Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default WAV Encryption Software

Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has used any WAV encryption software before for your own music?
    I wrote code in java that basically encrypts and decrypts WAV files and wonder is there any appeal out there for this kind of thing?

The idea is you encrypt your WAV file and a key is created also.

Then to decrypt the other recipient who has been sent the encrypted WAV would require the same key.
    Thoughts anyone.

Thanks
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has used any WAV encryption software before for your own music?
    I wrote code in java that basically encrypts and decrypts WAV files and wonder is there any appeal out there for this kind of thing?

The idea is you encrypt your WAV file and a key is created also.

Then to decrypt the other recipient who has been sent the encrypted WAV would require the same key.
    Thoughts anyone.

Thanks
    For what purpose though? You can already just wrap them up in a zip file with AES or something.

Supreme Freak

Now if you could hide your filthy techno inside a WAV file that normally played back Britney Spears ... and then when you entered the secret key... that would be cool ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Rush View Post
    Now if you could hide your filthy techno inside a WAV file that normally played back Britney Spears ... and then when you entered the secret key... that would be cool ;)
    Well it plays back as pink noise when encrypted which is nicer on the ears than Britney

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Lifetime Member

I would trust my own personal code haha i created this as part of a project in college, all that wasted time when I could have been creating or mixing music