Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Improved mixing on headphones: READ

This plugin really works as described on the tin and can aid you in getting a better idea of how stuff might sound on speakers when you are producing on headphones:

http://www.112db.com/redline/monitor/

What it does:

Redline Monitor is a listening, mixing, and mastering tool. It replaces the extreme stereo separation characteristic for headphones with the detailed stereo image of near-field monitor speakers, turning headphones into a portable uniform listening environment. Whether in the studio or on the road, on a full-blown studio rig or your notebook, even in home studios and untreated rooms, with Redline Monitor mixes sound identical where ever you go.
    Features:

• True stereo soundstage with adjustable left/right speaker position from 30° to 90°.
    • Transparent sound with flat frequency response (±0.1dB for the entire 10Hz–22kHz range).
    • Separately adjustable phantom-center level from 0dB to -3dB for optimal speaker matching.
    • Distance control from 0m to 2m to simulate placement of near-field monitors in room.
    • Auxiliary left/right solo and phase invert controls for critical listening.
    • Output switchable to mono for mono-compatibility checking.
    • Support for samplerates up to 384kHz.
    • Flexible MIDI learn system.

Loopdon says:

You might want to tun off the 'Distance' feature.
    Last edited by loopdon; 21-02-2009 at 09:21 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

yep, again, the loopdon is the don.
    As long as you have a very decent set of earphones, this plugin is quite exceptional
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

It is inevitable.

good find mate.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Tried this last night.

Really interesting idea, I mix on headphones a lot (grumpy bitch downstairs works nights) and hadn't really thought about how exaggerated the stereo image gets.

great find loopdon

BOA Lifetime Member

best thing do do with this is listen to some well produced music at reasonable volume on your monitors.
    Pay close attention to the mid
    Then plug in your phones and run this plug, adjust the centre gain on the plug accordingly to tune for your headphones.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers