Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Edit button?

BOA Newbie

Default Edit button?

Ok just wounder if i is any edit botton on this site? hehe spell like a cow :lol:
    And want to add some things to the topic i started

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

no there isnt.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Newbie

Ok, but will the button be added? i know mutch forums like this and the edit button is very good to have ;) just look at this swedish techno forum www.code2.org in the forum then ;)

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

the main reason its not on here and i fully supports mark's thinking on this one is that if you have a little argument with someone, they can then go back and edit previous posts to make it look like your the one that started the argument, or just to make you look foolish. try using the preview post intead to check what you have written is correct, and dont worry about your english, us english people cant always speak it that well either ;)
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Newbie

Hehehe ok gonna keep that in mind then ;)

peace out!

Junior Freak

on the one hand, its good to have an edit button, on the other hand it's not. but well, you can always reply to your own post to clarify things. also check out my signature :)
    where did that edit button go?

Administrator

i just wrote something in the please read forum about this. please check it!

Ultimate Freak

You are unable to 'Edit' on many of the forums on this board. After submitting your reply on many other bulletin boards, you're often allowed to change your responses. And this can make you look good after a heated argument. Thankfully you can't do this here - so please make sure that press 'Preview' before you hit 'Submit' and read your response carefully.
    hmmm, so just incase a small minorety of us cant be trusted to chat maturely the rest of us cant edit our own data :roll:

surely it would make more sence to have a message that cant be removed appear at the bottom of the post saying:
    THIS MESSAGE WAS EDITED BY XXXXX ON MM/HH AT DD/MM/YY

?

at the end of the day its your desision mark, but some of us here (me included) strugle with the written word for one reason or another (ie dislexia) and find we dont pick up on mistakes till long after we make the post.

or maybe someone want to add comments to the foot of a post wich needs to be included with the original post but would get lost in a swamp of replyes if he just replyed afterwards.

or how about if someone starts a topic and is unclear about his original message and people are confused. surely it would make more sence for him to edit the original message so that anyone viewing the thread can see clearly what he ment reather than having to read through xx number of replyed before getting to the revised message?

has there been problems with bickering on this site in the past to warrent this decision?

Ultimate Freak

see, now i've accidently italliced all my message and not i cant change it

BOA Lifetime Member

ekstrom like your sig :lol: