Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOA Newbie

thanks von noosh! also thanks as always QUE....still trying to figure out what u mean...

BOA Lifetime Member

jsut try to layer few shuffling loops of different lengths. filter the shit out of them and you are there. :)
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Newbie

I may be a lil off the mark, again with terms like reverse gate(?), but this is how I get things pumpin with reverse reverb in FL. Load sample, mute all others, in the samples fx channel add a verb2, tweak. go to sample , reverse. in piano roll add what ever note you are using, ie C5, for as long as you want the effect, but make sure you make note long enough to encompass the entire sample. You can forego the reversing of the sample if it is monophonic or noise. export as wav file to a folder, perhaps on the desktop, which is already linked in FL file settings. refresh browser, add sample to play list or sequencer. place in new effects channel. now is when the pump can be added in so many different ways. Most often I use the native limiter, set to compression, sidechained to the kick. kills two birds with one fx. you can also use the lfo in the sample editor, or the filter, creating a automation clip and painting it in repetition in the playlist, there is the love filter, blah blah. what you where looking for?
    BTW Cool edit, kinda dates us ol farts. lol There is another option instead of audition. Edison is a very similar wavform editor but it comes native to FL, which is yet another way to record tweak, verb, blur, etc, to get the aame effect. I<3FL

BOA Newbie

Ill try but im a little confused...ill see what I come up with..anyone use Wizooverb

BOA Newbie

I think I understand after rereading...so basically the sound that is sidechained to the kick will be a reversed sample that has reverb on it ..correct¿

Junior Freak

i always wonder how the old classic vinyl techno was produced (tracks from 90´s especially the 1996 to 1998 tracks)

the kick and the subbass had some kind of fluctuation , looks like the kick doenst hit always the same place and the subbass´s too

there was times this technique was present in all great vinyl releases from reeko ,the advent aka souldestroyaz and others

here is one example:

http://youtu.be/wh8OeZVnjPs

another example:

http://youtu.be/t1xmR6bLgd0

maybe the example tracks are not so good but many of you that have vinyl from that times know what im talking about

delays? reverbs? flanger?

cheers.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by doomraider View Post
    I think I understand after rereading...so basically the sound that is sidechained to the kick will be a reversed sample that has reverb on it ..correct¿
    Correct. The reverb is added prior to exporting, this way you get the long reverb decay acting as a long attack. If you keep the original sample, you will Pry want to remove the verb effect or greatly reduce to get the sharpness back on the orginal. If you are looking to do a "sweep" effect with the sample, leave the verb effect, or just clone the Reverse reverb sample and reverse it (or un-reverse, depending on how you exported.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVCfDuwlZK8

You can see what I meant by reversing vocals BEFORE adding verb in this vid. I do not use the normalize function due to is inability to amplify uniformly over the spectrum of the sample, but thats another story ;-) The use of edison is great, however I like to add any synthesis, re-synthesis, effected samples, et cetera to my sample library, jus in case I need them in the future (you can always go back to the project and get it but why not kill a bunch of birds with one stone lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCI-2ceR7g
    This is an ok intro to sidechaining with the fruity limiter.

Hope this helps!!!

BOA Newbie

yes thanks a million. it helps but im not sure if i am doing it correctly or not. do you think you can post an example of this trick/tip so i know i achieved the same result. thanks it would be very appreciated.

BOA Newbie

a friend of mine who is really good with producing says that the ben sims remanipulated track i asked about originally sounds like a shaker loop pitched down a bit. does this sound right to anyone if you listen again? if so does it sound like it has any reverb, compression, reverse gate on it etc? thank you

BOA Newbie

@bloodstart by dif lengths do you mean set the decay to be quick and short ie do not play the entire loop or do you mean time stretch the loops to be longer/slower or shorter/faster. thank you

also does anyone know how to change from 4/4 time to 3/4 time in fl studio. the dance music manual book said some techno artists do that to add different timbres to their loop/layers

muchas gracias danke thank you etc

BOA Newbie

To get a 3/4 time sig... go to Options>Project general settings. Change bar to 3, leave beat at 4. Er is it the other way round? lol been so long since sheet music days. Anyway there it is ;-)
    Last edited by Secret 80s; 16-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.

BOA Newbie

@Doomraider, I soooo tried to record a video for ya, but ended up with a few new tracks instead. lolz I will try again with a new resolve :-) Don't let the terminology get you confused. you can accomplish a "reverse gate" effect in fruity limiter, set to compress, which, imho, you should have on every output to master. the edison editor is also a powefull way to do this with more control, but the limiter has a compressor and gate, and is much easier to use and you can automate, real time. try to keep it simple, buying, leanring, mapping....blah blah, a vst is time consuming at best, and can be a convoluted means to an end, which can be stifiling to the creative process.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by doomraider View Post
    @bloodstart by dif lengths do you mean set the decay to be quick and short ie do not play the entire loop or do you mean time stretch the loops to be longer/slower or shorter/faster. thank you
    i mean, some loop to be 1/2 bar, some to be 1 bar, some to be 3/4 bar, etc.etc...

add FX chain on each loop and you'll have nice moving grooves.. just experiment ;-)
    Last edited by BloodStar; 17-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12