Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by eppertheleper View Post
    Yes, sir.
    yeah, i'd say i wouldn't have missed that for the world, but i'd have trouble missing henry and a. paul too. embarrassment of riches, innit.

you check out dettmann's last album? this ne'er-do-well sure liked it:

Marcel Dettmann -Dettmann - Bleep43 - Electronic music podcasts, parties, writings
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Newbie

that album kills it really great

M.O.D.

ben klock's last album was fantastic too
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Newbie

also his new mix for berghain #004 is really great

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    very badly translated from dutch isn't it ?
    the crowd were really boring I have to say
    in fact they were quite dull everywhere except the hard techno tent I was in.
    or at least so it seemed.
    We were pretty much in the 10 Years of Awakenings tent from 6pm onwards and the crowd was really going for it, especially during Billy Nasty and Ben Sims' sets.

From what I could tell the atmosphere was pretty flat at all the stages that were playing minimal / laidback stuff. A coincidence I'm sure.

Was a great day all round anyway, and that lightshow at the very end at the main stage was very good indeed.

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zykotik View Post
    We were pretty much in the 10 Years of Awakenings tent from 6pm onwards and the crowd was really going for it, especially during Billy Nasty and Ben Sims' sets.

From what I could tell the atmosphere was pretty flat at all the stages that were playing minimal / laidback stuff. A coincidence I'm sure.

Was a great day all round anyway, and that lightshow at the very end at the main stage was very good indeed.
    yeah I could imagine that being cool sims is back on it at the mo.
    hooray for techno then ?
    love your mum

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zykotik View Post
    heh. indeed.

The Demon Beast

Seems like money got thrown under the bus because of his actions, and as 3 world class dj's no one wants to take the rap for trainwrecking, but throwing someone's personal issue into the public realm? That's a fist fight waiting to happen if that was me.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    very badly translated from dutch isn't it ?

I saw them too, I filmed a little myself, I'll put it up later once I've got a min
    the crowd were really boring I have to say
    in fact they were quite dull everywhere except the hard techno tent I was in.
    or at least so it seemed.
    Mills was alright , It was the house areas that were grooving the best really.

I think awakenings were ambitious with a lot of the DJs this time.
    trying to get people to do weird things that weren't tried and tested or very well rehearsed.
    I can see why , but I don't think it works most of the time.

for the Bellevile 3 it was purely a bad sound that drove me away.
    I didn't stay long enough to notice any really bad mixing, but the sound was terrible in that area.
    farting distorted bassbins, Yuk!

It was a bit of a funny one really.
    I had a wicked time , but I wasn't happy about playing live myself.
    I don;t really do that much any more so I\'m much more on the vibe of DJing

they also got all the hard techno guys to play back to back and that was weird for a lot of them too.
    It was OK, nothing terrible, but most people felt they would have rather just played their "normal" sets.

tell you what though
    A.Paul was ****ing brilliant!!!
    EASILY the set of the day for me.

couldnt make it this year but was at AwakeFest the last 2 years. The first year I stayed in Area Z all day some laff , didnt venture further than the drinks stand .

the second year I went straight into the Z area for most of it , I strolled around and checked out a few other places but wasnt feeling the buzz , even notice they had a beach tucked away in the back.

the energy in the hard techno zone is what did it for me. roll on next year ill be happy as fck to stay in Area Z
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Administrator

i am too very shocked that may and saunderson would publicly speak out like this. so much so, i honestly think it's bullshit. you just wouldn't do this. you simply wouldnt! if any of you guys dont doubt these guys professionalism, then I can confirm as someone who has interviewed them all, DJed with them all, that they are defo highly professional!

read that interview again and imagine that the interviewer had a hard time interviewing these guys. imagine that the interviewer is some jumped up ass hole who doesnt understand the way shit works and all three of them didnt want to be interviewed. next thing you know he's making up a huge story.

how do we know he's trustworthy?

ok they might of had a shit set. sound problems anyone? equipment problems anyone?

if none of us were there, how can you comment and pass judgement on people?

bah my 2 cents eh.. ;)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post

read that interview again and imagine that the interviewer had a hard time interviewing these guys. imagine that the interviewer is some jumped up ass hole who doesnt understand the way shit works and all three of them didnt want to be interviewed. next thing you know he's making up a huge story.
    Good point!

Junior Freak

i am too very shocked that may and saunderson would publicly speak out like this. so much so, i honestly think it's bullshit. you just wouldn't do this. you simply wouldnt! if any of you guys dont doubt these guys professionalism, then I can confirm as someone who has interviewed them all, DJed with them all, that they are defo highly professional!

ok they might of had a shit set. sound problems anyone? equipment problems anyone?

bah my 2 cents eh.. ;)
    While it's definitely a shame to bring someone's problems out in the open like this - from my friends account who was there, watching them during the set - Juan was clearly not sober during the set.

My friend watched as Juan frequently would just be staring off in to space - touching the mixer and standing back like he had no idea what he had just done. Wrecking the mix just about everytime he went over to bring something in.

So yeah - I don't think it was sound troubles. Juan was off his nut.
    The Rev
    Ordained in the Ministry of Techno
    www.gothamgrooves.com
    www.myspace.com/therevufi

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev View Post

My friend watched as Juan frequently would just be staring off in to space - touching the mixer and standing back like he had no idea what he had just done. Wrecking the mix just about everytime he went over to bring something in.
    Wow - pretty much my mixing style down to the letter.

Junior Freak

bah my 2 cents eh.. ;)
    As the old saying goes don't believe what you read in interviews as most of them will be misquotes & made up.

Back in the 80's a female interviewer for the Sun made a story up say that the Beastie Boys told some kids in an hospital in the to F Off. She made the story up because she was annoyed that they did not want to be interviewed what was sad about it loads of people believed it!
    All u need is a good ear for music!

BOA Newbie

wow, does no one in europe know that juan atkins has a bit of a (crack) habit???!!? i really didn't think this was news to anyone ...

i was at awakenings and saw the whole thing going down. everytime juan would up the volume on his end, it was pretty much a disaster. perhaps, it was a little less obvious, because there were 2 other people trying to rescue the set constanltly, but he did just simply manage to ruin the whole set. not just once, but over and over again. it was funny cause derrick (always a tad dramatic) looked like he was ready to walk out on the whole thing, kevin had to calm him down, both of them went to the back once for a sec or two when i was there. kevin was trying to tell juan what to do, it seemed or to try keep it together, but juan was just kind of "pretending" he knew what was going on. and yes, he is skinny like an anorexic girl, hiding it somewhat under the sleeveless hoody, but his exposed arms are super thin.

perhaps he's never been a great dj, but now it is just a farce. as a paying customer, i am not happy when a DJ is unprofessional to the extend he was. i can totally understand that derrick and kevin where pissed off, because it is their rep on the line!

i would like to send out some light and love to mr. atkins, bless him for being such a brilliant producer, for giving us the music we love so much, and i hope that he will find a less distructive way of dealing with whatever issues he may have. (like, how about channeling the angst into the music???) i guess he is a tortured soul, and i hope he's not gonna be some crack casualty, well, at least not more then he already seems to be ...

all in all i was NOT impressed with awake fest at all, i expected the sound to be much, much better. (actually it was shit pretty much everywhere i was. well - that's what you get when you set up a dancemusic event with a rock band set up = lame!!!)
    i did however enjoy the X area, sims and oscar mulero brought it! (bass bins farted during sims' set as well, bummer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12