Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Purely speculation, but I think most of the back catalogues will only be available on vinyl, the midi and audio files would probably be long gone, making getting the tracks available to download a real pain in the arse, not to mention poor quality.

Although i could be wrong.
    nah I'm pretty sure all the orignal dat's would be stashed away -maybe not the midi files though..

Junior Freak

Yeah, probably.

Still, it'd be a mission and a half getting everything online.

Better off just picking out the best tunes i reckon.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by lunatrick View Post

I don't understand why the London crew don't just make every tune they've ever done for sale as a download.......if people want it why not? back in the real world the truly collectable is the limited edition copy that has never been played - just like comics etc. If you own the copyright then go for it....it's hard enough to make a living in this business. I've said the same to Steve Smitten in the past.
    I agree, I own 80% of Stay Up, Routemaster, Smitten, Hydraulix, COSHH, Hazchem etc vinyl back catalogue but would shell out straight away for the lot as 320 mp3 or wav. purely to save the hassle of ripping them myself. I cant believe there arent masters for the majority of these tunes lying around somewhere. Theres big money to be made if they were made available digitaly.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

I'm all up for represses. I've got loads of holes in my collection that could be filled quite nicely if lots of labels did this. It's having the tune that matters to me, not it being an original pressing.

Junior Freak

conclusion: represses are only bad if you feel threatened by people owning the songs that you think personify you.

If i could go back in time and get the tunes first time round I would do but I cant and because i ****ing love the tunes I will get hold of them any way i can.

i love techno. i dont really care for egos of people who play someone elses tunes. I plasy a tune, i dont claim it to be mine, but i want it to be heard so it can get known and respected.
    Its all about the ointment......

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by APC View Post
    conclusion: represses are only bad if you feel threatened by people owning the songs that you think personify you.

If i could go back in time and get the tunes first time round I would do but I cant and because i ****ing love the tunes I will get hold of them any way i can.

i love techno. i dont really care for egos of people who play someone elses tunes. I plasy a tune, i dont claim it to be mine, but i want it to be heard so it can get known and respected.
    true words . . .

there's a lot of the routemaster back catalogue that i don't own.

and if gets re-released on vinyl i will buy it, because the old vinyl degrades anyhows.

the only thing i am upset about is that Routemaster is now a closed label. no new releases etc and i find that hard to deal with.

so its just a question of labels re-releasing their old catalogue now and thats your lot for acid techno these days.

great.

i cant stop the eschaton

Supreme Freak

what routes are set for re-release on vinyl

Ultimate Freak

i think some of the customers they will be french guys who used to play the routemaster records like the tribe records, they played most of them on the wrong speed, not just normal 33rpm but on 45rpm
    and THIS thing for me was always nothing more than just profanation
    acid techno profanation, the music i love, my anthems.

and this thing getting me mad a bit

correct me if I am wrong

im not against repress aspect

the good point i see is if someone new on the dancefloor will listen these tracks first time and he or she will be fellin exaclly same things like we felt 10 years ago there is a chance he or she will get acid techno infected

and i keepin my fingers crossed for that
    Last edited by Athar; 08-03-2009 at 02:54 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Athar View Post

the good point i see is if someone new on the dancefloor will listen these tracks first time and he or she will be fellin exaclly same things like we felt 10 years ago there is a chance he or she will get acid techno infected

and i keepin my fingers crossed for that
    i don't really get that point.
    i'm all for todays sounds. not ten years ago.

shit where's Adey when you need him?

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    i don't really get that point.
    i'm all for todays sounds. not ten years ago.

shit where's Adey when you need him?
    but it works mate

last weekend i played acid techno set in sweden
    most of records i played was an old good acid techno include some routemaster tracks and the people really enjoyed the music
    most of them never had occasion to listen acid techno before
    they didnt know it exist

and im sure new people were infected :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Athar View Post
    but it works mate

last weekend i played acid techno set in sweden
    most of records i played was an old good acid techno include some routemaster tracks and the people really enjoyed the music
    most of them never had occasion to listen acid techno before
    they didnt know it exist

and im sure new people were infected :)
    i know wot you mean, and you know what i mean

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    i know wot you mean, and you know what i mean

the big pork pie

Bottom line, all the old Routemaster releases own everything released in the last year or 2.

FACT.

Viva la hardware produced old skool acid.

Junior Freak

nice... i can't stand seeing people putting acid techno on ebay for hugely inflated prices, when none of the profits go to the artist.

Supreme Freak

I missed a few of the old ones so i'm up for it.

aaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd !

BOA Newbie

It can only be a good thing to have some of these tunes put back out there - on the new releases lists and not just on internet buy and sell sites, where you need to know what you're looking for - many a young one who has never heard them will get the acid techno bug.

I'm a big believer in the enduring quality of many of the tunes that came out of this scene/sound/movement and I think that they will stand the test of time - not just to those who heard them first time round, but also to new ears. It's 11+ years since I bought my first acid records (route 20 among them) and they still give me as much pleasure as they always did.

I have since expanded into other diverse areas of music in terms of what I buy, but I will never miss the opportunity to get my hands on some of the classic tunes I missed first time round - Godstopper included!

Love this music and always will.

BOA Newbie

Should say aswell - XP Digiflex is a cracker label. Some great releases by Gelstat, Noisebuilder, Ganez...... Who cares if they are doing it for money - they deserve to for putting some of this stuff out.

Junior Freak

So ... anyone know where the hell this is being sold?

Site says it's out now, but there's no sign of it at any online store I usually use (ie Juno/chemical/bangingtunes).

Found a couple of French records stores, but every one is sold out allready.

:sad panda:
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts - Bertrand Russell.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by pat_mcgerkin View Post
    So ... anyone know where the hell this is being sold?

Site says it's out now, but there's no sign of it at any online store I usually use (ie Juno/chemical/bangingtunes).

Found a couple of French records stores, but every one is sold out allready.

:sad panda:

It should be on Juno i think...they have this label in stock.

Junior Freak

Remaster them and make the artwork generic so that they are fairly different from the originals. At least there's some distinction then.

Tho one has to ask if a certain amount of the Routemaster sound is derived from filthy production that was intentional. I don't think so-called squat rock was ever meant to be crystal clear. I think Lawrie has always been an audiophile, so it occurs to me that his tracks sound just the way he wants them to sound.

I would also pay for WAVs if anyone is listening. Many people play CDs or laptops these days...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast