Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    
    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Default I need some laptop speakers, and some cartridges.

Sorry to say, but I've had the same needles on my decks, as the ones which came with them, 10 years ago. (standard stanton things) So I need to sort that situation out. not sure what to get, price range around the 200 mark.

I also need some decent monitors for my laptop, and they need to be able to take a bit of a battering. Again, price range around 200 - 250. Really don't want to spend more than 500 if I can help it, in total.

So, what do i want to get?

It is inevitable.

well for a start I would recommend Ortofon carts and needles. Not too bad price wise and they take a beating. Monitors, Im n ot sure, so let someone chime in on that.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

a bought tapco s8 which where the £200 mark and there sweet as - sister company of mackie - nice all round sound to them, dont think they do the s8 but they've brought out a newer model, would defo recomend for the price

also concorde elektro for yer needles, designed for techno with plenty of bass - think theyve went up in price but defo worth having a look at :)

BOA Lifetime Member

bah,forget concorde. get some shure's instead ;)

i have shure white labels,they are the dogs.



Yeah, I've been recomended some shures, the M44-7 and they're only £109 for a pair. Allegedy some proper hardcore needles. Onto some decent speakers. Might have a little more spare change to play with, now the shures are coming in at a good price.

What do I want to spend my money on?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post
    Yeah, I've been recomended some shures, the M44-7 and they're only £109 for a pair. Allegedy some proper hardcore needles. Onto some decent speakers. Might have a little more spare change to play with, now the shures are coming in at a good price.

What do I want to spend my money on?
    ive had both, the m44-7's and the white labels. both excellent, you cant go wrong with them, particularly just for bedroom use.

regarding laptop speakers, why dont you just buy a badass music system ( which you could with your budget ) and just hook your laptop up to it with a lead??



I guess I could just buy a lead then, and move all my shit into 1 room. (decks are in 1 room, computer shit in another) But that takes effort!! I'm f*cking lazy. I have a little set of missions that can take a beating (and have done) This is do-able.