Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Deceptacon

Default $10,000 phono cartridge!!!

Clearaudio Goldfinger Phono Cartridge

You may call us irrespective when we conflict with the commonly accepted laws of audio physics. However, it is based on this kind of research and development that we can offer the ‘Goldfinger’ to you with the awesome, unbelievable dynamic range of 100dB. A radical new design of the magnetic circuit, achieved by doubling the magnets up to eight pieces and by using the most powerful magnet materials currently available, assist us in reaching this new level of standart. This ground-breaking technology is incorporated to a body fashioned from 16 grams of pure gold, carefully polished by the hands of master craftsmen we realised this work of art as a whole masterpiece in technique and linear transparency. Internally, the completely symmetrical generator system is adorned with pure 24ct. gold coils and the new developed 0,00016 grams HD-diamond tip completes ‘Goldfinger’, making it the pinnacle of our achievement.

Clearaudio Goldfinger Phono Cartridge Specifications:
    Total mass: ca. 16 g
    Frequency response: 20Hz – 100 kHz
    Stylus shape: micro HD
    Cantilever: Boron
    Coil assembly: Absolute symmetrical design
    Coil material: Gold 24 Ct
    Compliance: 15/15ì/mN
    Recommended tracking force: 2,8 g
    Crosstalk: > 45dB
    Channel differnce: 0 dB
    Output voltage: 0,8 mV (at 5 cm/sec)
    Coil impedance: 50 Ohm
    Body material: Massive Gold 14Kt.
    Listening to the Goldfinger reminds me of the opening title sequence of the old Outer Limits television show where you are commanded that "...We are controlling transmission. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits..." Likewise, the Goldfinger takes control of the listening session and your musical soul. It is dynamic with in-your-face gusto that grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go. If you want your music polite, then get off the bus now because this ride is not for you. But if transparency, resolution, soundstaging, detail, transient response and the ability to reach the core of the musical soul are important to you... well, then you have arrived. At this price level, there are no excuses. When you aim for the top strata of production cartridges, you better deliver and deliver it all, not just incremental improvement over the competition. No qualifications. That doesn't mean that this cartridge will be the ideal for every vinyl lover on the planet. Rolls Royce, Maybach and Lamborghini are all at the same stratospheric pricing. But for pampering, technology or adrenaline rush, each couldn't be more different. The question for any exotic product is, does it deliver the goods for its intended audience? For me, the Goldfinger with the lofty retail price delivers the goods. Just one drop of the needle and you know that you are in store for something special.

HOLY SHIT!!!!

It is inevitable.

Tiesto will have 12.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Scratching a deffinate no no then?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    Scratching a deffinate no no then?
    Only your head after realising you spent 10 grand on something the size of a ****ing finger end! :D

Junior Freak

i can't imagine the sound quality is worth the extra £9930 but if i was on carl cox's wages i have a couple to go with the gold plated 1210's .


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

this is such a case of the emperors new clothes.

I bet it's shit.