Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Deceptacon

Default Plug-in Conspiracy Console series - designed by michael masseberg (SPL)

This is a stereo pair of standard-compliant VU Meters. While most digital audio workstations feature peak metering, the classic VU Meter seems to be almost forgotten. But, in contrast to a peak meter, it has a much longer integration time and can therefore give information on the average levels and long term dynamics rather than just the short peaks.

http://pluginconspiracy.com/plugins/vumeters

The Saturator increases the perceived loudness, warmth and harmonic content of the audio material by applying a smooth non-linear characteristic. It can be used to maximize or inflate a mix or to simply increase the impact and punch of single tracks.

http://pluginconspiracy.com/plugins/saturator

The Console EQ is inspired by the channel equalizers of classic mixing desks. There are three bands with ± 15 dB of gain each. The filters are very smooth and their shapes are highly gain- and frequency-dependent, making this EQ very intuitive and musical.

http://pluginconspiracy.com/plugins/consoleeq

This plug-in shapes transients by continuously comparing several envelope followers with different time constants. What’s special about it is, that all envelope followers work in the logarithmic domain, making the process completely independent of input levels. The process works best on percussive signals.

http://pluginconspiracy.com/plugins/beastbeauty

The Buss Compressor is a modern VCA-type compressor, especially tailored for program material. It features a feedback topology with a soft knee depending on the ratio, making the compression smooth and musical.

http://pluginconspiracy.com/plugins/busscompressor

Demos on site are non-restrictive and the full version requires a small donation.

well worth paying a tenner for!
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 21-10-2008 at 10:21 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Ey the URS stuff was ok.

VU meters, that`s a nice plugin. I`ve been getting back into reading VU`s now my mastering has gone analog.
    Bloody pain in the ass to be honest, but I think a good idea for a plugin.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

Deceptacon

very good idea. all we really see these days are digital meters, people seem to forget the info they can gain from vu's.

ive just tried these out and they seem quite good. my faves are the VU, saturator & transient shaper. to be honest i could live without the eq. doesnt add anything on the SSL models. the compressor isnt bad (not amazing either) a little "floppy" but has a nice tone to it.

as a starter set of plug-ins for someone who doesnt want to spend much these are quality though.
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 21-10-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Supreme Freak

Vu's would be definitely be a nice touch if more people used them instead of full scale digital meters. It would certainly go a little way to getting some dynamics back into things.

Junior Freak

tried to down load ond got error 404 page nnot found - am i doing something wrong.

Deceptacon

site is down at the moment.

Deceptacon

turns out these are from one of the coders from SPL and not URS at all.

Supreme Freak

whats happened to this site, need to check these out.

Deceptacon

the dev never meant for them to be available. took them all down. ive no idea whats going why!

Supreme Freak

bastard, been looking for a cheap saturation plug to add a bit of warmth to stuff.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by p_brane View Post
    bastard, been looking for a cheap saturation plug to add a bit of warmth to stuff.
    ill pm you it later

BOA Lifetime Member

the real SPL plugins:

While SPL’s hardware has been fascinating audio professionals from home studio owners to mastering engineers in the world’s most famous facilities, there has been a continuing and ever growing demand for digital (DAW) users to be able to enjoy this technology.

Now we are proud to announce that our software design team has transferred the features and performance of our analog processors into the digital domain. Using the latest, most powerful methods available for high-precision modeling of our analog circuit designs, SPL has produced results far beyond pure mathematical approaches.

http://www.soundperformancelab.com/?id=331
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Supreme Freak

good man deceptacon :)

Junior Freak

on that matter any chance can you pm me aswell - i would love those plugins too (don't mind giving a donation to the writer)