Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Freak

glenn lives in england.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse
    glenn lives in england.
    Correct. Used to be in Sweden, but left and went to the UK. Personally, I would have stayed in Sweden for the women.

Junior Freak

Has anyone heard "AVALON" by HENRIK B on Illogorhythm? Excellent production with intense 'gothic' breakdown. If this is Swedish techno (which I assume it is because I saw Henrik's name mentioned earlier), then I'm a big fan.

Ultimate Freak

It's that "new school" sound of swechno, or at least thats what a lot of people call it. At first I was like, "uh, i dunno." but its grown on me. Pretty cool stuff (avalon).

Ultimate Freak

Avalon sounds very similar to Teorema with a different hook. Actually come to think of it, it sounds like the lead track on years of reflection too.

whatever.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

Yeah I kinda agree on the Teorema thing...similar massive kick drum sound. I kinda dig the old school no-nonsense bassline work he did in the past, but it still pounds on a big system.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    I also find it interesting how a lot of you guys can bash the swedes for "sticking to formulas and being repetitive" when you embrace the Glenn Wilson sound on a daily basis.
    That's what I thought when I read the original few posts, certainly Beyer has his formulas (interestingly - in light of what Mark says - I remember having a debate with him about this a month or so back with regards to Stanny Franssen) but so does Glenn Wilson, who is regularly praised on this board, and rightly so. But I wouldn't say his productions sound radically different to each other, and everytime I put a Wilson tune on the decks in a shop I know what I'm going to hear.

On a different note, I thought Beyer's Truesoul LP was excellent, some very good tunes on there. I'm wondering if people are perhaps a little sceptical because of who's made it - certainly people who I've played it to who have no idea who Adam Beyer is or what else he does have loved it.

Time for that cliche again then - it's all down to personal preference!

Junior Freak

the swedish revolusionised the techno scene round about 95 96 but if you only play swedish techno your set becomes boring if you ask me and that's the problem right now too many dj's playing too specific music....

Ultimate Freak

looks like ive come into this one a bit late...oh well..
    I personally am a big fan o swedish techno, and in my opinion beyer has done loads of diufferent types of stuff, far more than what i have heard of wilson (but i do really like his stuff).
    eg.

last impression
    rippin and dippin
    manipulated remix
    ignition key

just four off the top off my head that are in totally diferent styles and sounds

Does the beloved wilson do this?
    from what ive heard the answer is no... but i am the first to admit i do not know his stuff inside out like some of you lot probably do...

but yeah maybe beyer hasnt been the first to come up with his sounds, but he is a quality producer and i have heard some truly blinding dj sets from him (more in the track choice sense than the raw skill though..)

Genrally though I have a feeling a few of the swedes' hearts arent quite in it as they once were, and perhaps it has been starting to show...

Still, i ****in love em
    jimmah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12