Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

View Poll Results: Who is going to the Superbowl

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers

3 27.27%
  • The New York Jets

1 9.09%
  • The Green Bay Packers

7 63.64%
  • The CHicago Bears

0 0%
  • Man U

3 27.27%
  • The New Zealand All Blacks

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You have to admit at the very least that some of the team names sound a bit gay. I think I found a picture of the Chicago Bears...
    You burned it, you donkey!

BOA Lifetime Member

The New Zealand All Blacks - I bet they could win the superbowl.

edit: They got as many votes as the Jets, yet are much stronger. :)
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 05-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Ultimate Freak

hehehe.

ok guys the day is nearing by, what do you have planned for the big day?

i have the next day off, with a root canal appointment.

going to get thirty wings, chili fries, and shitt load of import beer.

get in!

also do you guys know trustworthy online betting sites???

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    hehehe.

ok guys the day is nearing by, what do you have planned for the big day?

i have the next day off, with a root canal appointment.

going to get thirty wings, chili fries, and shitt load of import beer.

get in!

also do you guys know trustworthy online betting sites???
    blue square

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

wtf mate?

elaborate?

i have a square, if the packers have 5 and steelers 0 after a quarter, i win 140 dollars.

M.O.D.

It's on at 8am here, so I'll be having some orange juice and cereal.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Funniest thing about NFL and football in europe is that its actually the same sport.

One played with hands, one played with feet. Slightly different rules but the goal is the same, stuff it into the opponents zone and dominate if you can.

Anyone who hates on either sport hates on both imo.

I tend to like them both. :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Doesn't really matter who wins.

Rarely has there been such an even match up in the superbowl.
    Rarely have there been teams that have this much firepower throwing TD's.
    It's going to be high scoring affair which is a a credit to both teams.

It doesn't really matter who wins on sunday, NFL is a sure winner, along with all the football fans, and that's a rarity.

M.O.D.

21-10 packers at the half...looking strong, but steelers got that TD at the end. if they score again quickly it's a game again.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

The Green Bay Packers are threatening to turn Super Bowl XLV into a blowout. ... this one a 21-yard strike to Greg Jennings – giving the Packers a 21-3 lead
    Green Bay controlled the scoreboard and the ball when they wanted to, they displayed a very modern game with intense defense and passing. Worthy champs.

M.O.D.

They were better, and deserve the win. Was glad the Steelers made a game of it though...

Ultimate Freak

no it could've gone either way.

i am glad it went that way.

steelers were shite.

BOA Lifetime Member

Steelers were a half a step behind on most plays, but that half of a half step was just enough for those interceptions and those TD's. Some sweet playcalling and shotgun plays from both QB's and from the GB coach.

GB did nothing special but what they did do they did better, stronger, faster.
    They're younger and hungrier and a bit luckier today but they earned it.

Defensive line doing the business, great protection, Rodgers untroubled whole afternoon.

I'm a Rodgers fan. Did he look cool or what, snapping off those plays.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 07-02-2011 at 08:52 AM.

M.O.D.

Uh, yeah it coulf have gone the other way. Pack up by 6 with 2:10 left, Steelers had managed a TD and 2pt conversion on their last drive, and captained by a QB who has already won 2 tight super bowls. Pack without its star defensive back. How many times have we seen a QB win in this situation? 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2008 come to mind. So it COULD have gone the other way. It just didn't. Pack were better...6 pts better.

M.O.D.

Btw agree on Rodgers, C.O.

Nice to see him pull it off after all the sh*t he had to put up with during the Favre retirement/unretirement saga.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    i hate the steelers and roethlisdouche, but i hate the jets and ryan more, so i'll grudgingly root for the steelers, and then hope they get rodgered by the pack.
    First you're calling him roethlisdouche, and now you arguing that he could have saved them with his 2 minute drill? What's this all about?

aaron rodgers is ridiculous good. the thing is, if he has an off-day, the packers have nothing to fall back on.
    You're calling on packers to have an off day as the only way for the other team to beat them in the final. You knew they were good.

You didn't know they were this good.

The other point is that the superbowl is a show above all, and no show is complete without drama. 21-3 isn't very dramatic. It had to look good is my point. (same game, without an audience and cameras, GB wins by double digits)
    Again saying that, the steelers used all their experience to get back into it but it could not have gone either way. The pack took it away with three answered TD's in the first half.

I didn't like GB players getting injured, I guess it implies bad luck or bad tackles, but I did like how the pack tackled and subsequently got TO's.

They know their football up in Green Bay.
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 07-02-2011 at 11:04 AM.

M.O.D.

You're making some strange arguments there, C.O.

1. I call him Roethlisdouche because he's a jerk and I hate the Steelers, not because he's a bad QB. He's an elite QB who has already won 2 Super Bowls, has like a 15-3 postseason record and an unreal overall winning pct. He's good, and probably Hall of Fame bound. He's just also a douche.

2. I did say Rodgers was amazing, but has off days. He is, and does. Against the Bears, for example. The Steelers are also much better than the Bears, so what I was saying was that he had to play much more like he did against the Eagles to beat them. Thankfully he did, only had 1 off quarter (the 3rd), and was great the rest of the day. Was especially impressive that they won despite losing Woodson (best CB in the league this year) and Driver.

BOA Lifetime Member

Sorry about that. I'm feeling pretty strange.

Yes I agree. 2 players down and still strong enough.
    I should have said that the 6 point margin is misleading because of that reason.

Great football game.

Funny stuff about big ben being a douche. :)
    Last edited by C.O.Prodigy; 07-02-2011 at 11:26 AM.

M.O.D.

I think the Packers are a great team that beat another great team. I thought the scoreboard accurately reflected the difference between them.

CO the injuries are a good topic. I think the uptick in injuries is partially because the season keeps getting longer every few years, partially because doctors are just beginning to realize how dangerous this game is, and partially because improvements in conditioning make the hits ever harder.

Personally, I think the proposed extention to 18 games a season would be disastrous.

BOA Lifetime Member

Personally, I think the proposed extention to 18 games a season would be disastrous.
    The players are ambivalent about this. I have heard grumbles that are kind of quiet. They have to play two additional games in an already long season but they get two extra weeks pay. For someone who makes 2-3 million over 16 weeks, that's a nice chunk of change. It's almost justifiable if they don't think about the wear and tear that a physical sport like this takes on the body. Fatigue will do funny things.
    You burned it, you donkey!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast