Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Hybrid View

Ultimate Freak

Default USA to UK power adaptor

Just bought a distortion unit from the USA, got it on the cheap so well chuffed

Anyways I aint sure what adaptor to use for the usa plug to the uk power socket

this is the info about the unit

The KV-100 uses a wall transformer that puts out 12 volts AC (not DC). It should have at least 1.5 amps (1500 mA) of current. The plug is a standard 2.1mm barrel plug, the same as you see on most guitar pedals

from this can anyone link me up or at least tell me what adaptor I need. Someone did mention to me that I might need a "step down" adaptor because of the different voltages??

Or could anyone link me up to an actual power adaptor for the unit with the info above??

tbh its all above my head so any help would be hugely appreciated :)
    Last edited by ritaheed; 20-11-2010 at 06:21 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ritaheed View Post
    Just bought a distortion unit from the USA, got it on the cheap so well chuffed

Anyways I aint sure what adaptor to use for the usa plug to the uk power socket

this is the info about the unit

The KV-100 uses a wall transformer that puts out 12 volts AC (not DC). It should have at least 1.5 amps (1500 mA) of current. The plug is a standard 2.1mm barrel plug, the same as you see on most guitar pedals

from this can anyone link me up or at least tell me what adaptor I need. Someone did mention to me that I might need a "step down" adaptor because of the different voltages??

Or could anyone link me up to an actual power adaptor for the unit with the info above??

tbh its all above my head so any help would be hugely appreciated :)
    DSP1273 Shaver/Toothbrush Plug Adapter - 2 Pin Socket: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

you need this.

i have two stanton decks from the usa.

and just plug them into this.

i cant stop the eschaton

It is inevitable.

just do what we do- stick a screw driver in the earth and push the tag down and then slap in the 2 pin to Live and Neutral. Make sure your socket is turned off first. Works fine.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

It is inevitable.

Right just read your post back- we only do this for the Technics 1210's.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

dont think i can chance it with one of these power adaptors, think im going to need a uk power supply that is compatible with the unit

anyone know what one to buy with the info ive given?

honestly not sure! those adaptor things just dont seem safe to me so im currently trying to find uk power supply's for all my other european units

It is inevitable.

i'll have a look around tomorro mate and see what I can find out for you. :-)
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

got one ;) distortion unit coming this wednesday :)