Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

cor...
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

cor...
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a sloppy workspace. Pizza boxes and wrappers everywhere!

BOA Lifetime Member

knobs'r'us! :) ;)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a sloppy workspace. Pizza boxes and wrappers everywhere!
    yeah, mine is usually pretty messy as well. I actually cleaned it up a bit before I took that shot. :-\
    ciao

Supreme Freak

here's mine:

studio is my lounge - i too am single! i've no idea how to use most of it tho :(
    i only really use the PC....
    DJ Snort - MiSSiON Sound System
    www.missionparty.com
    www.nuenergycollective.com

Keepin' it Unreal

NS 10's Rather you than me mate :lol:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by IQ
    NS 10's Rather you than me mate :lol:
    a "hmm" to the NS10s too mate...
    they fukin awful for making stuff with, get more bass out of a my car tweeters.
    but the fact you have to really push the bass to hear it means i get bass overload when it's on a bigger system.
    i read stories of people thinking they have made really nice bassey tune, but when it's on a big system, there aint no bass, 'cos their speakers/amp have different dynamics..
    best to have more then less no? alot simpler to EQ out then to try and beef up with EQ?

i would really like a proper pair of monitors tho, cos i keep having to walk round to the decks and play the tunes off that system, which is hi-fi so again i get EQ problems off that...

still, not that any of that matters, cos i'm still in the "learn how to write tunes first" stage rather then "lets make it sound wicked" stage ;)
    www.missionparty.com

Keepin' it Unreal

The theroy with the NS 10's is that they sound shit, so if your track sounds good on them, then it will sound ace on other systems. I cant stand the harshness of them personnally, really trash sound, sort of like a guitar amp Especially since the studio i use which has them, also has a pair of Genelecs next to em :love: But then again, i know people who swear by them, so its all personall preference at the end of the day.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by IQ
    The theroy with the NS 10's is that they sound shit, so if your track sounds good on them, then it will sound ace on other systems.
    erm yea, theory :roll:
    i swear my tune sounds crisp as fwark, get it into the car/rig, sounds like a big sloppy squelchy turd! :lol:
    agree with you on the harshness, i dont generaly listen to music off em (that sounds really contradictory (sp?))...still, they do the job for my needs at the moment...
    i should really listen to more music off them, learn how they should sound when a pro's been making the tunes....
    www.missionparty.com

BOA Lifetime Member

they are grot boxes brilliant 2 test the definition and presense separation of different sounds on the mid/ High range... which is were u have most of the "music" in yer tracks... so horses 4 courses!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

I think near field monitoring is so important. The real thing is to find monitors you are confortable with, and then over time your ears will learn the sound.
    I laugh at some of these clueless studio freaks who have to have the latest gear all the time. Keep changing their monitors etc, and then wonder why they can`t get a good sound.
    Whatever monitors you have (nearfield) you just have to learn em, and the more confortable with them you are, and how the sound you get will be in other circumstances, then the better your mixes get.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I think near field monitoring is so important. The real thing is to find monitors you are confortable with, and then over time your ears will learn the sound.
    Agree 100%. I sit in front of my monitors for 8-12 hours a day, and nearly always have music going - my mixes have improved eleventy-billion percent in the last year. My friends now ask me to help them EQ their home stereo systems. :) When I make tracks these days, they sound fine wherever I play them...

...that is, when I find time to do any audio work. :( The downside of working an IT day job while sitting in your studio is that at the end of the day, the last place you want to be is in your "office". :( Maybe soon I'll have some time off to work on music more than a handful of hours a week.
    http://mux.ca <-- techno lives here

BOA Newbie

not much but it works for me...a few other gadgets r not on pics..korg polysix,yamaha cs20m,roland sh09...

take care :lol:
    [ Z ]

Junior Freak

im officially jealous of all of you. right now i only have a small 4 channel mixer a laptop and my trusty jomox xbass09. how much money do you think youve put into your studios?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist
    im officially jealous of all of you. right now i only have a small 4 channel mixer a laptop and my trusty jomox xbass09. how much money do you think youve put into your studios?
    Um, for about the last five or six years, ALL OF IT! :P

I'm fond of showing off my studio while saying "and this is my car..." ;)
    http://mux.ca <-- techno lives here

Junior Freak

Who needs a shit hot studio when u got a college that can provide all of it for ya :)

with access anytime in day ;)
    Electronic Dirt coming soon...
    www.fakedj.co.uk

90's Trance head

i love looking at other peoples set ups, some cool looking studios guys
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

Supreme Freak

http://www.myfirste.com/cern-a-rama.html is a slightly stylised one that's on our site...

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Rush
    http://www.myfirste.com/cern-a-rama.html is a slightly stylised one that's on our site...
    aaaahhhhh....UREI !!!!!
    [ Z ]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast