Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Demon Beast

Who gives a **** who's softened up, who's changed their style.
    I still listen to Slayer. You know why? Because they are still ****ing SLAYER, and because they are honest to do what they became known for and try to be better at it everytime.
    An even better example, Cannibal Corpse, they remain brutal, and get better at what they do everytime.
    The techno producer, and "fan" are ****ing fairweather, bending their tastes and production styles to the masses and what attracts the dollar.
    Techno has changed, because the artist has allowed it to change them, all in pursuit of a buck. To the producers and dj's who don't depend on this medium for their source of income, they remain true to art, which last time I checked, techno was supposed to be, an audio artform. But to the victor the spoils, I am not burnt, because I'd rather listen to cats who keep it true to their art, like my brother DSP, than I would another artist who was the shit in the late 90's early 2000's and went with the crowd.
    The answer shouldn't have been to alienate themselves from techno or hard techno, it should have been to do it better, and do it better consistently, the listener should have been able to tell the two apart, even if eventually.
    I don't, haven't and never will depend on music for a living, because it is unrealistic unless you make music for the masses, or are just a lucky cunt, who people happen to take a liking to your material that much.

In the end, I hate no one, respect, well, whatever, I'm a grain in the sand, but I wish there was a new slamming couple of releases from Skoog, Wilson, Slobodan, Headroom, Hardcell, you know, the guys who did it right the first time around....
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Supreme Freak

I have plenty of thoughts on this, but the one I think is most important is that anyone who makes safe, tepid, inoffensive, and unadventurous music for the sake of making a buck, playing Ibiza, and paying for their hip shades and haircuts, can pretty much f*ck right the frak off.

And that goes for any genre. If you're doing it for any reason other than because you can't imagine your life without music, I don't give a frak how much money you make: you're a disposable piece of shit.

Junior Freak

Speedy J, Luke Slater / Planetary Assult

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    Hard techno got tarnished with the image of a grimey room full of sweaty blokes thanks to the snidey post-2000 minimal lot trying destroy Techno's popularity and market their scene as a modern, safe and stylish alternative. But what actually happend was that post-2000 minimal music was an inoffensive and accessible format which you could easily sell to anyone and make a heap of cash from. Of course now it's trendy everyone just emulates whoever is popular, and hard techno went back to it's roots in the underground.
    Doe's it even have any life left in the underground?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FuK-NuT View Post
    there aint alot out there that have stuck to there roots tbh.

think it would be easier listing the ones still doing the same as they did a few years ago...
    I have changed musical preferences many times over the last 20 years because I have got bored. It must be ten fold for producers.

Junior Freak

Uh yeah, there are still plenty of people producing the style so it's very very much alive and kicking.

I started a group a while back on soundcloud to discover if there was anyone else still making hard industrial techno, and loads of people came out of the woodwork from all over the globe.

BOA Newbie

Uh yeah, there are still plenty of people producing the style so it's very very much alive and kicking.

I started a group a while back on soundcloud to discover if there was anyone else still making hard industrial techno, and loads of people came out of the woodwork from all over the globe.
    People may be producing it, but the scene in London is very much dead.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
    People may be producing it, but the scene in London is very much dead.
    If you mean lack of opertunaties for new artists in London you`ve got a couple of factors to take into account. You`re in the capital of the UK, so the population of people is extremely high which works in two ways, you`ve always got someone beating youy to the chase of a gig and you got a vast audience as long as you entice them to listen. Other than that you`ll probably always be met with the sensible advice that if you want a gig, you`ve got to make it happen, book a venue, get mates to play and hammer away at physically promoting what you`re doing, I`ve found out a few times that most people don`t look to the internet for ideas on where to party, word of mouth is king.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Dave Angel used to play some proper f*cking wicked tunes in the early 90s.

Basically, we all wish it was 20 years ago again.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post
    Dave Angel used to play some proper f*cking wicked tunes in the early 90s.

Basically, we all wish it was 20 years ago again.
    Dave angel classics is a testiment to the belgian techno style he used to play. He then sold out somehow, I remember listening to BBC radio/Pete Tong in Ibiza and surprise surprise Dave Angel was playing and he started his set with the same tune everyone was playing in their set there, Born Slippy. Don't get me wrong, it was a good tune as long as you let it play out which it then went into banging techno, obviously nobody did. Dave Angel also seemed to release a torrent of "Jazz" techno stuff which TBH wasn't here nor there, probably trying to find a new sound and failing.

BOA Newbie

If you mean lack of opertunaties for new artists in London you`ve got a couple of factors to take into account. You`re in the capital of the UK, so the population of people is extremely high which works in two ways, you`ve always got someone beating youy to the chase of a gig and you got a vast audience as long as you entice them to listen. Other than that you`ll probably always be met with the sensible advice that if you want a gig, you`ve got to make it happen, book a venue, get mates to play and hammer away at physically promoting what you`re doing, I`ve found out a few times that most people don`t look to the internet for ideas on where to party, word of mouth is king.
    There are no good parties in London, full stop. It's over, time to emigrate.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

I certainly don't feel safe at London squat parties anymore. But there are still some really good club nights on. You've got to search for them, but they exist!! (ok, you can't snort K off the floor from someones vomit, but you can still enjoy the night safely without getting robbed blind by some crack head cunt.

Junior Freak

the only thing that bothers me is why they didnt create a new name for this new genre of music (that mix of house with clicks and pops called minimal techno)

they still call it techno and its hard to find a techno event or a techno record becouse of that , it even killed the main techno (in some cases becouse in Portugal/spain techno is still techno, we still have great events and clubs )

techno minimal is nothing new , in the 90`s techno minimal was like "heiko laux - hangin" for example and was good music, now its totally diferent... so this new style should had a new name

now the styles are extreme there is hard techno ,jump style , minimal techno (LOL) and dark electronica nothing more... (the good funky techno , tribal techno and all that styles are gone...)

even A.Paul that i liked so much in the 90´s changed is style in is new label Naked Lunch ( i remember very well the good labels he made in 90´s , ONH.CET , Squeeze , x-club , and others)

i hate simple and boring music... i like percutions , rythms , good grooves , funky , and all of that is gone... now you only got clicks and pops (minimal techno) or a beat + a bass blasting like a empty loop (hard techno)

i give up producing since 2010 but im considering coming back but moving to hard house or tech house or some kind of music like "Xhin - Key" <-- like this one sounds like the original minimal from the 90´s

the problem for me is not the new styles , the problem is REPLACING the styles , looks like techno was replaced to another kind of music

check rock for example that never append in there , hardcore is still harcore , speed power metal is still speed power metal , black metal is the same etc etc and in the same time new styles are born every year with new followers (you are free to choose what concerts you want or what kind of music you want to buy)

BOA Lifetime Member

hate is a strong word ha I wont say hate , some of the artists mentioned already I miss their old ways alright.
    Alex Calver what a great producer of solid techno and hard techno. Really really dont like the stuff he makes these days . Would be great to have him back. umek aswell one of my favs of all time
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Newbie

Bas Mooy, Mauro Picotto. Not a fan of the slower minimal style, it bores me tbh. Patrick DSP is in danger of doing this too. He's one of my all time fave techno DJ's/producers as well :(

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ColinHQ View Post
    Bas Mooy, Mauro Picotto. Not a fan of the slower minimal style, it bores me tbh. Patrick DSP is in danger of doing this too. He's one of my all time fave techno DJ's/producers as well :(
    Have I missed the genre of speedminimal? :D

BOA Newbie

Chris Liebing comes to mind that is too good.and other singers have good stuff.lol

Ultimate Freak

double post sorry..
    Last edited by Patrick DSP; 04-11-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ColinHQ View Post
    much appreciated, but i play to a wide range of crowds. The sets you hear from me depend on the crowd/club/time slots. I hate doing studio sets because they're made to an empty room, but i'll tailor them to the radio show requesting it. i'll still bang it out when appropriate. Times and music always changes but i'll always have acid in my viens. In the end i try to do what i like and what makes me shake my butt, i hope it shakes yours too. =]

Supreme Freak

"looks like techno was replaced to another kind of music"

EXACTLY. IT'S BEEN WATERED DOWN BY ALL THE ****ING TRYHARDS FALLING OVER THEMSELVES TO PLAY AT AWAKENINGS AND TO SUCK THEIR OWN COCKS IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MUSIC IT'S ABOUT BEING ACCEPTED BY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FECKLESS "ROYALTY". DON'T ROCK THE BOAT. DON'T DO ANYTHING THREATENING/DIFFERENT. JUST PLOD ALONG ON YOUR PISS BORING COURSE MAKING TOTALLY AVERAGE MUSIC FOR THE TOTALLY AVERAGE PEOPLE WHO NOW LISTEN TO "TECHNO". THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS CHALLENGE YOURSELF OR OTHERS WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT OR INTERESTING.

I'M NOT DOWN WITH THAT. ALL THESE PEOPLE SHOULD JUST GET THE **** OUT AND GO FIND ANOTHER GENRE TO RUIN. THERE IS NEXT TO >NO< GOOD TECHNO OUT THERE THESE DAYS, I DON'T GIVE A **** WHOSE NAME IS ATTACHED TO IT IT'S ALL (FOR THE VERY LARGE PART) UTTERLY THROWAWAY AND SOULLESS. LISTENING TO TECHNO SETS THESE DAYS I'M LIKE "DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT'S ****ING GOOD ENOUGH ?".

IT'S ALL A HAVEN FOR UTTER ****ING NERDS THESE DAYS. ENGINEERS, NOT ARTISTS. UNFORTUNATELY, THE IDIOTS HAVE OVERTAKEN THE ASYLUM.
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast