Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Administrator

Default <Soundforge 7.0 Top Tips>

Soundforge is such a great Audio editing program. It's such a great mastering tool too. List your favourtie tips. Mine:

Use the Audio Plugin Chainer. It took me about 3 years for this to sink in (ppl were constantly telling me this and it went over my head). Now I cant do without it.

Ultimate Freak

it's all about the acid looping tools in a highlighted secion

";"
    " ' "
    ":"
    "&lt;"
    ">"

peak and spark have nothing on soundforge!!!!

Supreme Freak

Ive always thought Sound Forge was great, and i still think it is! but after a long chat with a friend ive recently changed to Wavelab...

There seems to be a lot more facilties for mastering your tracks, such as the bi-phase graph, the spectrum meter display.. all which do theyre job really well and proove to be most usefull. Also i dont know if its my ears or not but the general sound quality seems to better in Wavelab... ( I have nothing to back this theory up! just my ears... but im gonna download both manuals and av a look)

What do you guys think?
    high fish | future sound

Junior Freak

hehe, cool i tought everyone was using soundforge, and i was alone using wavelab! i am reassured.

BOA Lifetime Member

Wavelab aswell...

:)

I changed when soundforge lost batch processing!!

One of the things I miss was having all the tools in toolBars!

Z

PS - Mark there should b one of these tips thingy 4 Fruity and wavelab! ;)
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ze MigL
    Wavelab aswell...

:)

I changed when soundforge lost batch processing!!

One of the things I miss was having all the tools in toolBars!

Z

PS - Mark there should b one of these tips thingy 4 Fruity and wavelab! ;)
    you can customize your toolbars in SF, and as for batch processing. sony has a seperate program that does it that i believe is free.

good luck

BOA Lifetime Member

Nah m8 I now feel totaly @ home with wavelab... no point in losing time crossing over again if wavelab does what I need (and u get Batch processing and batch conversion, sample spliting by markers/ noise gate7 time, etc... :) )!

SF is equally great I believe, although I think Wavelab is probably superior when it comes 2 doing a CD project and burning it (in fact u can even use it as an audio suite)... not that I do anyways...
    My only nag about WL is the Short key should b more extensive and easier just like the brother SX.

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

Wavelab when i feel like it (hate the waveform displays)
    Soundforge when i feel like it (crap timestretching)
    I love the little bar and beat division markers (sf) where you can take a loop from a long audio file and half double or shift it around trying perfectly timed loops from anywhere in the file................you know what i mean right?
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN

BOA Newbie

I use SF 7.0 to clean up some samples. Cut some loops i sampled from television, other records or whatever.

I use it to record my DJ sets too.

Learn to use some shortcuts, it really speeds things up.
    Like the up and down arrow for zooming in and out(or the mouse wheel). The spacebar for start/stop. You put a marker down with the letter M on the keyboard.

Ohh and the greatest thing in 7.0 to me is the Analog like VU meter. It really helps me when mastering. By default it's off. To enable it, just right click on the peak meter and select "Show VU/PPM"
    -----------------------------
    web: http://faktorx.port5.com
    -----------------------------

Supreme Freak

Use markers and convert markers to regions, use the erase/delete list thing to make it do all the deletes at once when you are editing things. Dead handy for fixing any dodgy mix cd's and re-editing other tracks.