Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
italy destoryed germany.

again germany's great offensive scheme suffers.

is it me or the germans can not win against top sides of the tournament?

they can beat the near top-tier teams like turkey, croatia, but have hard times against spain, italy?

i think they lack a true scorer with the decline of Klose.

anyhow i predict italians to top spain in extra time with belotonii to score.

ps at least England can say we lost to the eventually winners.

again.

i was really upset with the play with the germans. no true 4 on 3 or real attack. this was a joke.
well it was clearly a mistake to start gomez over klose. he was a total non-factor in the game. ans schweinsteiger was clearly off his game (still injured, i guess). all the offense came from samy khedira, reus and kroos.

but the biggest problem was that the back four were just hideous in defense. i mean hummels was just embarrassed on that first goal, and it seemed like lahm was the only one who tried to catch balotelli on goal #2. really embarrassing for them.

spain will be a lot tougher for italy...i mean, their 4 defenders are arguably the best 4 defenders in the tournament...and that's WITHOUT their best defender, pujol. expect them to play "keep away from pirlo" in midfield and slowly grind down the italians en route to yet another 1-0 win.

and then we'll have to face facts, that this spanish team is just taking the piss with everyone else. winning a tournament without a striker is like saying "let's play golf but this time i'll only use one arm. now watch me still beat you."