Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default x0xb0x Atomic Mod2?

Hey guys,
    I am currently working on an ACID Techno piece but I am really struggling to get the sound I want from my Triton, I found this x0xb0x Atomic Mod2 which does that distorted acid sound I want.

http://www.x0xatomicmods.com/page/home/?122.html

I was wondering if anyone had any hands on experience on the unit and have any thought to offer? e.g. what you like and dislike about the unit.

Thanks in advance.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by acidbassline View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am currently working on an ACID Techno piece but I am really struggling to get the sound I want from my Triton, I found this x0xb0x Atomic Mod2 which does that distorted acid sound I want.

http://www.x0xatomicmods.com/page/home/?122.html

I was wondering if anyone had any hands on experience on the unit and have any thought to offer? e.g. what you like and dislike about the unit.

Thanks in advance.
    XOXBOX IS THE KING. BUY ONE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

THESE MODS YOU LIST ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. I HAVE TWO XOXBOXES AND MODDED BOTH OF THEM TO HELL. I'M NO SCIENTIST WHEN IT COMES TO SOLDERING BUT ANYONE WITH FAIRLY BASIC ABILITIES COULD DO IT THEMSELVES SUPER EASY. IT TAKES ABOUT 2 HOURS MAX TO DO ALL THE MODS AND COSTS ABOUT £15 IN PARTS (IF THAT).

IT'S NICE THAT YOU GET IT ALL IN ONE BOARD HERE, THOUGH, BUT YEAH THE PRICE IS VERY EXCESSIVE. KEEP CHECKING EBAY, YOU GET THE OCCASIONAL BOX ON THERE FOR £250 OR THEREABOUTS, I'VE NOT PAID MORE THAN £260 FOR EITHER OF MINE - IGNORE IDIOTS LIKE JUNO ETC TRYING TO CHARGE £500...

ALSO, DO NOT GET ONE OF THOSE TT303 BASSLINES. THERE'S A FUNDAMENTAL CHIP ERROR ON THEM THAT CANNOT BE FIXED WITH FIRMWARE FREAKING. THE GUY WHO MAKES THEM IS RENOWNED FOR CUTTING CORNERS, THOUGH, SO NO REAL SURPRISES THERE. ALSO, THEY'RE ALL "SURFACE MOUNT" INSIDE SO THE SPACE/ABILITY TO MOD THEM ISN'T THE SAME AS XOXBOX (ALSO THE FILTER IS WRONG COMPARED TO XOX/303)

http://www.subatomicglue.com/x0xl0g/...d%20guide.html

IF YOU DO WIND UP BUYING ONE, ENJOY :-)
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

Supreme Freak

And tbh there's nothing i dislike about them, great units. If you want a 303 that you can really mod to hell but with that "authentic" sound then you can't go wrong, really. Just make sure you don't buy one that's been put together by a complete spastic ;-)

Supreme Freak

Also, you do realize that the thing you posted is >just< the mods, right ? It's not the actual xoxbox aswell it's just the mod overlay which you need to attach to the original xoxbox board (which is not included here)