Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Techno

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I`m affraid there are some techno snobs on this forum lurkin about. "Funky" techno does tend to be more dancefloor friendly and sometimes crosses over to tech-house. Some people consider music that people actually like and DANCE to, to be below them
    :lol:

Ultimate Freak

you are naive :D death. stop wasting your time. good music comes to people with passion after some time all by itself.
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

Ultimate Freak

this thread has climbed right the way up its own arse
    jimmah!

Supreme Freak

I causes me pain to know that people are wasting their lives isolating themselves behind the proliferation of cheap rubbish. I know I should leave them to it, but just think how much time Addict could save by bypassing tripe like In-Tec and moving straight onto better, dare I say "funkier" things.

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    S'funny, the people who bang on about the 'purists' strangely seem to be the same people who won't open their ears up to anything other than what they're currently into...
    word. I seriously think that most people worthy of the tag "purist" are the very fools who continually wheel the term out in discussions to justify their lack of understanding.

BOA Lifetime Member

"my techno is better than yours, ner ner ner ner ner :love:, it is, my mummy said so"

I think though whole point has been lost.

I causes me pain to know that people are wasting their lives isolating themselves behind the proliferation of cheap rubbish. I know I should leave them to it, but just think how much time Addict could save by bypassing tripe like In-Tec and moving straight onto better, dare I say "funkier" things.
    What purpose does this comment serve. Does this mean everyone should only listen to dark experimental techno all the time, and not anything else?
    Isn`t variety the key, both the light and the dark. I personally like all forms of techno and indeed music, I try to listen to as much as I can, if you only pick one genre to listen to your opinion becomes invalid as you loose a point of reference. And then you become self referential, and anal, which is the downfall of creativity.

Jeeez, the guy only wanted to get some pointers for some clubby, funky techno, for all you know he probably has a huge collection of old experimental industrial music from the late 70`s and early 80`s and is bored of listening to Reeko, surgeon, wunsch and fancied a change.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfish
    this thread has climbed right the way up its own arse
    ...and is licking the insides! :wicked:

I fu*king hate you techno snobs! Techno can be hard, techno can be deep, techno can be funky & techno can be clanking. Check the 4X4 label. It covers it all. Right, point proved me thinks. Now wheres my funky old 2-Unlimited CD gone?...

Supreme Freak

What purpose does this comment serve. Does this mean everyone should only listen to dark experimental techno all the time, and not anything else?
    No, and I can't imagine what thought process led you to this suggestion. Perhaps a lack-of-thought process.

Isn`t variety the key, both the light and the dark. I personally like all forms of techno and indeed music, I try to listen to as much as I can, if you only pick one genre to listen to your opinion becomes invalid as you loose a point of reference. And then you become self referential, and anal, which is the downfall of creativity.
    Agreed, except I don't listen to all music as only a tiny portion of it is worth listening to. That still amounts to more than I could ever listen to within my lifetime, so I'm certainly not going to waste more time than I have to listening to low grade fodder. Neither am I going to encourage others to do so.

Jeeez, the guy only wanted to get some pointers for some clubby, funky techno, for all you know he probably has a huge collection of old experimental industrial music from the late 70`s and early 80`s and is bored of listening to Reeko, surgeon, wunsch and fancied a change.
    Yeah this is a good point. I did make an assumption, but that was based on another assumption, that being that anyone with that experience with music wouldn't waste a second of their life trying to find out about the sort of stuff that Carl Cox plays and would continue to explore more interesting music.

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    I fu*king hate you techno snobs! Techno can be hard, techno can be deep, techno can be funky & techno can be clanking.
    oooh, I hope it doesn't do all of them at the same time, that would be well confusing.

What's a techno snob?

the big pork pie

...a nob with a 's' in front of it.

BOA Lifetime Member

ok, enough, let`s just kiss and make up, although I don`t have any lipstick :love:
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

the big pork pie

Nah, seriously, why did you have to put Addict down for calling it 'funky techno'? If it sounds funky to him, who the fu*k are you to tell him its not? I hear loads of tracks I think sound funky, or hard, and thats how it is to me.

the big pork pie

ok, enough, let`s just kiss and make up, although I don`t have any lipstick :love:
    ...you can borrow mine! :lol:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    Nah, seriously, why did you have to put Addict down for calling it 'funky techno'? If it sounds funky to him, who the fu*k are you to tell him its not? I hear loads of tracks I think sound funky, or hard, and thats how it is to me.
    I didn't put him down. I merely informed him that there is no such genre as funky techno. "Funky" is an adjective.

What's a nob?

the big pork pie

...a snob without an 's' in front of it.

Supreme Freak

Thanks for the info.

Ultimate Freak

[quote="dirty_bass"]"my techno is better than yours, ner ner ner ner ner :love:, it is, my mummy said so"

I think though whole point has been lost.

Your not wrong mate, It's that Hard, Industrial sound that got me into techno in the first place. I've been buying this sort of techno for years just fancied something different for a change and wondered if there were any labels that catered for this sound specifically.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by death on a stick
    What's a techno snob?

YOU ARE!

addict asked a question and you knew perfectly well what he wanted in response. instead of answering the question or just ignoring it you decided to poke fun at the question and its context. if you dont like the stuff that he asked for that is fine. just dont comment on it. if he had asked for some information on detroit techno then the stuff that you suggested would have been relevant. HE DIDNT he asked for 'funky' techno - something which you may not like and that is fair enough - however - systematically ripping the p!ss just makes you sound like you aren't getting any sex (do you D.I.Y. by any chance?)
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by duncandisorderly
    Quote Originally Posted by death on a stick
    What's a techno snob?

YOU ARE!

addict asked a question and you knew perfectly well what he wanted in response. instead of answering the question or just ignoring it you decided to poke fun at the question and its context. if you dont like the stuff that he asked for that is fine. just dont comment on it. if he had asked for some information on detroit techno then the stuff that you suggested would have been relevant. HE DIDNT he asked for 'funky' techno - something which you may not like and that is fair enough - however - systematically ripping the p!ss just makes you sound like you aren't getting any sex (do you D.I.Y. by any chance?)
    what are you on about you? the stuff I listed is far and away funkier than anything else listed on this thread, he asked for funky, I gave him funky. The stuff I listed is not all from Detroit either, neither does it all sound like it's from Detroit. Get a clue, for fuc.ks sake, you're embarrassing yourself.

Junior Freak

i don't think so.

you're the one acting like you got your period.
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

Supreme Freak

I'm fine, cheers, the only bleeding I do is out my rear end after a particularly fiery curry, and believe me the smell of that is funkier than any In-Tec release.

Junior Freak

you want to be careful with that. that fiery curry coming through so close to where your head is. you might get chilli burn on your eyes.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast