Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default Recording DVD audio

Ive got wavelab 6 but im unable to select the right inputs from the prefferences menu to route the dvd into wavelab - any help?

How you's boys do it? Any one got a simple easy way to do this?

BOA Lifetime Member

why dont you do thatt offline with simply extracting whole audio file in sony vegas, nuendo or such?
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by ritaheed View Post
    Ive got wavelab 6 but im unable to select the right inputs from the prefferences menu to route the dvd into wavelab - any help?

How you's boys do it? Any one got a simple easy way to do this?
    as bloodstar said, either extract the audio or record from an external dvd player. all you need to do is import the time selection as a movie file into your sequencer and it will prompt you to import the audio aswell. click yes and you get your audio on a seperate track.

i remember wavelab being able to record soundcard output but dont remember how (not used wavelab in years.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    i remember wavelab being able to record soundcard output but dont remember how (not used wavelab in years.
    i guess this could be done, but only with rerouting the output to some input on soundcard internal mixer. indeed just in case his soundcard internal mixer allows this. i might be wrong indeed :]
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar View Post
    i guess this could be done, but only with rerouting the output to some input on soundcard internal mixer. indeed just in case his soundcard internal mixer allows this. i might be wrong indeed :]
    theres actually a setting in wavelab "record soundcard output". no need to do any routing at all, it will record from any output. i used to record from youtube this way, i just cant remember where it is!

BOA Lifetime Member

^^ nice. you learn something new, everyday. :D

Ultimate Freak

thanks boys, on it now :)