Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

View Poll Results: Who is going to the Superbowl

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers

3 27.27%
  • The New York Jets

1 9.09%
  • The Green Bay Packers

7 63.64%
  • The CHicago Bears

0 0%
  • Man U

3 27.27%
  • The New Zealand All Blacks

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

it's not football

rant over.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    jerry jones. the cowboys have won one playoff game in twenty years mate.

if he is cheating he sure is doing a wank job of it.

the cowboys need to fire the gm in order to become successful again.
    Dude, Jerry Jones is the owner and GM. He would have to fire himself. Not going to happen. His worst mistake was getting in ego battles with Jimmy Johnson and firing him. Fail.
    You burned it, you donkey!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by snooch View Post
    Dude, Jerry Jones is the owner and GM. He would have to fire himself. Not going to happen. His worst mistake was getting in ego battles with Jimmy Johnson and firing him. Fail.
    I guess you didn't get the joke. I was fully aware of who the dallas gm is. A lot of people were saying these things on sports forums so i just try to get a cheap laugh.

Secondly there is a big difference between reading lips, and actually sending someone out to videotape opponent's practice.

M.O.D.

i don't think jerry's GM abilities are the problem...actually the cowboys are pretty consistent in drafting quality guys, many of whom fly under the radar of other teams. sure they make some mistakes (terrell owens), but i think the problem lies elsewhere.

the problem is that jerry can't stand a coach getting too much credit, and likes to micromanage. that's why he prefers yes men like wade philips or dave campo...neither of which were great coaches...over guys who can build winning teams, like jimmie johnson and bill parcells. we'll see with jason garrett, but really dallas will never win until jerry gives his coach autonomy.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

yeah, hence giving up the gm duties mate.

what about the roy williams trade?

or drafting no offensive linemen, and drafting a tight-end when we already had two pretty decent tight-ends last year?

cornerback, secondary, o-linemen, linebacker areas are must adress areas.

jerry's dumbarse himself admitted overestimating his team.

or bringing in pacman?

and he gave parcel plenty of time and years. thankfully parcel's picks blossomed.

M.O.D.

yeah the pacman thing was a joke. TO even worse.

but they also have found some guys that other teams didn't rate, like tony romo, had gotten a lot of production out of them. i think the cowboys still have more talent, year in year out, than most other teams. the problem is they rarely live up to it. that's because jerry can't leave the coach alone.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

btw i'm not a cowboys fan in the slightest. can't stand jerry jones or the fact that they call themselves "america's team." most of america hates them, like the yankees.

sure most of america hates my team too, but we don't pretend to be everyone's favorite haha.

M.O.D.

of course the cowboys have fans everywhere too. i think i read once they have the most fans outside their local area of any NFL team.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    btw i'm not a cowboys fan in the slightest. can't stand jerry jones or the fact that they call themselves "america's team." most of america hates them, like the yankees.

sure most of america hates my team too, but we don't pretend to be everyone's favorite haha.
    you guys were no-one's team.

was one of the top five laughingstocks of the nfl until the 00's and parcell era.

who can forget steve grogan ?

Ultimate Freak

yeah the pacman thing was a joke. TO even worse.

but they also have found some guys that other teams didn't rate, like tony romo, had gotten a lot of production out of them. i think the cowboys still have more talent, year in year out, than most other teams. the problem is they rarely live up to it. that's because jerry can't leave the coach alone.
    T.O. posted excellent numbers the first two seasons, once the cowboys incurred some loses he started to open up his stupid mouth which led to his release.

1.pacman on the other hand was downright stupid.

2.romo was a parcel pick.

3. yes the cowboys are one of the more talented teams in the league. it was jones move not to sack phillips after the giants game blow-out week 5(the alarm bells should've rung after losing to chicago in the first month), and leave things too late.

it is not about leaving the coach alone. jones doesn't call the plays, but he has say on personnel moves including that of hiring idiotic coaches(chan gailey, campo, phillips two seasons too long, picking up horrible players, drafting unnecessary players,etc).

the day jones realizes that the fans blame him, and only him is when he takes notice.

too bad in america people don't have the balls like they do England to blame the owner like they do in england with man u.

instead the blame goes on the coach, players, etc.

here were some of jones' faults this season:

not addressing the line when you cut adams was problem number one.

relying on stupid wade phillips was two.

weak draft except the draft of bryant three.

the weak secondary four.

these all have to do with the owner yet this clown acts like he has done everything to take the team to championship levels when he simply does not understand football and should stay away from football decisions pronto.

i would've love to cowher coach the boys but it won't happen.

i do however think garrett hiring may work out but the team needs serious addressing in key areas.

jones was very very lucky when miami hurricane players fell on his lap thanks to jimmy johnson and the three hall of famer triplets (aikman, irvin, smith) brought him three superbowls.

he is still riding that success to this day.
    Last edited by blistanbul; 22-01-2011 at 07:01 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Jets are awesome this season.

i cant stop the eschaton

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    T.O. posted excellent numbers the first two seasons, once the cowboys incurred some loses he started to open up his stupid mouth which led to his release.

1.pacman on the other hand was downright stupid.

2.romo was a parcel pick.

3. yes the cowboys are one of the more talented teams in the league. it was jones move not to sack phillips after the giants game blow-out week 5(the alarm bells should've rung after losing to chicago in the first month), and leave things too late.

it is not about leaving the coach alone. jones doesn't call the plays, but he has say on personnel moves including that of hiring idiotic coaches(chan gailey, campo, phillips two seasons too long, picking up horrible players, drafting unnecessary players,etc).

the day jones realizes that the fans blame him, and only him is when he takes notice.

too bad in america people don't have the balls like they do England to blame the owner like they do in england with man u.

instead the blame goes on the coach, players, etc.

here were some of jones' faults this season:

not addressing the line when you cut adams was problem number one.

relying on stupid wade phillips was two.

weak draft except the draft of bryant three.

the weak secondary four.

these all have to do with the owner yet this clown acts like he has done everything to take the team to championship levels when he simply does not understand football and should stay away from football decisions pronto.

i would've love to cowher coach the boys but it won't happen.

i do however think garrett hiring may work out but the team needs serious addressing in key areas.

jones was very very lucky when miami hurricane players fell on his lap thanks to jimmy johnson and the three hall of famer triplets (aikman, irvin, smith) brought him three superbowls.

he is still riding that success to this day.
    To be fair, EVERYONE blames Jerry. And yes he does make some bonehead moves. TO might have put up numbers, but it should have been he's a lockerroom cancer. The problem IMO is Jerry's meddling. The coach is never boss of his own team, like Belichick or Tomlin are. And Jerry likes coaches he can boss around, which is another part of the problem.

BOA Lifetime Member

The superbowl is about who's best at football not stealing plays.
    I guess Slavik supporting this doesn't surprise mi because he rationalized the awful umpire call that robbed the pitcher of a perfect game.

The sport in "sport" is gone, only business left, and cheaters. :)

Ultimate Freak

To be fair, EVERYONE blames Jerry. And yes he does make some bonehead moves. TO might have put up numbers, but it should have been he's a lockerroom cancer. The problem IMO is Jerry's meddling. The coach is never boss of his own team, like Belichick or Tomlin are. And Jerry likes coaches he can boss around, which is another part of the problem.
    i am sorry mate lets look at to's numbers:

2006 Dallas Cowboys 85 1180 73.8 13.9 56 13 62 400 152
    2007 Dallas Cowboys 81 1355 90.3 16.7 52 15 69 358 141
    2008 Dallas Cowboys 69 1052 65.8 15.2 75 10 38 291 140

Read more: Terrell Owens - Stats, Bio – Cincinnati Bengals – NFL Football – SI.com

records
    2009 11-5-0 22.6 15.6 0.688 WP TR MB MA W PHI 34-14 L MIN 3-34
    2008 9-7-0 22.6 22.8 0.562 WP TR MB TO
    2007 13-3-0 28.4 20.3 0.813 WP TR MB TO x xxx xxxxx L NYG 17-21
    2006 9-7-0 26.6 21.9 0.563 BP TR JJ TO L SEA 20-21

as you could see to was very productive first two seasons and the last year he became a cancer.

so i don't think he was a bad cop.

Secondly you are absolutely right that jerry doesn't give the total control to his head coach by undermining them in football decisions and making the draft picks which in turn is what a gm does.

so as soon as we have a good gm, a good head coach and an owner who just writes cheques as we will become great again.

that will never happens, because jerry is a power freak.

M.O.D.

the problem with TO is that he will inevitably become a cancer. pacman may be an even bigger fool, but he didn't damage the locker room dynamic like TO. no one really gave a f*ck about pacman. but TO tore that offense in two. sure they got some production out of him--philadelphia and SF got even more--but it was always bound to happen, just like it will happen in cincy if they keep him around long enough. the guy is an internet troll come to life.

as for jerry, i guess my point is that it goes beyond being a GM...he just can't not get involved, and his involvement is usually self-destructive for the team.

Ultimate Freak

to was a great a player, hof, and asshole for life but no one can deny what he did to the cowboys in 07. he was integral part of that and to compare him to pacman is really puzzling mate.

there is no comparison.

one is past his prime but contributed hall of famer while the other had one or two good season and a lowlife.

so even though i hate people like to there is no denying the fact he contributed to our success or even our expection.

i think dallas area fans should boycott jerry i really do.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, but if we boycott Jerry, he takes his shiny new and thoroughly kick ass stadium with him.

M.O.D.

haha. can't boycott the owner, of course. but i think cowboys would be better off if he was more business and less football operations oriented.

comparing pacman to TO is simple: one hurt the team more than the other. doesn't matter if he helped them first...he didn't help them to a super bowl, so his help was limited. his destructive path was not, and the cowboys should have cut him at the first sign of trouble, like the pats did with randy moss. pacman was a distraction but i don't think anyone gave a f*ck in the end. except the media.

BOA Lifetime Member

The Pats did well by dropping Moss after seeing all the turds T.O. laid across the league and will undoubtedly lay where he is. I think Jerry and the Cowboys are like Al Davis and the Raiders in that they like the misfit attitudes and behaviors as long as they win games. Davis tends to like the biker and missing tooth style of asshole where Jones tends to like the bottle service type of asshole. Look at Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders. Both assholes of the highest order, but tolerable because of the sheer talent and game changing abilities that they brought to the table. I think Jerry thought he was getting someone like that but got the talent and the cancer that comes with an asshole like T.O. He's an asshole, but he's not Jerry's type of asshole.

Pacman Jones was doomed from the get go. He was a dumbass thug who had no future. When the Cowboys picked him up from the Titans, his contract was so loaded in the Cowboys favor that it really didn't make sense. The Titans wanted him out of their organization so badly that they were willing to take almost anything. The Cowboys ended up getting the draft picks they gave to the Titans back plus another one. Check his wikipedia page. Slav, I know Jerry Jones didn't give a crap about it because it didn't cost him more than a drop in the barrel and he didn't loose any draft picks. Any publicity is good publicity right? They made it to the playoffs that year if I recall correctly.

Once again, Steelers and the Pack in the 'Bowl with the Steelers taking it.
    Last edited by snooch; 23-01-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Ultimate Freak

i say same match-up but the packers winning it.

and slav to pick-up was decent move, he just didn't work out at the end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast