Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default FIFA Fiddle World Cup Qualification Process

http://bocktherobber.com/2009/10/fif...cation-process

The only link about this story I could find.

Soccer’s governing body this week made a dramatic U-turn and announced that they were introducing a seeding system for the European play offs for the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa.

FIFA will deny it, but their decision to introduce seeding for the play offs is in response to the prospect of a World Cup minus commercial heavyweights Germany, France and Portugal, all of whom have big TV audiences. The trio are not guaranteed outright qualification from their groups.The sponsors are getting nervy, the TV CEOs are on the line.

Germany and France could of course qualify outright, negating the need for any of the above. However, FIFA are making sure that if both countries do get dragged into the play offs along with those filthy little urchins from the rest of Europe that they have the best possible chance getting back out clutching a plane ticket for South Africa.
    It's totally understandable to announce rules like this one before the start of qualification, but it's not ok to do so just before the end. That makes rules useless and open to change at any time. The only FA to protest against this, to my knowledge, is the Irish FA and they have full right to do so cause it's just not fair and it's condescending. We all know what 'seeding system' is a euphemism for.

Football stops being football if it's ruled by TV ratings and sponsors. The people get screwed. Screwed out of the best football, the best games, the best matchups, dramatic finishes and the best team. A seeding system in the qualification playoffs is illogical since all of the teams placed 2nd, they are all equal in that respect. And that's the only respect that should count in regard to qualification.

I think the decision is dubious.
    ubiquitousness is infinite in every reality

BOA Lifetime Member

Totally wrong.

Theyve done this as france portugal and argentina look like finishing in play off places.

The wanna protect the big boys from playing eachother.

Disgrace
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by djfase View Post
    Totally wrong.

Theyve done this as france portugal and argentina look like finishing in play off places.

The wanna protect the big boys from playing eachother.

Disgrace
    Ok, there are many possible reasons for why they have done this.

I understand that Fifa would like to protect teams against playing each other, I just think that if they finished 2nd that they are not really the "big boys" and that they don't deserve any protection. The real "big boys" can take care of themselves, so to speak ;). Anyway I have no problem about Fifa protecting teams with rules, since it has been happening for years, I just think that any rule changes which are made during one competition are ill advise, condescending and unfair.

Anyway, I'm supporting Rep. of Ireland and Bosnia in the WC playoffs and I hope they don't end up playing each other, but now I guess there is no chance of that. My point is that there should be, cause it's a competition to find the worlds best football team.

M.O.D.

if they are seeding the playoffs, why don't they seed the groups?! we (sweden) got stuck in the group of death and are in serious danger of missing the 2nd place cutoff, though we would get at least #2 in every single other group.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

See the qualifying groups by all means, but there should be no seeding during the tournament at all.

Every team for themselves.

And i mean this in the Euros, CL & Europa leagues aswell
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    if they are seeding the playoffs, why don't they seed the groups?! we (sweden) got stuck in the group of death and are in serious danger of missing the 2nd place cutoff, though we would get at least #2 in every single other group.
    I think, if you're talking about the qualifying groups, that they were seeded fo'sho. What do you think of changing rules mid competition?

Quote Originally Posted by djfase View Post
    See the qualifying groups by all means, but there should be no seeding during the tournament at all.

Every team for themselves.

And i mean this in the Euros, CL & Europa leagues aswell
    Agreed. Makes it all the more exciting. Although they will seed the WC draw as always.

BOA Lifetime Member

blatant plot to get all of the big boys over to s.a. i feel sorry for the irish.

Sports Moderator

Complete joke to be honest, Fifa like to take the piss!
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Complete joke to be honest, Fifa like to take the piss!
    Interesting. You reckon fifa's got a sense of humor?

Sports Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.Prodigy View Post
    Interesting. You reckon fifa's got a sense of humor?
    They just like to change the rules when things dont go there way, also the anti English situation with picking on certain club teams.

Ie Eduardo getting slatted for his dive againt Celtic, the guy just had his leg broken in two places the season before, so when when a big guy like Arthur Boric is coming full speed towards you i know i'd get out his way but i wouldn't say it's a dive.
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    They just like to change the rules when things dont go there way
    I've noticed the same thing, and that's something that shouldn't be tolerated. Fifa should represent every team. They have become so transparent.

M.O.D.

I think, if you're talking about the qualifying groups, that they were seeded fo'sho. What do you think of changing rules mid competition?
    maybe you're right, i did find this for 2014

http://www.football-rankings.info/20...r-uefa_21.html
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

as long as the USA, Israel, Germany, Brazil, France get through, they couldn't give a ****. Serbia has qualified so why should you care?

at least FIFA don't grant footballing rights to phoney states like Kosovo, eh C.O?

BOA Lifetime Member

DY, that's the whole point.
    FiFa represents itself as a football governing body but in fact is unveiled as the very poison which is bringing politics into football. Sport and politics do not mix well together and imo shouldn't be associated with each other. By this despicable act of politicizing football FiFa is showing that it doesn't really know footy and worse doesn't care for it. All football teams should get equal treatment so that footballing styles have space to evolve and the fans have the opportunity to see the best, "eco" football.

Changing rules in the middle of the competition seems rather desperate and against the rules. Stand up and be counted, what do you say?

BOA Lifetime Member

DY, that's the whole point.
    FiFa represents itself as a football governing body but in fact is unveiled as the very poison which is bringing politics into football. Sport and politics do not mix well together and imo shouldn't be associated with each other. By this despicable act of politicizing football FiFa is showing that it doesn't really know footy and worse doesn't care for it. All football teams should get equal treatment so that footballing styles have space to evolve and the fans have the opportunity to see the best, "eco" football.

Changing rules in the middle of the competition seems rather desperate and against the rules. Stand up and be counted, what do you say?
    im not sure what your point is, because teams have always been seeded and ranked.

i understand that it's these knock out games that will be done in a seeded way now.

what difference does it make? if a team is good enough to be in the world cup they should be able to field a team which can be competetive against any other team.

all sport is corrupt. like in serbia u have the mafia, in the free west we have the FIA, or IOC, or FIFA. This is just a global franchise in the guise of globalisation but really controlled by a Zionist elite. lIke the UN, EU, USA etc
    It's about as fair and noble as the Miss World competition, for example.

M.O.D.

why would they care if israel gets in? as far as i know, israel has never qualified for the world cup and has such a tiny population that there's no ratings or licensing issue. FIFA could give two sh*ts about a country like that. seriously, guys, it's about money. FIFA wants big and famous footballing countries in because they potentially make big money off of it. they therefore give way more of a sh*t if england gets through, given that english love football and loads of people all over the world buy england jerseys, than, say, the USA, where relatively fewer people care about football, the WC is shown on second rate cable networks, no one buys any jerseys, and has a team full of players no one outside its borders gives a **** about. or bulgaria, where few people live, no tv station can fork over the big bucks for the rights to show the world cup and fewer buy licensed jerseys. etc.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    im not sure what your point is, because teams have always been seeded and ranked.

i understand that it's these knock out games that will be done in a seeded way now.
    For a start of a competition yes but not in the middle of it, at least it should be done in the middle of it.
    For example in 1998 WC in France the 2nd place playoff wasn't seeded and just a regular draw was made which was very fair imo.
    The point is even if the playoffs were supposed to be seeded from the start of qualifying that was not made clear by Fifa, actually they were not supposed to be. So now that they "fiddle" with the seeding of the teams for playoffs, that just makes it pathetic. If they said from the start that they were going to be seeded I wouldn't have brought any of this up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    all sport is corrupt. like in serbia u have the mafia, in the free west we have the FIA, or IOC, or FIFA. This is just a global franchise in the guise of globalisation but really controlled by a Zionist elite. lIke the UN, EU, USA etc
    It's about as fair and noble as the Miss World competition, for example.
    Well that just sucks, and it makes it less football and more political science.

seriously, guys, it's about money.
    Well the World Cup can be bought and that's not really kicking the ball.
    Some filthy money has already gone into this seeding playoffs stuff, I just wanted to point that out.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 15-10-2009 at 09:53 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Judging by this national teams coefficient overview, the teams who made it to the 2nd place playoffs in Europe rank as follows :

1) Russia
    2) France
    3) Portugal
    4) Greece
    5) Ukraine
    6) Rep. Of Ireland
    7) Bosnia and H.
    8) Slovenia

Now if Fifa wants to employ the seeding system I think that the teams should play like they do in the NBA playoffs 1-8 2-7 3-6 and so on, so that would make the possible match ups look like this:

Russia - Slovenia
    France - Bosnia
    Portugal - Ireland
    Greece - Ukraine

I'll be damned to see what matchups fifa comes up with and how they rationalize them. What I proposed in the posts above is that they just do a regular draw(8 balls in one pot) and play football, only since Fifa made the last minute change about seeding.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 15-10-2009 at 12:25 PM.

M.O.D.

Well the World Cup can be bought and that's not really kicking the ball.
    Some filthy money has already gone into this seeding playoffs stuff, I just wanted to point that out.
    for better or for worse, fifa wants all the big guns there--england, france, germany, spain, portugal, italy, argentina and brazil. next they as many of the the medium-sized and the "big but not so rich" markets as possible, e.g. russia, mexico, portugal, netherlands, nigeria, australia, japan, south korea, south africa, etc. then the "potential bonanza, just not there yet" countries like the US, because they want football to be big there, but also know it's possible to wait 4 years to make it happen. don't think they are too bothered about any of the rest.

BOA Lifetime Member

for better or for worse, fifa wants all the big guns there-- don't think they are too bothered about any of the rest.
    You're right. And the tools at Fifa's disposal to achieve said goals are (bookings and red cards, ranking table, referees, phantom penalties, bad offside calls) all of which serve to concoct what Fifa believes to be a draw that the big money spenders are happy with and which they in turn bought.
    Capitalism at it's best and very little to do with football.
    It's highly hypocritical to promote "my game is fair play" at under 17 and under 21 tournaments and yet when those players grow up they find out that it was all make believe and that the spirit of fair play applys only if you pay for it or if it's worth fifa's while.
    In a perfect world, FiFa should stand for footballing excellence and should back those teams which excel in the game.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 16-10-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast