Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Traktor

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Traktor

Hey,
    am thinking of getting myself a laptop, and getting Traktor on it. Only problem is that I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computers. Anyone got any suggestions for minimum requirements for a laptop if I want to put Traktor (and maybe Reason 2.0) on it??
    Want to get a nice cheap computer (found some on ebay for +- £250) but no point getting one cheap then finding it's too sh*t to run the programs properly!!
    Any tips?

(Also, anyone know any sites where I can get a laptop custom built - may be cheaper that way?!)

Supreme Freak

custom built laptops will be twise as costly as a normal one so dont got there.

better tellin us what you intend to do with it first

you producing or using it for djing or sumart?

do you need a laptop?
    :?:

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, I would need a laptop rather than a PC. Moving in with girlfriend so there's a serious space issue!!
    Am unlikely to be producing aynything, though if I did I've been offered a cracked copy of reason 2.0. Best not to take that into account.
    I'd like to get a laptop with a CDrw drive, which is fast/powerful enough to run Traktor on it smoothly, and I guess it also needs a fair amount of memory for the music files.
    Not arsed about DVD, zip drives and all that stuff.
    Not even bothered what it looks like - if an older chunky model will suffice, then fair enough!
    Any advice gratefully recieved!!

Junior Freak

With laptops spend as much as you can afford - you get what you pay for
    Dont get a Dell - you are better with an IBM, Compaq or Toshiba
    Minimum of 256MB ram to run music programs, pref 600+ mhz processor, and hard disk space should be ok with most laptops
    Housework @ Mission - Leeds - every saturday - DJs this month include Tidy Boys, Rob Tissera, Lee Haslam & Ilogik www.clubmission.com !!

Junior Freak

nicepc.co.uk do some really good deals on fujitsu laptops. I got myself a fujitsu amilo d 8830 with pentium 4 3.06 (with hyper threading technology)
    512 ddr ram, ati radeon 64mb graphics card, 5 usb 2.0 ports! a fire wire port, cd/rw, dvd player 4 £1000 I think there selling them for £950 now though.

Im running traktor on my laptop (through final scratch) and it works quickly & smoothly.