Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Basic Techno Production Studio

I am thinking of getting into music production and looking for a shopping list of the basics I will need to create Acid Techno. I currently have a studio monitors and a high spec computer, but nothing else for production. I would like to use hardware as much as possible rather than more software, and am particularly interested in some hardware for creating drum loops, and also using hardware for creating TB-303 loops. Please could anyone advise how I should proceed, recommendations on software/hardware would be great, thanks.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Get a x0xb0x, a quarter of the price of a 303, and it has a few extra features. There's a guy in Sandy (bedfordshire) who makes them, he's on ebay. He made mine and it's poifect. (I picked mine up to cut costs, saved about 80 notes) You could also get what ever the latest Reason is, and hook it up to the free version of Rebirth (from http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/ ) and that has 2 303s an 808 and a 909 to play with. Or just get ableton and load it up with VSTs. You don't need to spend shit loads on a midi controller, you can pick up a decent one for around 100 quids.

Junior Freak

Right, before you go spanking loads of money on stuff, why not pick up a copy of rebirth and see how you get on with that. That way if you've got any stuff you need to learn you don't have kit idling.

When you do finally want to take the plunge, you'll need a decent sequencer, any of the analog 303 clone machines, a decent sampler (for drums and one-shots) and an all round synth for any track bulking pads, etc.

Effects is a different matter, you'd be best like I said working out what you want to do virtually and then moving up to the proper gear.

- qUE

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post
    Get a x0xb0x, a quarter of the price of a 303, and it has a few extra features.
    YEP..............