Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

oh wow! an edit button!
    jimmah!

The Demon Beast

So what's the score whats the game plan
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Suddenly the post comes back to life

BOA Lifetime Member

Hey this could be a killer idea you know.

So many differant poeple working the same tune

Why not just post up a zip file of loops and sounds and let everone download the whole lot.

Its not exactly pass the parcel production/colaberations but its basically giving everone a chance to do there own mix of something.

just an idea, ive seen this somewhere else on the net

F

The Demon Beast

as long as everything is in wav format that sounds like the best idea to date.

oye bro
    ta heavy loco
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoise
    And don’t give me any bullshit about anarchy is good you techno bastards.. .. nothing gets done..)
    lol, that's telling them!
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    So what's the score what’s the game plan
    Sit tight till the 11th when i get back to town. I can put the plan into action then. Meanwhile.. keep the thread open with suggestions to format and stuff..

Hopefully between now and then a few people will step up to the plate to be group leaders. If not.. fuk em.. We can pound this shit ourselves. From the current responses we are at about one group at this point.

ICQ me if anyone wants to chat about it.. .. (However im going to pretty much offline till 11th)

-Greg

Ultimate Freak

ya, one other thing is we all need to be working the same versions, and have the same plugins installed..

May i suggest everyone gets a version of:

ACID 3 (4 is shakey imo)
    waves platinum pack 3.5
    newsest TC native packs

and erm, well thats it really.. ;)
    jimmah!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfish
    ya, one other thing is we all need to be working the same versions, and have the same plugins installed..

May i suggest everyone gets a version of:

ACID 3 (4 is shakey imo)
    waves platinum pack 3.5
    newsest TC native packs

and erm, well thats it really.. ;)
    I was just about to say that.... homegenous setup needed. Also it may sound stupid but it may be a bad idea lumping a P3 550Mhz man in with a 3Ghz superhuman. For fear of PC meltdown when playing back tracks. :)

I like the 3 day rule alot.

So lets keep this movin...

BOA Lifetime Member

Well I`m in, when? where? etc

Arse Biscuits

Steve D-Bass
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Think audio is probably better .. or maybe just the midi!

Acid totally put's me out of the contest! :(

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ze MigL
    Think audio is probably better .. or maybe just the midi!

Acid totally put's me out of the contest! :(

Z
    haha, maybe you and I should start a wav group then :) bloody mac's not compatible with anyone!

Junior Freak

How about mac users as a group in and of themselves? Decide on software (logic, live, whatever) and go.

Ultimate Freak

i'm not down with acid.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

yeah, acid is gonna be plop, but its the easiest to cross files between - not too complicated..
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

Alright gentleman...

I apologize for getting the excitement going and then disappearing for a few weeks.. (Out of town and busy with a few things..)

Anyway.. Let get it going.. THE FTP IS SETUP!! Now all that’s left is to decided and finalize the parameters.

The Programs:

From the feedback I recon we are agreed that we need to drop acid (pun intended!).. I guess we form a divide where you chose either Logic (6) or Cubase (SX 1). This will make it a better product in the end anyway.

* I guess we could also form an Acid group if it was so demanded.

Plugins:

Plug-in compatibility is an issue. I think the only solution that will work long term is to render audio flat with efx included unless you are using efx native to the program. If everyone had the waves native bundle that would be a good standard.. .. but I’m not going to start sending out copies. So let’s stick to the native plugins or rendered 3rd party.

Saving/Exporting:

We need to be careful to package the file carefully as not to leave files out. I’m not sure how its done in Logic.. but in Cubase… When you are done.. “Save Project To a New Folder..”. Check Minimize audio; Freeze Edits; and Remove Unused Files so that the file size does not get out of hand. Then zip that folder.. I just did this to a project of mine.. (Folder was 75mb.. zipped to 33mb.. so that’s what we are dealing with!! It will be less in the early 8 bar looping process)

A further note of saving.. Each time you save a zip.. save it up a #.. (I.E.. GroupA 1.zip…> . download..> modify…> then Upload > GroupA 2.zip…..and so on).. That way we can always backtrack if something goes wrong.

Time:

I suggested before that each person has 3 days. I say make it even less.. Two days max!. If you don’t have time, too bad. The train can’t stop; your turn will be back around before you know it. That way.. In a group of 4.. you are getting the track about once a week.

Well.. There it is. Now all that’s left is forming groups. I’m not giving out the ftp public. To sign up.. msg me and ill give you the details. Then when you msg me.. tell me:

Platform: (Logic, Cubase, Acid)
    Techno Prefrence: (Punishing, Hard, Funky, Dark… etc)

My hope is that the groups will work itself out through preference divides. The goal is groups of 4. Hit the PM mgn link below to sign up.. or add me to icq.aim.. etc.. (dont email me to any of these because i dont check them... instant message or blackout pm only!)

Other Rules:

Scroll back to my first posts on pg 3

Lets give a registration deadline – 1 week from now END OF DAY; FRIDAY SEPT 26th. Then I'll see what we got over that weekend and hopefully the grouping thing works out. You can always join later, we just got to get this bitch movin!!!

LETS GO!!!!

-G

BOA Lifetime Member

would it be a problem with me using cubase 5, i guess i could work with acid, although i detest the program.

another thing i just need clearing up, one person starts with a few loops, say 64 bars. it is then up to the next person to take the track further, right? say another 64 bars, adding more loops right?

Junior Freak

Emmmm... no need dealing in old technology here.. Its already been hard enough to get people to step up to the plate. Making them have to deal with a weird conversion back to V5 cubase is not a welcome bump in the road.

We can start a V5 cuabse group if you like. However, to this point.. you would be the only person in that group.

I dont want to be the killjoy.. but I'm all about making this thing take off.. and not about stunting its growth.

BOA Lifetime Member

ok mate i can appreciate that. i think i'll knock it on the head for now, i look to upgrade to sx in the very near future though, and maybe if this all goes well it will come around again. (unless their is a sudden surge of cubase 5 users of course)

BOA Lifetime Member

I think this ideas going nowhere fast, why dont someone just upload a load of samples, singlys and loops and let everyone do there own thing???

Just an idea, kinda like every track will be a rmx of the other but each with the artists individual touch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast