Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Hybrid View

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK ANXIOUS View Post
    , cause pure techno is surely Detroit techno end of?"
    Agree with you on most points, but this is wrong. Techno was developed long before Detroit, I don't give a shit what people say about the Belleville Three, it's complete marketing bullshit on their behalf. There were people creating Electronic stuff along the same lines as we'd call 909 long before the 909 actually existed.

And on the quote of being one tracked, it isn't as bad as it's touted to be, there must be a core of people keeping it true otherwise you'd have it all turn into a munge of shite, which the bandwagon lot are trying aren't they?

The laptop stuff sounds flat IMHO, you've only got to listen to the creators of Ableton, etc. music to see why it's like that. Plus the technology itself is really cheap and nasty, it's pretty much profit over quality these days regardless of how much you pay for it.

And yes, I am an authority on this :D

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post

The laptop stuff sounds flat IMHO, you've only got to listen to the creators of Ableton, etc. music to see why it's like that. Plus the technology itself is really cheap and nasty, it's pretty much profit over quality these days regardless of how much you pay for it.

And yes, I am an authority on this :D
    Must agree, I find a lot of Monolake stuff sounds thin and digitized. Too much white noise

BOA Lifetime Member

what ever happened to dave the drummer?

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    what ever happened to dave the drummer?
    he feels gutted he didn't produce the new daft punk album.

BOA Lifetime Member

I like his sets that he has lately but I do miss the energy from the older stuff, That daft punk album is horrible :-(
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Ultimate Freak

get your ears sorted mate.

it is a very good album.

within and the strokes collaborations are ace..

i don't think you gave it a fair shot or listened to the whole album properly.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    get your ears sorted mate.

it is a very good album.

within and the strokes collaborations are ace..

i don't think you gave it a fair shot or listened to the whole album properly.
    Thats your opinion I love daft punk and I honestly think their new album is terrible.
    I have listened to it properly and it all sounds the same.
    Last time I checked I could decide for myself weather I like something or not .
    So go f*uck yourself sideways with a jackhammer till next Sunday jumping in with your if i like something everyone has to bullshite .
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    Thats your opinion I love daft punk and I honestly think their new album is terrible.
    So go f*uck yourself sideways with a jackhammer till next Sunday jumping in with your if i like something everyone has to bullshite .
    lolz

i cant stop the eschaton

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger View Post
    no you have hard time understanding my words you bollock chops.

i said i don't think you gave it a proper listen or gave it a fair shot sometimes an album can be a grower.

i honestly like this album a lot more than the first listen i gave it even though i thought it was a decent effort in the first place.

there, next time pay the ****kk attention or shut your bleeding mouth ey?

saves me the effort to correct your cunttin arse.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by qUE View Post
    Agree with you on most points, but this is wrong. Techno was developed long before Detroit, I don't give a shit what people say about the Belleville Three, it's complete marketing bullshit on their behalf. There were people creating Electronic stuff along the same lines as we'd call 909 long before the 909 actually existed.
    '

interesting post.

can you name some artists who you feel did that?

probably kraftwerk being one.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by blistanbul View Post
    '

interesting post.

can you name some artists who you feel did that?

probably kraftwerk being one.
    This drum machine existed commercially in the 1950s for a start;
    www.youtube.com/v/QLgyQG8Pu8s

YMO were using the term Techno in the 70s, hence Technopolis (I'm sure they're not the first)

Various synthesis pioneers like Raymond Scott, Max Mathews & Jean-Claude Risset, John Chowning (responsible for Yamaha's FM line), etc. were mucking around with sound modeling and sequencing long before synth keyboards became commercially available.

With enough searching around there's no doubt you'll find recordings of 4/4 rhythms. I know for a fact I've heard early Raymond Scott stuff with downtempo simple 4/4 on the MRI album.

Yeah sure you probably won't find the Disco/Funk influenced stuff pre-dating late 70s, but then Techno at its core isn't connected with those genres anyway.