Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signatures

Junior Freak

Default Signatures

Many on here look atrocious. They are filled with info that nobody reads, and generally make me look much more conspicuous at work.
    I call for an outright ban on these self promotong monstrosities. I can just about tolerate some text. Anyone else?

Junior Freak

Not to mention how badly they f.uck up all the alignments on my screen.

90's Trance head

lol, since about 70% of the board have them i dont think your going to get a good responce :lol: , i think there ok if there a sensible size but the gigantic ones can be a bit :lol:
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

Junior Freak

What's up with your signature?? Did you design that?? Is it you??
    It's OK to look at, like, once....but 50 times on a single thread? Do you get where I'm coming from??

Supreme Freak

some people need to learn to use an imaging program. unless they're deliberately taking up the entire screen with their oversized flashy banners. I guess it's some kind of "flash car" syndrome, posting a great big image to make up for what's lacking elsewhere.

some forum software prevents the sig showing in all but a posters first post in any one thread.

Supreme Freak

Actually, going back and noticing which avatars/sigs I find annoying, they seem to belong to equally annoying individuals, so there seems to be a correlation there.

90's Trance head

:lol: :lol: now now be nice ;)
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

mines a shrine to robbie keane :lol:
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah I have to agree there, It slows the page down a hell of a lot with these unnecessary banners...

I occasionally put a flash banner as my sig, but thats because it's for an event as such.

I just use it as a link to my site.

BOA Lifetime Member

dear oh dear , some people get so shirty about silly little things !

BOA Lifetime Member

have you pulled the power from your TV so you dont see adverts , switch off the radio , drive around city centres peeling off posters and bill boards !

do you work for the council ?

Chill Out Moderator

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Junior Freak

No ones getting shirty, we're just saying that it looks absolutey sh1t.

90's Trance head

you dont like them full stop or you dont like the ones that are too big?

Junior Freak

Full stop to be honest. It's the fact that we have to see them repeatedly, on every post an individual makes. It's excessive, unnessary spam, that slows down the entire board and makes it much more conspicuous too look at, and harder to read. And it just basically looks ****in' sh1te - I mean, half of them are not even decent pictures, just mushed up computer generated rubbish!!!

90's Trance head

its clear you have a strong view against them mate, ive nevereally thought about them too much, i expect on 56k modem they will slow you donw quite a bit when thers a lot of larger ones but i think sensibily sized promotional ones aer ok, i mean we are a community here and all about a simialr scene so most of the people with the promotional ones are for the nights they put on etc, but yeah to take on your point of view perhaps ther should be a size limit or something to keep the big ones away.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    Very mature response there from one of the B/O moderators. Don't you care what YOUR members think??

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionComplex
    its clear you have a strong view against them mate, ive nevereally thought about them too much, i expect on 56k modem they will slow you donw quite a bit when thers a lot of larger ones but i think sensibily sized promotional ones aer ok, i mean we are a community here and all about a simialr scene so most of the people with the promotional ones are for the nights they put on etc, but yeah to take on your point of view perhaps ther should be a size limit or something to keep the big ones away.
    Cool, at least someone is paying attention. The thing about the promotional aspect is - do these parties not get promoted to high heaven on here ANYWAY? I don't reckon that any user will go to the lengths required to create a mahossive signature promoting their wares, and not post them elsewhere, as an individual thread, on this foum and others. That's why it comes across as some kind of trophy, and self "big-upness" and I think that stinks. Promoting the notion that showing all that you do, all the time, is unhealthy, and will eventually lead to bad blood and competetiveness from fellow board members when there is no need for it.

Not to mention the previous reasons I mentioned- perhaps a size regualtion would be a good start.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    No ones getting shirty, we're just saying that it looks absolutey sh1t.

Hmmm ok , ive worked ****ing hard to get where we are now , and im proud of what myself and my fellow board members have achieved and im dam well going to show it of !

mate , get a grip , its only a few pixels ,

by all means i can send you some software and see what you can come up with !

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    Very mature response there from one of the B/O moderators. Don't you care what YOUR members think??
    Shout and scream here , you will get laughed at !

Be mature and discuss matter with Senior Board members and they will consider your views !

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast