Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

i got some loops for one of you fannys... who wants em??
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

so are the posted on the website or wha? giz them so I can mash them...

Ultimate Freak

nope - i'll have to email em out i guess.
    jimmah!

BOA Lifetime Member

Cant organise a pissup in a brewery us lot then! hahaha

Prince Of Warthogs

i'm gonna send an e-mail to ddr to see if we can use some space at the fab distribution website
    i reckon we should all upload loops all download loops
    write a track each and then post them up (somewhere)
    everyone download all the tracks and try to agree an the best ones
    then we'll go about putting them out
    maybe a 4 track e.p.
    i'm up for releasing it. i'm sure others of you will be too.
    i'll get back with more info.
    love your mum

Prince Of Warthogs

tell you what you guys
    you could all start sending them here
    drummer303@hotmail.com
    i got a fair bit of space there
    or
    dave@truelove.co.uk
    once i have what seems to be everything (we need a time restraint here)i could upload all of it at once that'll solve the password/security problem of admin clearance to the site.
    what do you think???
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

let it rip! ;)

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

Wouldnt it be goo to have a virtual private network of sounds and loops, absynth patches presets for shit. The technologys there, its a matter of would people be up for doing it. I would be happy to upload my own sounds preset banks for absynth and shit like onto a server if I knew I could d load ones back, most people change the sounds anyways. Although I am currently on 56K :( :(

BOA Lifetime Member

So theres no point at all me thinking about it realy!! :cry: But gettin broadband soon yey!

Ultimate Freak

anyone object if i send em mp3? im on a well shit modem connection here the the stix... :cry:
    ill do em at 196 tho..
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

will (tyrisia) and i have allready done a collaboration as a result of the site - listen to it on the tunes page...
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

jeez...come on dudes - check it out! whats the point in doing forum collaborations if nobody off the forum listens to it??

i dunno...all that hard work...bunch of cunts!!
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

Default collaborations

ok people.......i have some loops as well....
    how this collaboration will be ??
    is there any website that we all can upload and download the loops ???
    and henry ?? do you really have that much space in your hotmail account ??? i thought hotmail provides only maximum 2 mega space.
    all the best
    Rafael Araujo

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    tell you what you guys
    you could all start sending them here
    drummer303@hotmail.com
    i got a fair bit of space there
    or
    dave@truelove.co.uk
    once i have what seems to be everything (we need a time restraint here)i could upload all of it at once that'll solve the password/security problem of admin clearance to the site.
    what do you think???

Junior Freak

Ok.. I don’t know how I missed this post... hmmm.. Maybe it predated my young existence in this forum. I think this is a f***in great idea!!!!! It appears that its not gotten rolling though.

Here is the problem (as I see it). There is an idea without a structure . I think if we develop the format this could be a highly successful idea. I would like to take a roll in leading this charge. ….

Here are my thoughts:

1.I have several web friends that run big servers. I’m sure I can get a 500mb to 1G of space on a fast ftp site. That’s issue big issue #1. (Email doesn’t cut it)

2.If there are too many people it’s likely to be more of a hindrance than a help. I think we need to devise groups. Four, maybe 5 people per… and the track gets pushed around its own group.

3.Leaders!! We need team leaders.. Basically, Each group should have (at least) one accomplished producer as the captain and then maybe one or two people with just a release or on the verge of releasing… and then one or two others who are at the level of releasing in the near future (lets call them rookies). …

**Here is the thing… I think people who are at the beginner level and aren’t even sure what Acid or Cubase is … well then.. I think you need to work on music yourself until you feel you are at the level to enter the game. Its like if you just started to DJ.. Your not going to spin at a party until you mastered that shit in your bedroom. It also gives motivation to get better. (This is not meant to be elitist IN ANY WAY!!!! It’s just a reality. For this to work the flow has to be quick and the work to be interesting.) That brings me to the next point…

4. Timing has to be established. Each member of the team has say… 3 days to work on the track.. then… its handed off to the next guy.. Otherwise… once again.. The flow won’t work. If progress is not evident people will loose interest.

5. Each “Group” will have a separate folder on the server. You mainly work in your folder. However, if you want to go over to another folder and take sounds.. that’s cool.. You just can’t f**k with any of the other groups sequencing.

6. We could also establish naming formats so that each track (of the track) has the creators name applied to it. I’m sure we can tweak the rules like this as we get closer to getting this going. (Suggestions?.. Team leaders can also make up their own rules)

7. I have questions is how we make groups. Do we divide them into styles? Henry (funky hard), Mark (pounding hard)… etc.. . Or do we identify the leaders and the rest is just random draw. I vote for the styles divisions. That way, people are clear what type of track you’re making. We can always switch groups up every month or 2. Also…those who would be team leaders should make themselves known. The rest will probably fall into place from there.

8. I like the idea of using Acid.. It zips up nice and will work well. Cubase is an option too. Maybe the final mix is done in Cubase (or however the team leader descides)

So.. What do you guys think? Tell me now if I should f**k off and stop trying to lead this thing.. It’s just that I run crews of 50+ people for a living as a set designer and this is just what I do. (Not to mention this thread is coming on a year old!!!!) Slackers!! HAHAHA

I’m out of town till Sept 11th. When I get back I can get the server up.... I see no reason (besides too much pot smoking) that we can’t be started my mid Sept………….

Thoughts?

Ultimate Freak

hahahaha spearhead! let's do this.

*antinoise is my doing* *proud*
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

The leaders could pick the group themselves.. Like a good old fashion game of street hockey!!!!

New teams/groups will picked every few months... By tracks being named by the sound creator.. the stars will emerge over a few rounds. Then they will be picked first the next round (and the other slacker picked last..). A draft!!

I like this idea... Overall.. the more power we put with the team leaders, the less anarchy will happen. (And don’t give me any bullshit about anarchy is good you techno bastards.. .. nothing gets done..)

The Demon Beast

I'm with it 210%
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Sounds good to me!

Who whats to lead then? Eh?

T*

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoise
    And don’t give me any bullshit about anarchy is good you techno bastards.. .. nothing gets done..)
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

oops , that last post was meant to then say: hahahahahaha!
    jimmah!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast