Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default No new signings for Chelsea till 2011

hahaha!!

Fifa have banned Chelsea from registering any new players in the next two transfer windows.

The world's governing body have handed down the punishment after French clubs Lens made an official complaint over Chelsea's signing of their young player Gael Kakuta in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) has now found in Lens' favour and ruled that the Blues are 'jointly and severally liable'.

As such, the Stamford Bridge club have been banned from signing players over the next two transfer windows, which means they will not be able to bring in any new faces until 2011.

18-year-old Kakuta, a regular in Chelsea's reserve side, has also been banned from playing for the next four months and fined £680,000.

Chelsea are also liable over Kakuta's fine, and they also will have to pay Lens £113,000 in compensation.

A Fifa spokesperson stated: "This decision confirms our aim to ensure contractual stability. It is an important ruling for football in general."

BOA Lifetime Member

I just hope it stands and it doesn't get quashed or reduced on appeal...

BOA Lifetime Member

brilliant

Ultimate Freak

quite right too!!
    I TOLD YOU WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I just hope it stands and it doesn't get quashed or reduced on appeal...
    this
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

it will get reduced when they appeal,probs just be banned for the jan transfer window. which is still good!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie View Post
    it will get reduced when they appeal,probs just be banned for the jan transfer window. which is still good!
    i think if it is quashed then they should be banned for the summer's window, and not the winter one.(Especially as it's a world cup summer)
    To my knowledge, there hasnt been many major signings done during the january window, so to be not alowed to trade during this time, wouldnt be much of a punishment.
    I TOLD YOU WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE!


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

The only thing I find wrong with this, is the lad they tapped up, was only 16 at the time, had to get his parents to sign the consent forms, but he's still be fined 7 hundred grand! (ok, that's **** all to a pro footballer, but it;s still wrong)

BOA Lifetime Member

Is he even on a pro contract yet? Seems excessive for a young unestablished footballer, when big names get away with a lot less.