Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: RIP Aaron Carl.

It is inevitable.

Default RIP Aaron Carl.

Sad times :-\

RA News: Aaron-Carl dies of cancer

Wallshaker Music founder Aaron-Carl Ragland, best known simply as Aaron-Carl, died earlier today of cancer.

The acclaimed Detroit house producer had been very candid about his health over the past few weeks, using various social media channels to keep fans informed. After canceling his European tour, he wrote an entry on his MySpace blog explaining his trials in and out of the hospital. Earlier this week, he posted a video on his homepage discussing his official diagnosis. All the while, he let out a steady stream of Twitter messages and Facebook updates, the last of which read "Finished the bone marrow biopsy. Ouch! Now I'm preparing for the lymph node removal. Surgery, here I come!" The first notice of his death came earlier today when his friend and like-minded artist Piarahna Head wrote on his on Facebook page "Just lost one of his best friends, Aaron-Carl, and my arms are far too short to box with GOD. One of the best Human beings in the WORLD is gone. I have no words. Music is Silence."

Over the course of his nearly two-decade career, Ragland's music saw release on some of house and techno's most respected labels, including Ovum and the Underground Resistance sub-label Soul City. In 2002 he launched his own imprint, Wallshaker Music, which served mainly as a platform for his own soulful house records. Our thoughts are with Ragland's friends and family at this time.
    YouTube - Aaron-Carl NO NO
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

That's the only track of his I knew (Dave Clarke - World Service) but it's a beast. RIP.

Junior Freak

Very sad. great producer. made great gettotech

YouTube - Aaron-Carl "21 Positions" (XXX Mix) - that's him on vocals, ****ing class

YouTube - Aaron Carl - 4 the money

M.O.D.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Junior Freak

RIP
    I aspire to be more creative then the common asshole.

Luke Creed - SoundCloud
    Luke Creed - Myspace
    Luke Creed - Facebook
    Inferno Magazine

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9938_1.gif

Junior Freak

RIP
    We offer Next Generation Producer Services for the next generation digital artist, label, producer and musician.
    http://www.headroomaudioservices.com

Junior Freak

It is very sad indeed he was a really nice guy & a very talented producer

I'm going to write & produce a new track as a tribute to Aaron Carl I will put it up on my soundcloud as a free download when it's finished it's my way of saying thanks to Aaron for supporting & respecting me as an artist
    All u need is a good ear for music!

BOA Lifetime Member

rip
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Ultimate Freak

rip man...glad u had the music in your life

helps
    MY DISCOGS http://www.discogs.com/user/mallam

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS JACK...AND JACK HAD A GROOVE............................................ .................

Ultimate Freak

RIP AC you went too soon