n' jump style

Ultimate Freak

that'd be wicked if u can do that set up for everyone :) ibiza is a little outa the way for us!!
    21 minutes to know

Junior Freak

Stick to your guns mate & play Techno ;) I'm sure there will be people out who want to hear a full on Techno set instead of boring Minimal
    All u need is a good ear for music!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmode View Post
    Stick to your guns mate & play Techno ;) I'm sure there will be people out who want to hear a full on Techno set instead of boring Minimal
    I agree minimal is very boring and all the songs sound the same.
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Mod

while on the other side, hard techno is so innovative and progressive nowadays... :D

It is inevitable.

Still beats the shit outta minimal and its endless builds that go... NOWHERE! :lol:
    Trendy shite is all that is. Grow a set of bollocks, take of the pink shirt and f*cking have it!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Mod

minimal or hard, half of the records out there (or more) offer nothing new, so i'm off listening to some proper hardcore. now THAT beats the shit outta everything else :P :D

It is inevitable.

hahahaha true say mate! I'm listening to that Calvertron mix at the moment. Some decent tunes in there.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
    while on the other side, hard techno is so innovative and progressive nowadays... :D

not sure about progressive .
    but innovative definetly,
    of course we will have differ opinons on the matter,

where im from waterford ireland , all the music they play is house and minimal and all the minimal djs started off playin house so they mix like its house.you could go from one room where house is playing and one room where minimal and to be honest soundslike its same song.

so yes in my opinion minimal is boring and it al sounds the same.
    most people from ireland like to bouce there bootys to funky hse and minimal (in there pink t-shirts or stripey tops while i personally prefree to take my t-shirt off swing it around my head and shout ****in yes boi!

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Lifetime Member

minimal or hard, half of the records out there (or more) offer nothing new, so i'm off listening to some proper hardcore. now THAT beats the shit outta everything else :P :D
    aright see ur point,

Im autcally gettin as much techno sets from 2000-2005 swedish techno mainly and umek and all that deadly tribely stuff i grew up on. there doesnt seem o be stuff like that any more.

i see a nice flow of hard techno comin out , from the likes ofr natus. kvitta, boris s and the likes

Ultimate Freak

well it's through goodgreef if i remember rightly.ibiza ain't my thing at all tbh, but a great opportunity i feel, to do something a little different. altho if u are hated in ibiza it could be the whole damned if u do, damned if u don't chestnut. acid house i reckon:)
    21 minutes to know

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    aright see ur point,

Im autcally gettin as much techno sets from 2000-2005 swedish techno mainly and umek and all that deadly tribely stuff i grew up on. there doesnt seem o be stuff like that any more.

i see a nice flow of hard techno comin out , from the likes ofr natus. kvitta, boris s and the likes
    on the other hand, i've been bored with all that tribal stuff from the past for quite some time. lot of folks over here is moaning about time when ipanema and remanipulated ruled the dancefloor, but for me, thank god that time is over, we had enough. there's literally hundreds of records from that period, so i really dont understand when some labels today are releasing that same stuff. music has to move on.

natus and the rest of the boys have been active for years, most of them i heard playing live too (boris s "live" - huge dissapointment, natus is good now and he was good back in 2003 when i first saw him), and when i check samples of new stuff, i often get that "every song is the same/i heard this already" feeling. but thats the same in every style i guess. maybe its just me, i always want more and more new music, lol

BOA Lifetime Member

on the other hand, i've been bored with all that tribal stuff from the past for quite some time. lot of folks over here is moaning about time when ipanema and remanipulated ruled the dancefloor, but for me, thank god that time is over, we had enough. there's literally hundreds of records from that period, so i really dont understand when some labels today are releasing that same stuff. music has to move on.

natus and the rest of the boys have been active for years, most of them i heard playing live too (boris s "live" - huge dissapointment, natus is good now and he was good back in 2003 when i first saw him), and when i check samples of new stuff, i often get that "every song is the same/i heard this already" feeling. but thats the same in every style i guess. maybe its just me, i always want more and more new music, lol
    I know what you mean .
    I bought many records over the years , different styles of techno mainly. i have gone from tribal to acid to schranz every possiblilty really , never minimal not my thing.
    I get bored quiet easily of what techno style i want to be mixing or listening too.
    So i just dig in to my record collection and find stuff I bought but basically skipped , but as my taste constanly changes i find some gems that i never listen to before properly.

Im really pleased with the hardcell and Grindvik records I have, Gain edition and other drumcode ones.
    Swedish techno is great love it.
    That live techinques cd is great aswell.

BOA Mod

yup, thats cd is good!