Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Dead excited to be involved in this project. There's some amazing talent on these boards, and artists who deserve more exposure.

As for the money side of things - think about what you would get more of a kick out of. Knowing that 000s of people had downloaded your tracks, or getting $3.14 six months later with no way of knowing how many downloads that related to.

Very few people are making money sadly, but this is a great way to get exposure which in turn can lead to opportunities which get you paid. The more visibility and credibility you have the better.

Really, really excited.

It is inevitable.

I don't want money at all. Call me backwards but I want to put music out there to generate gigs, gigs that in the future will potentially pay out.
    If poeple like my music enough to download it, play and give me props Im cool with that.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

If this is for free, may I suggest you release it via podomatic.
    It`s a free system designed for podcasts, but what it does is track the amount of downloads, and where they come from, as well as have a good amount of trafic for promotion.

I was only told about this at the weekend, and I don`t really have time at the mo to check it out fully, but someone should take a look, it might be useful.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

Deceptacon

definitly work looking into. ill check it out, cheers.

Deceptacon

great news on this. someone pretty big has agreed to give us a track to help things along. not gonna say yet until its all 100% but its an amazing boost for the project.

seems like its bringing out some older faces who are willing to help out a bit. much appreciated lads.

on the mastering, we've had to very generous offers from both chris mc cormack and steve db - as they are both a member of the board i would like to involve both if possible.

a few options:

1. we give steve & chris the final list (so they know who's entitled to free or discount mastering) and let people choose by their own preferance

2. we give each alternate compilations

3. we ask one to master the tracks and the other to do the layout editing and other mastering stuff (redbook compliant etc)

anyone else got other options they can think of?
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 16-10-2008 at 09:21 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

I think it would also be worth asking the kind people in charge of the mastering to tell the people participating how the ''raw'' material is supposed to be delivered in terms of volume etc. so they can sprinkle their magic to the fullest.
    Last edited by loopdon; 16-10-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Ultimate Freak

good stuff, this project is sounding better n better ;)

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon View Post
    I think it would also be worth asking the kind people in charge of the mastering to tell the people participating how the ''raw'' material is supposed to be delivered in terms of volume etc. so they can sprinkle their magic to the fullest.
    definitly

Supreme Freak

This is simply the best idea I've heard for a while, it would be safe to have a free boa net label, and it should also help promote the other fledgling blackout inspired net labels!!!

Quality idea baz, you've got my full support.

:clap:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man View Post
    If this is for free, may I suggest you release it via podomatic.
    It`s a free system designed for podcasts, but what it does is track the amount of downloads, and where they come from, as well as have a good amount of trafic for promotion.

I was only told about this at the weekend, and I don`t really have time at the mo to check it out fully, but someone should take a look, it might be useful.
    Gonna check that out in a bit.

Junior Freak

rekon we should get a logo sorted aswell. someone knock up a brief then we can open a new thread for folks to post logos to, then we can vote on it. could do the same for each ep's artwork n stuff, get the community voting on everything. will be good
    christ

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    rekon we should get a logo sorted aswell. someone knock up a brief then we can open a new thread for folks to post logos to, then we can vote on it. could do the same for each ep's artwork n stuff, get the community voting on everything. will be good
    definitly later down the line that is the way to go but in the meantime we'll just get the first 1 or 2 sorted as is. its a bit too quiet to be waiting around for voting.

Supreme Freak
    Around the back of the third moon off Tyrisia

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but along with submitting some tracks sometime, I'd be happy to offer my web design skills to build a site, and/or offer some webhosting and ftp accounts towards the project.

I think this is a great idea and is sorely needed on the board to regenerate the brilliant production section we had a few years ago.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrisia View Post
    Don't know if this has already been mentioned but along with submitting some tracks sometime, I'd be happy to offer my web design skills to build a site, and/or offer some webhosting and ftp accounts towards the project.

I think this is a great idea and is sorely needed on the board to regenerate the brilliant production section we had a few years ago.
    just spoke about this with bloodstar today. i have no idea of that stuff. maybe you could get in touch with bloodstar and 2 of you come up with some ideas?

Administrator

hey guys,

sorry to be a bit late replying to this.

i personally am about to set up boa digital.

but this idea is GREAT. a digital label, especially for the forum.. BRILLIANT.

is boa: output a good name???? i like it. but. can you make a name that represents the forum more?? and seperates it from boa digital a little bit more?

would LOVE also to have rhythmtech as A+R for this.

i'm not sure about the free thing. i'm kinda not really feeling that. everyone needs to be paid slightly, even if it's not alot...

i think we could get this up on beatport or whatever. i could even be able to get it up on the front page, linked to the store.. i would like also to make a deal with the artists we get on it, 50% split. I think this would be totally fair and really cool. i don't think you'd see many labels offering this!!

yeah very happy about this. would love to do it. ps thanks chris for offering your services!

OT: (pps chris thanks so much for your help recently, it's made a massive difference for me. i'll be in touch soon!!!)

BOA Mod

If its going to be paid for it needs to be on a few services. I dont know what mark's thoughts are in terms of subbing the net label under the BOA digital he is planning, but we'd be prepared to do the dirty work in getting it onto itunes and a load of other mad retaillers across the world for nothing.

Just a thought... :)

BOA Lifetime Member

yoyo.

I'm happy to do A&R, but happy to stand down if thats whats wanted.
    No ego here. Excited to be involved, but no hard feelings either way.

Deceptacon

is boa: output a good name???? i like it. but. can you make a name that represents the forum more?? and seperates it from boa digital a little bit more?
    get thinking everyone.

@ mark - do you want us to use the blackout audio name? i cant figure out how we would link the label to the forum without it?

would LOVE also to have rhythmtech as A+R for this.
    not a problem

i'm not sure about the free thing. i'm kinda not really feeling that. everyone needs to be paid slightly, even if it's not alot...

i think we could get this up on beatport or whatever. i could even be able to get it up on the front page, linked to the store.. i would like also to make a deal with the artists we get on it, 50% split. I think this would be totally fair and really cool. i don't think you'd see many labels offering this!!
    well, im perosnally not in a position right now to dedicate my time to looking after the business end BUT if chrisRDR wants to look after it then i dont see it as a problem. i just hope people dont expect to be making too much from it.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    yoyo.

I'm happy to do A&R, but happy to stand down if thats whats wanted.
    No ego here. Excited to be involved, but no hard feelings either way.
    we'll just decide together jay. no point in stepping down at all.

It is inevitable.

I like BOA:OutPut.

You guys are looking for a name that sums you all up and that lends itself to the forum also.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast