Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

very interesting!
    Techno. Drum and Bass.

BOA Lifetime Member

yep definatly!

BOA Lifetime Member

Sounds cool... Once I get my moving house out of the way I should be back more both here and actually getting tunes done (am moving somewhere with a whole room for my studio at last!!!).

Yeh, I'm interested...
    Pure F*ckin' Noize Terror...

Ultimate Freak

Hello. I don't produce, but I push net audio a lot on my show and I'm a pretty dab hand at Graphic Design and would be happy to help out with artwork and that.
    We are Darkfloor.
    Our record label Darkfloor Sound has now launched, check out DRKFLR001.

We are Mantis Radio - broadcasting Darkfloor electronica since 2007
    Podcast | iTunes

Ultimate Freak

One things a lot of net labels seem to miss is high quality (at least 320kbps MP3s), full print sized artwork (as well as screen sized versions) and mastering.

With these things in place you'll have little trouble (with the music being great of course ;)) being a well respected and excellent net label.

I don't mean that you won't do all these. :)
    Last edited by DVNT; 13-10-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    We are Darkfloor.
    Our record label Darkfloor Sound has now launched, check out DRKFLR001.

We are Mantis Radio - broadcasting Darkfloor electronica since 2007
    Podcast | iTunes

BOA Newbie

i have some tracks that might be worthy of this project

BOA Newbie

This sounds good, ill get involved.

+1 for the name BOA: output

Deceptacon

from steve dirtybass

As it is blackout peeps I would do the mastering for free, although if it does turn out to be a lot of work, I would simply ask for a small amount to pay for the reel to reel tape and dedicate it to BOA use.
    Although I do currently have a reasonable stock of Audio Tape
    a very generous offer i think you'll all agree

Junior Freak

this is a great concept

Supreme Freak

I think some people will have doubts about uploading a link here for anyone to download. If its potentially getting a release then offering it for free download here defeats the object a little surely.
    Someone mentioned a drop box / server. That'd be more appealing I reckon

Deceptacon

its not a potential release at all. its only a free net label. but it doesnt really matter where they're posted as long as they get to jay pace.
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 14-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.

It is inevitable.

I f*cking love the idea. I'm daunted by the amount of talent on this site but not deterred.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Thought the label idea would be as a commercial release..........not to sure about giving away any more FREE trks.

Deceptacon

well its not gonna be commercial. its meant as a promo of what producers on here are capable of. also meant to be a project to try get things kick started again on this forum.

anyway whats the point of going commercial with it? y bring all the messing about with money into it when theres no bloody money to be made in the first place.. then theres the hassle of getting it onto all the download sites etc etc

and also the fact that the BOA name could be attached and its not on to use marks name or connection to this site for commercial purposes - and the whole point is that its about producers on the site.

if anyone doesnt feel like contributing for whatever reason thats there own choice.

Ultimate Freak

True......little money to be made, but id rather have a possible tenner a month than nothing at all........and if this is the case,then why do digi label owners bother setting them up as commercial releases themselves?

The whole idea is great,dont get me wrong.....is a good way of generating intrest and getting the forum back to how it was, but saying that, the past BOA production competition was kinda the same sort of idea, everybody post there submissions, tracks picked, then released..........what happened at the end of that idea?

Like you said, if anybody doesnt wanna submit,then thats up to them........fair dos.

Deceptacon

True......little money to be made, but id rather have a possible tenner a month than nothing at all........and if this is the case,then why do digi label owners bother setting them up as commercial releases themselves?
    a tenner a month? firstly it takes 3 months before the sites will even begin to pay out on releases and then they wont pay out until you've made minimum £50ste on the label cut on that perticular release, which is a very small % of the actual sale price, so the chances of 1 track of a release seeing any money after label costs, mastering etc is slim to nothing unless its a huge seller.

the reason to have a digi label is to get releases out and try get gigs from it

The whole idea is great,dont get me wrong.....is a good way of generating intrest and getting the forum back to how it was, but saying that, the past BOA production competition was kinda the same sort of idea, everybody post there submissions, tracks picked, then released..........what happened at the end of that idea?
    well unfortunatly none of us thought that the submitted tracks were up to release standards or suited the labels. some prizes have been accomadated as best as possible (such as me releasing 2 other tracks from yourself) - others are still in the pipeline and up to the individual label owners to sort out. we actually spoke about this very issue today.

Ultimate Freak

Fair enough

Deceptacon

another thing to think about is that i'll be sending this out to all my label contacts with contact info from artists and hopefully others that have label contacts will be doing the same. the reason being that this could act as a kind of demo nearly and hopefully get some of the artists in touch with the labels or even better, have tracks signed by them.

go over to FOEM forums and have a look at the way they do it. they've had a number of differant artists signed by label on the strength of their compilations.. one that springs to mind is danial melhart (tech-house producer)

Ultimate Freak

I know what your saying B.......Obviously, i know releasing techno is more about trying getting recognized and getting possible gigs, than earning money.
    If i wanna try make money id go and write funky house etc... thats not what im about.........im trying get releases for the same reason yourself....gigs.

Thats why i gave Ante Rasa a trk for free and another 4 trks for an ep on Shadowdistrict, also for free.

Deceptacon

:lol: dude welcome to the nightmare.. im still waiting on money from vinyl releases that came out 2 years ago!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast