Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie Adam

BOA Lifetime Member

not too accurate, as you can't measure importance for the team. i don't think eg totenham is falling down without van der vaart etc, but blackpool without adam yes.

microdot: modric with his 1 goal, 2 assissts and 0 importance for the team? :] no way.... Toure and wilshire = :D
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar View Post
    not too accurate, as you can't measure importance for the team. i don't think eg totenham is falling down without van der vaart etc, but blackpool without adam yes.

microdot: modric with his 1 goal, 2 assissts and 0 importance for the team? :] no way.... Toure and wilshire = :D
    yeah, that's why I don't normally bother with stats when things are plainly obvious without them.
    but, this time, it seems the plainly obvious isn't enough on it's own.

not sure what the stats say about it, but Modric is far superior to Charlie Adam and his performances this season reflect that fact too, no matter what his stats say.
    Wilshire again, far superior to Charlie Adam, in every department.
    Toure is more a grey area but, if I had a choice of which player I'd want at United, it's a no brainer.
    Toure all day long.
    I really could go on listing players (forgot who I put in the original list and can't be bothered to go lok), but I think I've made my point pretty well.

Which was that Charlie Adam isn't even close to being among the top 5 midfielders in the Prem this season.

BOA Lifetime Member

Luka modric with his 1goal, 2assists, simply is not better than anyone with 7 goals and 7 assists. that's simple as 1+1.

Problem with Toure, he's playing at City, so that's honestly not someone i'd like to see at united. Then, his salary will be somewhere around double what you would pay for Adam.

Bale, Sneijder, that probably won't be possible. i would give Adam a chance, indeed if he comes for reasonable price/salary....
    Last edited by BloodStar; 01-03-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar View Post
    Luka modric with his 1goal, 2assists, simply is not better than anyone with 7 goals and 7 assists. that's simple as 1+1.

Problem with Toure, he's playing at City, so that's honestly not someone i'd like to see at united. Then, his salary will be somewhere around double what you would pay for Adam.

Bale, Sneijder, that probably won't be possible. i would give Adam a chance, indeed if he comes for reasonable price/salary....
    Modric's stats won't match up to Adam's because he's a more defensive player. But there's no doubt in my mind, I'd rather have him at Utd than Adam.

Bale would be good cover for Nani and Valencia (If he fully recovers from his leg break), but I can't see him wanting to come to Utd to be 3rd choice for 2 places in the team.
    Such a shame about Valencia because a leg break often takes a yard out of a player's pace when they return and his speed was a big part of his game. It's also no coincidence that Rooney's scoring rate has dropped dramatically since Valencia's injury.
    If he's as good as he was before the injury, he's definitely a better player than Bale. Though Bale has the potential to be just as good, if not better, if he continues to improve at the rate he has done this season.

It's true that Utd are desperate for a good creative central midfielder since Carrick fell to shit but, imo, Adam isn't the man for the job.
    Was hoping it would be Anderson, but he keeps taking 3 steps forwards, 2 steps back. Fergie originally bringing him in as a defensive midfielder hasn't helped his development tbh, but the fact that he's incapable of playing a full 90mins because of his fitness levels is worrying.

The fact that the Glazers are squeezing every penny out of the club in interest payments on the debt they've landed us with means we prob won't be able to replace Scholes any time soon anyway, so it looks like we're stuck with Anders for the foreseeable future.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yes, I agree with your points, even though I still think Adam would be good buy, indeed together with more 1 or 2 players. Strong midfield play is what united lacks at the mo, i would say. And it will be worse next season. If we count some injuries then it might result into disaster...

Anyway, there will be also Totenham and Liverpool hunting Charlie Adam, so it might happen that Modric or Kranjcar will be leaving spurs.

BOA Lifetime Member

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Supposedly a done deal for some time now. As have Ashley Young and Jack Rodwell.
    They can't all be true, but any one of them would be an improvement.

Would rather see Utd sign Modric tbh, but it's not likely to happen.
    Rodwell has alot of potential though, would be a good signing.

If United don't strengthen the midfield in the summer, they'll win nothing next season.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Microdot View Post
    Supposedly a done deal for some time now. As have Ashley Young and Jack Rodwell.
    They can't all be true, but any one of them would be an improvement.

Would rather see Utd sign Modric tbh, but it's not likely to happen.
    Rodwell has alot of potential though, would be a good signing.

If United don't strengthen the midfield in the summer, they'll win nothing next season.
    heard there sigin van der vaart aswell.

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    heard there sigin van der vaart aswell.
    would be an improvement

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Microdot View Post
    would be an improvement
    be nice to see them dump the glazers.

do u like them?

i cant stop the eschaton