Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

I can't believe I'm not going, well ragged off about the whole affair. Infact, I'm not posting on this subject again because it's just not fair ( walks off in a strop and sulks in his room )

Anyway, Hood will show Mills the way to do it and then Mills will never want to play in Leeds again, so there. :wicked:

BOA Lifetime Member

I am going to miss this one. Hope ot goes well

Junior Freak

Just found out that all tickets in Manchester are sold out and have no way of getting one from any other place before Friday.
    So was just wondering will there be any tickets on the door? :?:
    Really don't want to have to miss this one just coz I can't get hold of a ticket.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by retox
    Just found out that all tickets in Manchester are sold out and have no way of getting one from any other place before Friday.
    So was just wondering will there be any tickets on the door? :?:
    Really don't want to have to miss this one just coz I can't get hold of a ticket.
    the only way your going to stand a chance of getting through the doors for this one is if you pitch up a tent right out side the doors thursday night.

only kidding. :lol:

get down early. a similar question was posed on little detroit, and the promoter said get down early to stand any chance of getting in. so im pretty sure the capacity is larger than the number of tickets made available.

BOA Lifetime Member

just seen the set times, they are as follows...

Room 1:

Dan Moore 22:00 - 01:00
    Jeff Mills 01:00 - 04:00
    Robert Hood 04:00 - 06:00

Room 2:

Charlie 'Magic' Johnson 22:00 - 23:00
    Alex Bowen 23:00 - 01:30
    Andrew Weatherall 01:30 - 04:30
    Scott McGill 04:30 - 06:00

Junior Freak

what time you going down Col?

Supreme Freak

i'll be seein jeff mills on sunday at space. along with the legendary josh wink. class

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Horam
    what time you going down Col?
    might head into leeds at about 9. you up for a drink beforehand?

Junior Freak

Sounds good Col,

I'll PM you Thursday or something...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Horam
    Sounds good Col,

I'll PM you Thursday or something...
    cool. ;)

Junior Freak

ANYBODY WITH A SPARE TICKET FOR THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Cheers
    I am the eggman

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi
    ANYBODY WITH A SPARE TICKET FOR THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Cheers
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here!

Ultimate Freak

u are all filthy dogs

BOA Lifetime Member

Well I have just got home. After queing for 2-3 hours in a pay on the door que that only lets about 10 people in and them been sold a ticket and waiting for longer in the paying que !! There were people who had tickets but weren’t let in because the club was full?? Why, did they sell too many tickets? Pretty lame paying 20 quid for a ticket and not been allowed in and having to wait for people to come out at 11.30 onwards. Bet the 20-30 ticket holders who were still waiting to get in at 1.30 were getting well pissed off. I gave in in the end still waiting at 1.45 I sold my ticket and ****ed off with a couple of my mates who came out

Next thing a few hours later few people showed up at my mates gaff saying that Jeff Mills was canceled because he lost his records on the way over?!?! Pretty Lame imo.

Well I glad I didn’t go in now :lol:

Too much queing for my head to handle

Althought everone did say the residents put on a wickid show :clap:

What did you lot make of it?

BOA Lifetime Member

Ah, the good old "lost my records story" from Mr Mills.I know it does happen quite regularly but it just seems strange how it happens when he's due to play on the same bill as Robert Hood :hmm:. I just hope Hood delievered for the SC boys, they worked had for this event.

Ultimate Freak

the resident who was on first was ok but not too impressed by his mixing. second resident played a really good set enjoyed it. Robert hood played a blinder.
    Club was so ridiculesly busy you could not really move or dance properly. Temperature was dangerously high as was the lack of fresh air. Againm i stayed pritty much to the end but my lightweight mates left about 3:30. Oh and claude young was in there well banging it out. Really down to earth guy who is a hero of mine and just sat down and talked shit to him for a while. Says he is over here for 2 onths on vacation and isn't having a mix in this time. Its guys like him who put my faith back into it after such a big downer was put on the night. Have told him i will blag pauls head to get him on at darkside so fingers crossed.
    Was it worth £20 not sure just to see robert hood is a lot of money. The guy is fcuking ace and every mix was banging but for just him alone i don't think it was value for money and i can tell you if that would have happened in the orbit just putting a notice saying jeff mills wouldn't be on due to lost luggage then there would of been a full scale riot not just a few boos. As soon as i walked in the club a guy i know came up to me and told me mills tunes had been lost and he wouldn't be on. Anyway **** jeff mills and superconductor please take note that the ques outside not for myself but for others was appauling and spoilt a lot of peoples night. Can't see myself of to superconductor in the future anyway bring on the darkside!
    Rant over

Ultimate Freak

oh and just for the record seem as am on one. Robert hood shits all over jeff mills anyway. Some of the bext mixing i have hadd the pleasure to hear no train track mixing or touches every 2 seconds. Hood you da man

Ultimate Freak

last rant just remembered that i saw this on little detroit
    Thanks for all the good wishes - we all hope as much as anyone that tonight fulfills it's potential. Everything is on course so far...

Should be approx 200 tickets on the door - but be prepared to wait for them.

Got some work to do...

What a load of shit that was. Why build the hope up of lots of people when they sold too many tickets and didn't even get some of the peeps with tickets in till 1:30 2 or not at all. Thats a really shit thing to do imo and am dissapointed in them for doing that to people.

BOA Lifetime Member

its a fu*king disgrace, when i eventually found out that mills wasnt going to turn up, i stayed around for 20 mins before deciding i wasnt staying to watch residents playing in those conditions. the supposed line-up was way too big for a venue of that size, and it was clear that conductor had let way too many people through the door. no matter which part of the venue you were in you were always sqaushed up against somebody.

the excuse is laughable "jeff mills lost his records at the airport". oh right, so a man with 20 yrs worldwide expierience as a dj didnt take his records on as hand luggage? its a fu*king poor excuse, and someone is taking the piss. i think you have to point the finger at both parties (mills & conductor)
    conductor for bad organisation, and for failing to make an announcement when it was found he wouldnt be turning up, if they would have said "sadly mills wont be coming, but we are bringing in claude young in on short notice, robert hood will be still attending, and you can all have a refund, we are truely sorry" then that would have been good enough, but instead they chose a sly and greedy approach which angers me.

at the point they found out mills wasnt going to be there, they should have stopped any payments on the door, i mean why should people be sqaushed up against each other within a sweatpit to see residents play? it all comes down to greed in the end. superconductor lose any respect i had for them, and i doubt i will be attending any of their nights in the future.

before all this negativity, i did actually manage to enjoy myself, infact it was both electric & intense in the main room, and to be honest i was loving it, despite being constantly stuck to 6 people, and despite losing about 6 litres of sweat per min. infact, i must have spent the total of 1 hr 30 mins in the main room and i have a sore throat right now from all the shouting and screaming.

question marks began to appear when i was told it was past 1am and mills still hadnt shown. when i realised it was around 2am i went to find out what was going on, only to be met at the doors by a few angry people who had just been told the truth. i stayed for around 30 mins and decided to go, i told them i wanted a refund. they have my details so im expecting a phonecall pretty soon with details of how i get my money back, along with an apology.

in the end perhaps it was a good thing mills didnt turn up. because they could have been serious implications in the main room. ive never expierienced an event with so many people tightly sqaushed together, if mills would have shown up, the surge into the main room could have cased serious injury, and perhaps even worse. (the club consists of 4 rooms/areas, 3 of which are the same size, so less than a 1/3 of the people at the event could only see who was playing in the main room)

anyway, bollox to the pair of them. (mills & conductor)

Ultimate Freak

yeah col was shit mate. Dangerously cramped and hot conditions. Losst records my are. So robert hood or andy weatherall couldn't have lent him some tunes and if they had put an sos out for someone to go home and bring some tunes down for him i would of picked him out some right techno from my collection but i bet the arrogant cunt would have turned his nose up at that. Claude young dobn't think he would of played cos he told me he is over for 2 months to have a break from mixing but he may have under the circumstances. Claude young is a great guy i have t0o say. Its funny when you are banging it out with one of your hero's you should of seen him buzzin when hood dropped jaguar :clap:
    Am still gutted with what happened even though i managed to make a good time out of a bad situation.
    Again jeff mills can kiss my arse You haven't bothered playing since orbit in 1995 so **** you. Leeds is a big techno place and can't even be arsed turning up. Darkisde get better music and better people anyway. Oscar mulero is twice the dj he is 3decks superb mixing and better music. Fcuk superconductior welcome to the darkside.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast