Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

I´ve been thinking of having my music pressed and releasing it, but I´ve had difficulties finding a distributor. Anyone got any tips on this subject? Is there anything i gotta pay attention to, or I have to say when I write them?

Thanks a lot

BOA Lifetime Member

I've had a label with Integrale Muzique (fined Recordings) and it didn't really work all that well... Still waiting 4 a "I'll call ya back with the accounts details...".. but then again I'm not bugging them all the time!! I recon Intergroove is very good 4 techno, if u are relatevly new 2 tha game... If U have a very big name then theres 2 places 2 look for Prime UK and ELP mediem germany....

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

Thanks a lot! You have any idea how long they usually take to answer? I´ve sent an inquiry to two smaller german distributors already but haven´t received any reply at all. Is that their normal way of saying "we´re full"?

We've just signed an exclusive deal with Neuton. As far a UK dist's go, forget it. Although there's a new one started up called Just Music and it's Steve Sativae teamed up with Ben from Wedafukawi.

Prime are great but from what I hear, god help you if you release on the same day as a Primate release. Know what I mean???

Triple are good in the UK too...

BOA Lifetime Member

neuton went thru a bad period but seems 2 be back on top again!

UK distr. .. Mark summed it up preatty good!

Mark mail me some nice contacts 4 Neuton (if that's Ok with ya!)..

Amok... don't emai, fax or snail mail... anything less that a phone call is a waste of yer time and money (unless U have a very big name in the industry)... If possible setup a proper meeting and make sure u take what u have planned 4 the 1st two releases... have a very clear ideia of artist, music style, salles expectancy, regularity of releases 4 yer label.. let them know exactly that!!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

Oh, so no snail mail either?? Well so far it didn´t work out anyways. So I gotta call and make an appointment? Neuton is not far away from me, think I´ll just drop by and show em what we got.

Man, I never thought this was so difficult. Makin the music really is the easiest part of the whole thing.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Junior Freak

Hey Amok,

I had your Kne'Deep demo here for a few days (Rush gave me it to give to Charlie @ Victoria Music) Maaaaaaaaaan it rocks !!! I love the 3/4 track. This is totally the type of peak set music I play. Hopefully Charlie will have promo's soon. Evil Con is sending me a EP with a track from you and Sven Wittekind on this week so hopefully i'll have it for next weekend in Germany.

As far as Distribution companies go it's a tricky one because some people rate one against another but I put JACKSTAR through JUST MUSIC and so far apart from a few late pressings etc I am pretty pleased with them. They also co-own a pressing plant (Curved pressings) and have the office above Curve Pusher so it's very handy for getting things sorted fast. They have also taken on 2 new labels from Jamie Bissmire and a label from Chris McCormack so they are really putting out some great music. I would seriously think about using them. Check out the website www.just-music.com or email office@just-music.com

Keep up the good music.

Paul

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

Junior Freak

Hi Paul :D

hey wow, I´m really happy to hear you liked it!! you had the whole cd there or just the four tracks for the ep? I really Charlie is sending out promos soon so we can get our hands on that record. I got Evil Con's EP today, and this is totally the EP of the year for me. You gotta chack out that Sven Wittekind track, this guy is totally insane. real killah! Hope you get it in time for this weekend.
    Where in Germany are you playing? (actually I already heard a bit of your set at U60 on the 29th but I didn´t come up and introduce myself cuz I wasn´t sure if you´d know me and you had just started spinning)

About Just Music. I´ll check them out, as soon as I have all the material for the label ready to go. I´m risking all my savings on this so I want to be prepaired and have this thought through more than once. Thank you so much for the hint :D

-Amok