Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Funky Techno

Junior Freak

Default Re: I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by stefano1981
    Probably not but you've missed my point. It's a general thing in dance music that no matter how much Group A looks down on another type of music you'll alway find another group that looks down on A's music. Kind of sad, but that's the way it is.
    I know exactly what you're getting at mate, I was merely hinting that it's not ironic at all, as for a start, those kinds of discussions don't even exist on this forum. I saw your post as another way of launching an attack on Death on a Stick, and just think you're wasting your time. ;)

Junior Freak

Default Hmmm..

So what you're saying is that unless a topic has been discussed on this bored it can't be brought into new discussions? I was just making an observation about purists and how futile their view is.

Junior Freak

Default Re: Hmmm..

So what you're saying is that unless a topic has been discussed on this bored it can't be brought into new discussions?

No, not all, I'm just saying that it's not ironic, and it's not funny.

Ultimate Freak

I Can't believe this discussion is still going, and it's decended into pointless bickering at the fact that Death on a Stick is completely taking the mick, and you're all getting so riled about it... do none of you lot have anything better to do, or even have the imagination to talk about something worth talking about? I'm not trying to have a major dig, it's just all a bit pathetic, the last 3 pages of drivel I've read in this thread... Move on, Move on...

Junior Freak

Default Ryan

Well I guess victory is yours. Well done.

the big pork pie

...this threads funny as funk!

Junior Freak

Oooooh, what do I win??

Supreme Freak

Default Re: Hmmm..

I was just making an observation about purists and how futile their view is.
    Allow me to make an observation about you: You are ignorant.

Allow me to ask you a question: What is my favourite type of music?

@ crime...nope, nothing better to do. Not right now, anyway.

the big pork pie

Fergie on Radio 1. Now he's the master of funky techno...

;)

Junior Freak

Now thats what i call techno!! ;) :roll: :lol:

the big pork pie

He's spot on mate! He plays all the latest funky techno from "The greatest funky techno album in the world...ever! part 3"

Junior Freak

Default Prize

Ryan you win a medal. :)

DOAS, it doesn't matter what your favourite type of music is because I bet you I can find a group of people who will treat your music with the contempt you treat 'funky' techno.

Junior Freak

Default Re: Prize

Ryan you win a medal. :)
    Excellent!!!

Admin - can you please pin it to my profile? :lol:

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by Addict
    Has anyone heard Dave the Drummer - Funk Dept - Routemaster 45. What does this come under?
    Also De Novo 001 not sure who its by but this is what I mean.
    Routemaster - London / Acid techno mate.

De Novo 001 - Is a Chris Liberator remix of what ever the trance tune is on the A-side. Quite a good track.

Supreme Freak

Default Re: Prize

DOAS, it doesn't matter what your favourite type of music is because I bet you I can find a group of people who will treat your music with the contempt you treat 'funky' techno.
    OK, thanks, you've confirmed my initial observation.

Could you now address my question, and while you're at it give examples of what loads of the minimal/glitch techno guys say about my favourite type of music? You obviously know the answer to both, you said it was the exact same thing, but I've never come across it myself.

Could you also explain to me how you came upon the notion that I hold funky techno in contempt? Could you perhaps hypothesise as to why I would have recommended multiple examples of music that I hold in contempt?

Think before you type. Or are you in fact someone who talks before they've remembered that they don't actually have the ability to think? Please don't judge me according to your own ignorance.

the big pork pie

*yawn*

Junior Freak

Default Lose the anger, maaaan

Well, I assumed that because you're in the hard techno forum that your pretty big into that style of music. Then I realised that the point I was making didn't really have to rely on any particular type of music at all, so I broadened its scope. Comments I've heard about hard techno from the glitch techno scene about this style include that 'It's lowest common denominator techno', that 'it's mindless noise', that it's 'only for people off their faces on drugs' etc etc ad naseum. I don't agree with those views but you always get wankers like that who piss on other genres like that.

Btw, if you think ad hominum arguments strengthen your case they don't, they make you look like a person who has difficulty engaging in an intelligent debate.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    *yawn*
    innit mate

the big pork pie

...it sure is! i need a cup of tea.

Supreme Freak

Default Re: Lose the anger, maaaan

Btw, if you think ad hominum arguments strengthen your case they don't, they make you look like a person who has difficulty engaging in an intelligent debate.
    Surely an intelligent thing to do in a debate is to pay attention to what people are saying and respond to that, rather than making assumptions and basing your arguments on concocted scenarios that have no relevance? If I've insulted you it's because you made haughty observations about my posts that served only to show that you hadn't understood them.

And yes, I like hard techno, but I'd agree with many that it has far more than it's fair share of "lowest common denominator" content and in some cases the sub-genres are fundamentally crap and devoid of creativity and in fact do seem to serve little purpose beyond soundtracking the drug experiences of frustrated teens.

I don't belong to any one scene. Me being on this forum or that forum displays no commitment or loyalty to one genre or another. I see the good and the bad everywhere and I'll point out both when I see it. It's people who feel the need to identify themselves with one thing in particular that are worthy of the tag "purist" and on this forum especially I'm probably one of the last people you could justify tarring with that brush. Some of the narrow mindedness displayed here regarding variety in music is astounding. As has been observed here already, those who drag the "purist" smear out most often are the exact same people who are most deserving of it themselves.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast