Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default Crysonics - sale today 7 plugins for 50 quid

just saw this and parted with cash

HOME :: Crysonic - Latest Professional Audio Plugins VST AU RTAS

I have been ermm borrowing these for a while now, couldn't afford the 700 quid, but at 50 i jumped at it.

if anyone is intrested the ones i use in every project i do;

NewB -- really nice clean bass expander

Extacy -- Harmonic distortiion, kind of like an exciter

Sindo -- stereo widener.
    http://soundcloud.com/xinthians
    http://soundcloud.com/Kurly
    I already know i spell like a 7 year old, there is no need to point it out.

Deceptacon

im sorry to say this curly but i would advise no-one else to buy these plugs. some of the guis cause serious issues and crysonic, while taking money are refusing to answer support requests.

do a google, they've been banned from many forums because of very dodgy business practices.

BOA Lifetime Member

interesting:

Chris White
    commented on Jul 19, 2010

Wow, I am seriously thankful that googling “Crysonic Reviews” showed this warning as one of the top results. After reading your information I searched around some more and found that “Crysonic” is ONE guy claiming to be an entire company of people, by sending emails with different signatures pretending to be different staff members despite always using exactly the same bad grammar and sentence structures and expressions.

I also found screenshots where people had put his plugins through FFT analyzers and saw that stuff like the “bass enhancer” was really just an EQ that increased the volume of the bass band, and it literally did *nothing* else to the audio, it was JUST an EQ but his snake oil marketing bullshit called it a magical “physics based, patent-pending algorithm” (he sure loves the word “patent-pending” considering it’s just a SynthEdit EQ with his own custom-named knobs to hide the fact that it’s just an EQ).

The Crysonic man is a shady liar. I also found out that he runs these “50% off” or “$60 for *everything*” promo deals ALL YEAR ROUND, ALL THE TIME. He does this to lure unsuspecting people like us to think we are getting an amazing deal and impulse buy, while in reality these promos are *always* active.

I also read about those actual C++ plugins you mentioned, as opposed to his SynthEdit crap. It turns out he was panicking a few years back: What happened was that SynthEdit had problems with some audio hosts, and since his plugins were written in SynthEdit he couldn’t fix them since the problem was in SynthEdit itself. So, he boldly overestimated his own abilities to learn C++, DSP and mathematics from scratch, and promised everyone that he would “have his programmers” (aka himself, the SynthEdit-using non-programmer) create native cross-platform versions “within a few months”. Those months turned into a year, which then turned into several years. All the while that this was going on, users kept asking him to explain why he keeps breaking his deadlines and his empty promises, and he kept making up more and more outrageous lies about dead programmers and dead family members and so on “causing all the delays”. Then, finally, after years had passed he had learnt enough C++ and nicked enough publicly available compressor DSP algorithms to release the new C++ native versions. Even his most loyal users left him over these years of deceit, delays, broken deadlines and outrageous lies.

His products are absolute and utter FAKES and not worthy of installation on *ANY* computer. You’re much better off even with the built-in plugins that come with music production programs, since at least with them they actually work and really DO what they CLAIM to do instead of having fake internals (such as his “bass enhancer” which turned out to just be an equalizer).

I am so mad right now that other people have fallen for this and parted with money in return for snake oil, and I only hope everyone continues to Google “crysonic review” and finds this exposé on exactly the type of fraud to avoid. Great work collecting all the information and putting it all in one place!

Crysonic Christmas Specials, 50% off on plug-ins and 60% off on bundles until 18 December, 2009
    Last edited by BloodStar; 22-07-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Supreme Freak

ok. I have to admit this might have been a bad call on my behalf.

I have been using version 2 of these plugings, and tbh i liked them, and use 3 of them im most of my projects. The updates look like totally diffrent versions to me so i cant comment on them myself yet.

I have got to say i would never have paid the £700 for em, but for them ammout i sed the old ones I fell that £50 aint too bad.
    http://soundcloud.com/xinthians
    http://soundcloud.com/Kurly
    I already know i spell like a 7 year old, there is no need to point it out.