Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: A New Track

Supreme Freak
    Around the back of the third moon off Tyrisia

Default A New Track

Here's another track 4 u lot to listen 2, I'm not sure whether it's finished or not yet, I would love to know what y' all think.

Cheers,

Will

Right Click Save As

Administrator

defo not as good as your other trax. from what i'm getting now, it's your production that you have to work on - not your general ideas. you've got a sound or a 'way' you like your music to be made and that's half the battle i reckon.

really work on filling your tracks up. use loads more loops than you think you actually need - just eq out the bad parts.... you're not far off at all...

anyone else agree/disagree???????

Junior Freak

When u say production, u mean levels n stuff? I'm just recordin into logic at the mo, I haven't done any post production at all on any of the tracks u've heard, cos I haven't got the software basically!

When u say loops, do u mean more percussion? I don't actually use loops generally, just single instruments from certain loops, and then sequence them together.

I know the track's a bit empty, but do u reckon I bin it and start afresh, or r there useful elements in it?

Supreme Freak
    Around the back of the third moon off Tyrisia

That was me postin previous - forgot to login!

Administrator

well we always 'start afresh' and move to the next track when we've done a track. i really hate going back onto summit .... but do what you feel is necessary.

i think i'd love to hear some of your stuff on CD to get a better reaction. it's hard to comment really properly on computer speakers, but i do think you should experiment with some more 'loops' in your style. create your own or buy a cool sample cd and add them to your sound. i think you'll be really surprised....

Ultimate Freak

i realyy like this track, but have to agree it does sound a bit basic on the prodution side.....
    i think that with a few more loops and some big ol bass you will be right in there!!
    i love the track at about 3 minutes - after that im not so keen on the tinkly synth that comes in(if i was making it i would just leave it with the deeper stabs and use the bass beats to pump it after the break - but i see why that synth is there and if that is your style, that is fine!) but really thats just a personal preference...
    if the track had those things in i would definitly sign it for our new label - 'midisync' which weve just started through neuton....
    maybe you should come down to london and hook up with me before i leave and i can show you some little tricks to get the groove/ production a bit phatter...
    definitly good work i say though!!

Ultimate Freak

im a sucker for a good stab...

Ultimate Freak

just listened to your other tack - 'slam dance'
    wikkid stuff too...
    i think that technically you are excellent - much better than me at this shit, just get the production pumpin and you are away!!

Ultimate Freak

i think you are gonna be the nutz myself... your tracks show so much potential...
    can you send me some info eg:

how many there are of you
    how long you been doin it
    wot kit u use
    any releases you have so far etc etc

got me all excited!!

Ultimate Freak

where u based too...

Junior Freak

In answer to all ur questions Jim..

Just me - Will Bithell - in a bedroom in a terrace house in the Isle of Man, whiling away the hours for the past two years, trying 2 get me head round a Supernova 2, Spirit SX desk, XL 7 Command Station, Quasimidi 309, Behringer Composer Pro and Ultrafex 2, TLA Fat 1, Carillon PC, Reaktor, Logic P, Spirit Absolute 2's, and Servo Amp.

I used 2 have a residency at now defunct club night Indigo in Dundee, playin techhouse (think Soma) and techno, until I had 2 move back to the Isle of Man, so I know what the kids dance 2, it's just gettin it right in the studio that's taken the time.

I've never sent out a demo in my life (2 self critical), so I've never come even close 2 a release, but I'm finally gettin me own style and as Mark said, that's half the battle, so I might start sendin out demos of some stuff soon. If u're interested, I'll get a demo together and maybe sent it 2 u?

Junior Freak

Me forgot 2 login again! Doh!

Ultimate Freak

yes mate, for sure...
    icq me or messenger

(jimfish69@hotmail.com)

Ultimate Freak

or phone me: 0208 510 3523...im here all afternoon till 6ish...