Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

some really negative stuff here,quite pleased i never went now.

dont suppose anyone caught any of scott mcgill,tfunkshun resident?
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe
    yeah col was shit mate. Dangerously cramped and hot conditions. Losst records my are. So robert hood or andy weatherall couldn't have lent him some tunes and if they had put an sos out for someone to go home and bring some tunes down for him i would of picked him out some right techno from my collection but i bet the arrogant cunt would have turned his nose up at that. Claude young dobn't think he would of played cos he told me he is over for 2 months to have a break from mixing but he may have under the circumstances. Claude young is a great guy i have t0o say. Its funny when you are banging it out with one of your hero's you should of seen him buzzin when hood dropped jaguar :clap:
    Am still gutted with what happened even though i managed to make a good time out of a bad situation.
    Again jeff mills can kiss my arse You haven't bothered playing since orbit in 1995 so **** you. Leeds is a big techno place and can't even be arsed turning up. Darkisde get better music and better people anyway. Oscar mulero is twice the dj he is 3decks superb mixing and better music. fairy nob goggles superconductior welcome to the darkside.
    the darkside all the way!!!

Ultimate Freak

no affraid not. Didn't even want to move for fear of loosing my place on the dancefloor. Missed all of weatherall and am gutted about that but it wasn't worth the big hassle moving to the next room.

Ultimate Freak

totally agree

club too hot
    jeff = useless
    superconductor too greedy & no respect - overselling, no tap water
    bouncers = n*bs

jeff even got offered a heap fo techno vinyl by a guy working on the night but appraently refused. another myth i heard was that ejff would be playing next friday instead,

I'm waiting for jeff's personal apology.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by detfella
    totally agree

club too hot
    jeff = useless
    superconductor too greedy & no respect - overselling, no tap water
    bouncers = n*bs

jeff even got offered a heap fo techno vinyl by a guy working on the night but appraently refused. another myth i heard was that ejff would be playing next friday instead,

I'm waiting for jeff's personal apology.
    yep, me too. i think a detailed public apology on his site is the least he can do.

Ultimate Freak

load of shit mate. Was just talking to Paul at innercity and the shop has 90% of his tunes and most jeff mills sets are his own tunes anyway and he would of let him raid the shop so he could have a set of his choice. If you can't pick a set from the best techno shop in the country then you really must be a arsehole. All it would have taken would of been a couple of hours of running about of which people would of gladly done for the night. Like i say **** superconductor and jeff mills i will see you all at darkside.

Ultimate Freak

10k for a night and he can't even be bothered.

BOA Lifetime Member

Just woken up...

I really did think the superconductor guys had it sorted with this night. It was a sell out night with 1,000 people in Leeds city center. It looked to have all the makings of a classic night. I was really pleased about it.

I was prepared to pay 25 quid to get in at 1 am. You would think that the door staff/superconductor guys would knock that price down out of common decency or at least mentioning that Jeff wasn’t turning up. They was letting people in, as people were been let out who couldn’t handle the heat. For those people who paid in at 1-2am 25 dolla on the door deserve a refund imo! They was conned no doubt about it, everyone in that que thought that Mills was playing at 2am. They would have got in and been so disappointed. Esp from standing outside for 3 hours. Some of those people had come from Manchester, London all over.

I dont care how much effort they put into setting up this night, a bit of common decency is little to ask for. All they had to say to the handful of people still waiting to get in that Mills was not turning up. To let them in knowing that he wasn’t on and charging 25 quid is lame. Very lame. I feel wrong for selling my ticket for 20 dolla to the guy who had come on the train from Manchester to be stuck in the que. Poor cunt!! hahahaha

ffs they had already made all the cash from all the ticket holders tho

I am pleased to hear that they were taking details from people who were leaving the club and there was talk about sending them about a refund or possible entry to another Mills night. That’s more like it. But this was only the case for the people who kicked off about it tho!

Shame tho, no one I knew was told this. They should have kicked off

:lol:

As for Mills. I respect you less. You charge 6-10k and cant even dj with some of the resident’s records? Exhibitionist = Extortionist imo.
    SC should get a venue with a bigger main room for this in the future. I hope they learned something from this.

Good to hear the residents, Rob Hood and Claude Young played blinders. Respect

BOA Lifetime Member

Anyways bitching over....

Roll on next Mills @ SC

Or Darkside

Prolly Darkside for me

:roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

never been arsed with superconductor anyway..

stick to your voodoo,darkside,locked n throb and you wont go far wrong.

the divide-was it fitipaldi from manchester off this board who you sold your ticket too?
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Ultimate Freak

claude young didn't play. was just on the dancefloor banging it out to robert hood. Give me that guy over robert hood anyday. He has more class and more talent in his little finger than jeff mills has in his whole body. Paul get my man claude young on soon. I told him i would be into you untill you do and you know how much i can go on

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    the divide-was it fitipaldi from manchester off this board who you sold your ticket too?
    No man, it was a really nice couple that showed up late expecting to just walk in. Someone they knew had backed out. I sold it on to some random bloke from Manchester who had been waiting for for about 3-4 hours

Paul Innercity & Tony Adamson would have handled this whole fiasco much better. Paul you da man!!

Jeff will always will get my respect for past productions but I think as a dj its time he moved on. Theres so much better talent from smaller more underground djs. Not to mention some really good attitude and true spirit

Times are changing and he needs to change his attitude or at least think really hard about his fee's. Even 5k is

No way will I fork out to see him dj knowing he takes such a large amount of door tax. 10k ffs. No dj deserves that! I would expect this kind of stuck up behavior from the likes of Judge Jules and Oakenfold

Sure if your a promoter/dj (whatever) making money then fair play. I don’t have a problem with that. It’s when they milk money like that 'because they can'. Other people’s love of music is exploited because someone’s been a greedy cunt.

I understand its not easy and requires true talent to stand out but I hate people that exploit the scene like that

BOA Lifetime Member

** Even 5k is a lot to ask imo. **

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Divide
    Paul Innercity & Tony Adamson would have handled this whole fiasco much better. Paul you da man!!
    2 Adamsons on this board,never knew that. Perhaps were related. :lol: ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Divide
    2 Adamsons on this board,never knew that. Perhaps were related. :lol: ;)
    :lol:

Ultimate Freak

thats what am on about mate. People like him charging 5k are ruining our scene. No dj is worth that amount. I know am just trying to get my name about like but i buzz of playing that much that even if i make it i wouldn't charge obscene amounts. I would of loved to of played at that last night man i would of wet myself. The whole big line up thing just doesn't seem to offer much business sense anymore. Smaller venue's 1 big dj (who isn't taking the piss with fee's) and some good local talent who sometimes are more talented than the dj's playing and you are on to a winner.

BOA Newbie

I was told by the guy on the door who runs the night I would get a full refund via TRIBE, so Iam holding him to his word, otherwise I will hunt him down. The night was a total shambles...CODE will return in 2005 WATCH THIS SPACE . . . . .

Ultimate Freak

more information on code please :lol:

Ultimate Freak

oh shit code. Near la bowl am i on about the right place. Are you doing it in the same place. I never went but i think it looks a real dirty venue. Allways say if i won the lottery i would buy that place and do it out into a techno club again.

BOA Newbie

Unfortunatly not. Tower Works has recently had planning approvel for 165 flats & 15 retail units. The site is for sale £5,000,000+ if your interested...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast