Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    M.O.D.

Default 10 shameful moments in World Cup history

The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

The Maradonna handball really stuck in England's craw. Now I was very young, but I think that it was cheating of course but the referee really didn't see it.

Today one really can't say that, not with Henry's handball, not with the officiating mistakes seen in 2010, because it's 2010 and because of all the technology on offer.
    ubiquitousness is infinite in every reality

M.O.D.

it was. but at least he'll be missing from the semi and they have no chance without him.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by teknorich View Post
    Blatant cheating.

Affirmative.

BOA Lifetime Member

If I was in Suarez position id have done the same. Who wouldnt?

Let it in and be out or handle, get sent off and still have a chance?

Sorry guys but its a no brainer for me
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

BOA Lifetime Member

You're right.

Suarez is that kind of a player. Inzaghi would do the exact same thing, so would Fernando Couto, Heinze, Ashley Cole, Thierry Henry...
    On the other hand, no pun intended, Alan Shearer, Robbie Fowler, Diego Forlan, Zinedine Zidan, Davide Ginola, Eric Cantona wouldn't have done it, imo.

BOA Lifetime Member

Would you rather your country's team went out with dignity, or got through but everyone knew it was undeserved and due to cheating? If Uruguay go on to win the world cup, won't the fact that they would not even have been in the competition if they hadn't cheated cheapen that victory? As C.O says, different people see it differently, but for me it is a no-brainer indeed!
    Last edited by teknorich; 03-07-2010 at 07:51 PM.

M.O.D.

it's hard to imagine he actually thought about it before doing it. i mean come on, it all happened in a split second.

it's frustrating, but you can't say he got away scot-free like henry did. he got a red card, ghana got a penalty. while i hate to see ghana go out on a play like that, at least they got a chance...actually two chances...to win it afterwards. it's not suarez' fault that gyan missed it, nor that uruguay were better in the penalty shootout.

the question is what should happen now. should be be made an example of, and given a longer suspension? this would be less to punish suarez than to make an example of what he did to discourage future reactions like that.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by teknorich View Post
    Would you rather your country's team went out with dignity, or got through but everyone knew it was undeserved and due to cheating?
    Yeah that fact about fair play was lost to Italy when they won it last time around. I have never thought of Italy 06 as my world champions of football.

Anyway, Suarez's skills allowed him to be there to stop two shots when his team needed him the most. I can't speak about whether he should have done it or not but it's not easy to play a striker and be the last man standing between the ball and the goal. He cheated but he showed great skill and tremendous anticipation. The pic above says it all.

Then again it's a terrible message to send out to young footballers across the globe, but it shows knowledge of the rules and how they can be applied in your favor. I didn't like it myself cause I think Ghana would have put up more of a fight in a match against the Netherlands. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    should be be made an example of, and given a longer suspension?
    He will be playing no part in the rest of the tournament. That's what I read.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 03-07-2010 at 08:20 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

It's a shame that this reckless challenge only got a yellow card.
    It looks to me like the attacking player realized what was coming and tried to protect himself by reacting first.
    I have no clue why this isn't a red. It's not the worst challenge but it was blatant, from behind and intentional.

A yellow? Red surely.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 04-07-2010 at 02:05 AM.