Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supreme Freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aueSqBGMhs

THIS IS A CASE IN POINT. I DID THIS MIX YESTERDAY ONLY TO BE TOLD BY NIGH ON EVERYONE WHO LISTENED THAT THEY WISHED PEOPLE ROCKED IT LIKE THAT THESE DAYS.

MY QUESTION IS - WHAT THE **** IS STOPPING THEM ?

WELL, ASIDE FROM LACK OF TALENT AND BALLS.

I'M NOT WISHING TO SUCK MY OWN COCK HERE BUT I'M RUNNING OUT OF EXAMPLES OF (TO ME) "PROPER" TECHNO. I'VE NEVER CHANGED MY STYLE, I DO ALL KINDS OF MUSIC BUT MY TECHNO HAS ALWAYS ROCKED LIKE THIS. WHY THE **** WOULD I WANT TO LOSE ALL THE MAYHEM AND FILL MY MIXES WITH >NOTHINGNESS< AND THAT ****ING ALL PERVASIVE HISSING NOISE THAT'S ON >EVERYTHING< THESE DAYS ? WELL, UNLESS OF COURSE I WANT TO PLAY AWAKENINGS OR SOME OTHER SUCH SOULLESS MONEY GENERATING SHIT FEST CUSTOM MADE FOR MORONS. "OH, I PLAY RAVES WITH 100,000 PEOPLE" << DOES NO-ONE SPOT THE PROBLEM HERE ?? DOESN'T MATTER, EH, AS LONG AS YOU'RE A "BIG NAME" AND CAN SUCK YOUR OWN COCK IN ENDLESS PRESS RELEASES AND SUCHLIKE. THAT'S WHAT BEING A MUSICIAN IS THESE DAYS, RIGHT ?

I'M CALLING TIME ON THESE STUPID MOTHER****ERS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I REALLY DO LAY THE BLAME SOLELY AT THE DOOR OF "PRODUCERS" JUST TOTALLY ****ING THINGS UP WITH PISS BORING MUSIC THAT GIVES PEOPLE THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT TECHNO. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LAPTOP IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE A DANCE MUSIC PRODUCER. IT MEANS YOU CAN >PRETEND< TO BE ONE, BUT THAT'S DIFFERENT.

ALL I SEE IN "TECHNO" NOWADAYS IS EMULATION, NOT INNOVATION. SAD DAYS AND THE SITUATION HAS NEVER BEEN WORSE. THE ONLY PEOPLE DOING ANYTHING REMOTELY INTERESTING ARE THOSE HIDING IN THE MARGINS.

IT'S SIMPLE, BASICALLY, ANYONE WITH A "PROMO PACK" IS A CUNT.

"OH, BUT YOU'VE GOT TO PROMOTE YOURSELF AS AN ARTIST" HAVE SOME ****ING CLASS FOR ****S SAKES. GOOD MUSIC SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, ALWAYS HAS. NO-ONE NEEDS TO READ A PRESS RELEASE ABOUT WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE OR HOW MUCH OF A COCKSUCKER YOU'VE BEEN IN THE LAST YEAR. SAVE THAT FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED SPOONFED INFORMATION IN ORDER TO ACCEPT/UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. THIS WAS NEVER THE WAY TO TALK TO THE TECHNO AUDIENCE BUT NOW THAT THESE WANKERS HAVE LOWERED THE BAR TO THE EXTENT THAT MORONS CAN NOW APPRECIATE THEIR MUSIC THIS SORT OF SHIT IS IMPORTANT.

"OOH CHECK OUR EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH OUR AMAZING ARTISTS!!" << ****ING KILL YOURSELVES. GO BECOME POP STARS IF ADULATION IS WHAT YOU SEEK. CUNTS.
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

Supreme Freak

Basically, in short, can someone just start ****ing rocking for a change ??
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

Administrator

Love Jamie's passion here. MASSIVE AGREEMENT with loads of this post, but loads I don't. Piss boring music - YES. Lack of talent - YES. It's so damn easy to sit in that studio with a copy of Ableton, bang together a track in 2 days - that only changes slightly every 32 bars. Oh yeah let's stick a break in - that'll sort it.

In fact, every style of music is suffering from this at the moment. Doesn’t even matter if it's techno.

But the real fault here lies with the promoters imho. Afraid to take risks, afraid to jump out of what's 'hot'. And what's 'hot' at the moment is the guy with the best press pic, the guy that is on FB/Twitter most, the guy with the new affiliation with the most 'in fashion' label. It's so XFactor isnt it. The easy option….

That's not saying you cant have a press pack, a nice website, look at least professional. Makes you feel professional. Why the hell not. I'm not messing around with my music so the 'image' of it is kind of important to me….

However, what I don’t agree with (and tbh the point of alot of this post) is that people can't change styles. Oh I must go in that nice little box forever and make only that kind of music. Well I'm sorry. I for one dont wanna do that. F**k you. I never signed up for that. TBH If we wanna get down to business - alot of the 'pure techno' that is talked about in this post is silly, cause pure techno is surely Detroit techno end of?

Which evolved from the 80’s.

Isn't the idea to just follow what you believe in, no matter what the style? And cant that change over time? Or am I missing the point of techno here?

Sure, you might not like Bas Mooy's new style, or anyone's new style for that matter, but you gotta say, well that's their choice. Get over it guys and do your own thing.

When Chrissi and I were making music in 2000 as The Anxious, we lost SERIOUS heart when techno went minimal. But ultimately, it made us change our ways in the studio, not sit in the past. And now, we feel like we have a massive message in our new music. It's not a carbon copy of the old message we had, but it's evolved, improved, futuristic. The point of techno.

We've never EVER sat there painting by numbers when we make techno, taking the easy option. We take up to 2 months doing a single track. That’s why it took 2 years to do our forthcoming album. And we feel massively motivated because of it. Passionate, focused, devoted. ALWAYS. Screw everyone else.

If I'm the only person liking it, I really dont care. **** you.

Surely that's techno?

www.theanxious.net
    Mark Anxious
    Blackout Audio | The Anxious

Junior Freak

The two artists I'm most disappointed in for knocking out boring shit nowadays are definitely Speedy J and Technasia, or technically, Charles Siegling.
    Since Amil Khan left, Siegling seems content with the Minimal route. His DJ sets are piss poor too.

And Speedy J is even worse.
    Changing styles is fine, I get it. No problem with that at all.
    I just can't get my head around someone who has made banging Techno and beautiful electronica to be content with both producing and playing out metronomically boring shit.

This popped up on my SC stream this morning, so I thought I'd give it a chance.
    FFS. Honestly, though, what the ****?

https://soundcloud.com/jochempaap/cl...t-217-speedy-j

Press play, and then skip through every couple of minutes or so at the highest points of the mix.
    You know what I hear?
    Pretty much exactly the same kick sound, and cock all variation, for an hour and ten minutes.

Junior Freak

Oliver Ho springs to mind. He's pushing a minimal sound, although the quality and some of the sounds he uses are still up there. Real shame as he made some of the best and most varied techno around in the late 90's/early 00's.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK ANXIOUS View Post
    , cause pure techno is surely Detroit techno end of?"
    Agree with you on most points, but this is wrong. Techno was developed long before Detroit, I don't give a shit what people say about the Belleville Three, it's complete marketing bullshit on their behalf. There were people creating Electronic stuff along the same lines as we'd call 909 long before the 909 actually existed.

And on the quote of being one tracked, it isn't as bad as it's touted to be, there must be a core of people keeping it true otherwise you'd have it all turn into a munge of shite, which the bandwagon lot are trying aren't they?

The laptop stuff sounds flat IMHO, you've only got to listen to the creators of Ableton, etc. music to see why it's like that. Plus the technology itself is really cheap and nasty, it's pretty much profit over quality these days regardless of how much you pay for it.

And yes, I am an authority on this :D

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post

The laptop stuff sounds flat IMHO, you've only got to listen to the creators of Ableton, etc. music to see why it's like that. Plus the technology itself is really cheap and nasty, it's pretty much profit over quality these days regardless of how much you pay for it.

And yes, I am an authority on this :D
    Must agree, I find a lot of Monolake stuff sounds thin and digitized. Too much white noise

BOA Lifetime Member

what ever happened to dave the drummer?

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    what ever happened to dave the drummer?
    he feels gutted he didn't produce the new daft punk album.

BOA Lifetime Member

I like his sets that he has lately but I do miss the energy from the older stuff, That daft punk album is horrible :-(
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Ultimate Freak

get your ears sorted mate.

it is a very good album.

within and the strokes collaborations are ace..

i don't think you gave it a fair shot or listened to the whole album properly.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    Agree with you on most points, but this is wrong. Techno was developed long before Detroit, I don't give a shit what people say about the Belleville Three, it's complete marketing bullshit on their behalf. There were people creating Electronic stuff along the same lines as we'd call 909 long before the 909 actually existed.
    '

interesting post.

can you name some artists who you feel did that?

probably kraftwerk being one.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    '

interesting post.

can you name some artists who you feel did that?

probably kraftwerk being one.
    This drum machine existed commercially in the 1950s for a start;
    www.youtube.com/v/QLgyQG8Pu8s

YMO were using the term Techno in the 70s, hence Technopolis (I'm sure they're not the first)

Various synthesis pioneers like Raymond Scott, Max Mathews & Jean-Claude Risset, John Chowning (responsible for Yamaha's FM line), etc. were mucking around with sound modeling and sequencing long before synth keyboards became commercially available.

With enough searching around there's no doubt you'll find recordings of 4/4 rhythms. I know for a fact I've heard early Raymond Scott stuff with downtempo simple 4/4 on the MRI album.

Yeah sure you probably won't find the Disco/Funk influenced stuff pre-dating late 70s, but then Techno at its core isn't connected with those genres anyway.

Junior Freak

Heh, seems BBC sound effects dept. were also on the case in the 60s;

www.youtube.com/v/szE5D-dPs_Y

BOA Lifetime Member

get your ears sorted mate.

it is a very good album.

within and the strokes collaborations are ace..

i don't think you gave it a fair shot or listened to the whole album properly.
    Thats your opinion I love daft punk and I honestly think their new album is terrible.
    I have listened to it properly and it all sounds the same.
    Last time I checked I could decide for myself weather I like something or not .
    So go f*uck yourself sideways with a jackhammer till next Sunday jumping in with your if i like something everyone has to bullshite .
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    Thats your opinion I love daft punk and I honestly think their new album is terrible.
    So go f*uck yourself sideways with a jackhammer till next Sunday jumping in with your if i like something everyone has to bullshite .
    lolz

i cant stop the eschaton

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    lolz
    +1
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

BOA Newbie

Nothing wrong with slowing something down to find a new groove.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    no you have hard time understanding my words you bollock chops.

i said i don't think you gave it a proper listen or gave it a fair shot sometimes an album can be a grower.

i honestly like this album a lot more than the first listen i gave it even though i thought it was a decent effort in the first place.

there, next time pay the ****kk attention or shut your bleeding mouth ey?

saves me the effort to correct your cunttin arse.

BOA Lifetime Member

no you have hard time understanding my words you bollock chops.

i said i don't think you gave it a proper listen or gave it a fair shot sometimes an album can be a grower.

i honestly like this album a lot more than the first listen i gave it even though i thought it was a decent effort in the first place.

there, next time pay the ****kk attention or shut your bleeding mouth ey?

saves me the effort to correct your cunttin arse.
    give it a rest ffs

shouldn't you be joining your turkish brothers and uprising in the homeland?

i cant stop the eschaton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast