Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

OK, I really like this idea of collaboration. This idea is this. One person makes about 5 loops in ACID (4 bars). Export the loops and SAVE the ACD file. Then Zip it all up and e-mail it to someone who will open it up and then add some more loops. Then keep going vica versa until the loops are perfect.

I reckon you could do this between loads of people or just two who are on the same level. Then you both/all make your own mix using cub/log or whatever.... ie loads of mixes of the same track - done....

Please post your thoughts on this idea and your suggestions on what would be the easiest way to do this..... i use icq for quick file transfer but perhaps we could have a blackout audio upload site that everyone can access? please someone tell me how to do this on my server....

BOA Newbie

ive been telling people we should do that for a while, its good to see that other people are interested too. im down for trying it out, let me know.

Junior Freak

hmmmmm..........

that sounds like a good idea!!!!!!!!!!

Junior Freak

I had a more involved idea about this a while back. It needs work to set up, but this kind of forum could be a great starting point.

The idea is 'open source music'. There are programs around that keep track of program code and versioning, which are net-ready and could be twisted to contain libraries of wav files and loops instead of program code.

Acid is a great way to bind it all together - each project would contain one acid file, and various wavs. (Along with MIDI files to allow new instruments to be used.) If no Acid effects or automations are used, this could be pretty universal - all effects would be placed in separate recordings to allow a proper mixdown, or re-application if necessary.

Is Acid available for the Mac at all? If not, we'd have to think of something different. Zipped project-length wavs, perhaps (zipping will compress all the dead-space.)

The beauty of this is that these versioning programs allow branching, so if someone wants to take music in a different direction, a branch can be made to represent this. Presto, instant remixes! There's also a history, so if someone wants to work on something that's previously been changed, they can. (For example, to re-apply compression using a better processor).

The downside? We'd need lots of space on the server - and rules/systems in place to help avoid people just raping it for good loops. And good agreements made to cover what happens in the event of a release.

I don't have the time to do anything about this... Much as I'd love to. Anyone here have buckets of time and software skills?
    :?
    Tequila

Junior Freak

good idea mr.EG

count me in 8)

BOA Lifetime Member

I don't have Acid anymore :?: :!:

I think it would b lots more manageable 2 get a sort of each one does his think... almost like remixing from a certain set of sounds, etc...

Or later with a finish track each 1 could do a mix.. for the pourpose of studing mixes or what ever..

Lots of different working methods, tastes and stuff.. seems rather more dificult 2 get a "universal track"...

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, thats a great idea. Why not Zip up some sounds and give let whoever have access to them. Then whatever happens from there is up to them. Or come up with some lil rules or whatever. Like DJ Ze MigL said it would be hard to have a universal sounding track. Well worth a try tho!

Prince Of Warthogs

i'm into it!
    love your mum

Ultimate Freak

isnt there some 'rocket'? thing in cubase that lets you link up several peoples pcs/cubases over the net and work on trax? whats that all about??
    (not that i have got an even vaguly good enuff connection, just curious)
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

Default Loops

Yah wicked idea....

Im in !!!

If you guys need a place to host the loops, i can send you the infos...

Let me know !!

my email is djraraujo@hotmail.com

Rafael

Administrator

this is great - i'm working on something like this for the new site - a totally interactive way of making tracks... problem is i cant find sinner :( is he ok? does anyone know?

Junior Freak

So what's this system you're working on, Mark?

I'm intrigued!
    :)

Tequila

Junior Freak

Default !!!

I can't get a hold of Sinner either!!

:(

No clue where he is!

-jOHNNY

Junior Freak

P.S

I'd love to take part even tho I know its good for me to stop relying on Acid and learn bloody Cubase!!!!!!

-jOHNNY

Ultimate Freak

i'm all over that idea like a fat kid over a smartie.

Junior Freak

This could come up with some really interesting results!!

I'm in like flynn!

Ultimate Freak

so somebody start a loop already.. zip it up and the next person can work on it. so on and so forth.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

We need a site to upload stuff to...

Any offers?

I may have a little room on mine to start things off. I'll look into it...

Tequila

Junior Freak

im a good friends of olly perris off nukleuz we chat on msn lots and this is how all his tunes with ashley sinclair are made, they make the loops in fl and then arranged in acid pro

Junior Freak

im a good friends of olly perris off nukleuz we chat on msn lots and this is how all his tunes with ashley sinclair are made, they make the loops in fl and then arranged in acid pro

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast